• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G.I.M.P.E.D. 1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Cheap Character > Cheap Strategy

and ether is right leave the game as it is for now.

ban MK

Alukard

Smash Hero
No, no more banning of anything else at this point, just play the game. I've never seen a community regulate a ruleset so much. Other fighting games you turn the game on and you automatically have a general tournament ruleset.
well thats the problem with freaking brawl ... theres so much wrong with it ... =\

i wish it was better =[

malcom makes me happy ^_^

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Wes, I'm sorry but how can you complain about Metaknight being cheap while you use a tactic in teams that takes off one or two stocks at once at 0%. On the other hand, Dire actually came up to me and apologized. It's not something to apologize for though, and I don't even blame you guys for using it. Dire said that if he hosted a tournament he would ban it, and I agree that it should be banned at least to some degree.

Nevertheless, I don't think I'll have much of a problem against that tactic again because I am going to use Sheik and yeah I'm telling you this now. So if you want to try to counter me knowing that go ahead.
ooooo this I have to see.

But seriously, can't we just talk about the good times in the tournament and future prospects, rather than just talk about controversial opinions that aren't really related to this tournament?

Snakeee

Smash Master
It's fine to have the opinion of wanting to ban Metaknight but I strongly disagree with that. Yes, he is ahead of the rest of the cast, but he's not unstoppable by any means and a lot of the things people are complaining about can be dealt with if you know what to do against him.

Banning a tactic is a lot smaller of a deal than banning a character though...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No, no more banning of anything else at this point, just play the game. I've never seen a community regulate a ruleset so much. Other fighting games you turn the game on and you automatically have a general tournament ruleset.
Other games weren't designed to be a party game.

Snakeee said:
Wes, I'm sorry but how can you complain about Metaknight being cheap while you use a tactic in teams that takes off one or two stocks at once at 0%. On the other hand, Dire actually came up to me and apologized. It's not something to apologize for though, and I don't even blame you guys for using it. Dire said that if he hosted a tournament he would ban it, and I agree that it should be banned at least to some degree.

Nevertheless, I don't think I'll have much of a problem against that tactic again because I am going to use Sheik and yeah I'm telling you this now. So if you want to try to counter me knowing that go ahead.
I've beaten Wes and Dire in teams I think 4 or 5 times at this point, and never lost a set to their "broken" tactic. It's perfectly beatable and not that hard to handle.

Hax

Smash Champion
..you still don't get it? (not you, just the brawl community in general)

YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME COMPETITIVELY WHEN IT NOT MADE TO BE COMPETITIVE

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
guys this is becoming pretty dumb, how did wee get on such a subject as this. As a TO of not just brawl and melee but other games as well... there is a lot of broken **** in nearly every game. This is why there is a tier list. MK is not worthy of ban in my opinion. yes we all know that BRAWL requires less skill then MELEE but you know what the community is HUGE and in the end both smash games are tourney viable. in nearly the same aspects. THIS IS A KING OF THE HILL GAME just not the same one as before. it has different properties and ****. That is all, get over it.... MK might be the best but he is beatable. Just because the current #1 uses him doesn't mean anything. If M2K used Marth from the beginning (which he did). and perfected him like he did MK who knows maybe marth will be on the top.

Now M2K is a great player and he does belittle himself sometimes but he is beatable. It might be hard now but he does lose every now and then. You never know who can rise up and all of a sudden be the best. the same thing happened in melee. Originally Ken was UNBEATABLE, but then came PC, KDJ, M2K, and others like DSF and ****. People need to put there egos in check and just play the game.

As for the game and watch and zss team tactic..... yes its gay but.... as it continues people WILL learn to get by it and eventually beat it. But in my opinion maybe the bucket move will be banned in general, since it is a rare occasion that it happens UNLESS it is these circumstances. I say dont bann it but we will see what happens

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
..you still don't get it? (not you, just the brawl community in general)

YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME COMPETITIVELY WHEN IT NOT MADE TO BE COMPETITIVE
It doesn't matter how bad or imbalanced a Smash game is, the community will force itself to play it. I'm here because Smash has the biggest tournament scene by among fighters by far, for some reason.

Edited out unneccessary rudeness.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
OMG! When Is Anti Going To Do His Shoutouts?

Yes Yes. so the time has finally come this time you only get a shoutout if you placed top 25 if not you didnt do good enough to deserve my shoutouts.

1: Mew2King ($440.00) - well your tornado did a godly job you saved ninjalink off so many things with it good job yes yes.
2: ADHD ($220.00) - team wifi did a mediocre job it was my fault i will admit next time give me 20$ when you get money in a tourny
3: Ksizzle4life ($132.00) - that first round was utter BS lol good job though another on of my wifi players. you and JG too cool
4: Bum ($44.00) - so i hear youve been messing around in singles lol. yes the community is in bad shape right now but its up to me to fix it and i will :)
5: Inui ($22.00) - Inui Inui Inui. no Atomsk this time but you still did good in teams congrats sir.
5: Snakeee ($22.00) - good job being clutch last match you dont fall for my uptilt spam anymore. but in singles we shall see
7: MalcolmM - quite a jokester we have here nice placing sonic still sucks especially sonic FFA's lol
7: Ninjalink - good matches in teams. good job going G&W 90% uptilts are my fav.
9: Vanz - i must admit i did play quite the gay in these matches peach vs MK is my worst. gg's though
9: Doom - 9th pretty good. and was that asian girl at cot4 your girlfriend?
9: Jman - one of my crewmates/**** brawl guys lol. good stuff on getting 9th
9: Anti - Wow **** you blackie.
13: d1 - your falco i wonder if you used him. because you play gay against DDD's lol funny guy funny guy.
13: owl - nice seeing you again from the last time i came to the college.
13: PGN1337 - good job at this tournament you actually stayed *im the one to talk*
13: Eli-mination - imma get you i SF4. and my mom wants to fight you *fist fight*
17: Mike G - good job beating ninjalink i hear i wonder who you used.
17: Problem - yeah you smelled like pot when you came back in the venue i wonder....
17: Dark Pch - nice seeing you. pretty good doing you did in teams with jash
17: ChiboSempai - coming from PA nice. upload the cot4 vids
17: Chaos Marth - cool guy too bad we couldnt get the live stream going because of the internet connection. and good work on your girlfriend.
17: Izumi - MrSmileyFace. never not smiling. lol
17: Ron - i wonder who you used...
17: Shadow - your MK man good stuff. sucks you didnt stay on the TV long enough to play me and ADHD in a friendly set.
25: HippieDude92 - soo didnt see you.
25: Orion ( The Spammer) - Nice name. :) take my spot next time you leave
25: Skip - you had a picture of a white janitor on your AIB display. 30$ MM next time my MK vs your falcon
25: Shadowlink84 - didnt see.
25: Helper - nice seeing ya
25: DoomMachine15 - nice pikachu
25: Pc Chris - Cool azz guy. one day i need to be thought how to play Melee.
25: Hax - SF4. lets play it one day.

SHOUTOUTS FOR PEOPLE THAT DIDNT ENTER
Wes - funny guy. that Skeet Skeet combo was the winner of the tournament
Dire - you know exactly when to bucket very good work on that.
Miwa/Mop - nice seeing you guys again enter teams next time
Alex Strife/KnightMare - good job running the event.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
If I had it my way you n*ggas would be playing basketball in Pelican Bay! 23 hour lockdown, *****! I'm the po-lice, I run sh*t here! You just live here!

I mean, if I had it my way, minimal things would be banned. Apparently the game sucks no matter what allow.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
anti u seem mad that i tornado you in teams that's because ddd sucks vs mk in teams if mk tornados him. Big characters specifically suck against that move there is no reason not to use it.

except atomsk gets around it a lot, but no one else >_>
oooh i have to talk to you on aim about something lol let me IM you now.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Now M2K is a great player and he does belittle himself sometimes but he is beatable. It might be hard now but he does lose every now and then. You never know who can rise up and all of a sudden be the best. the same thing happened in melee. Originally Ken was UNBEATABLE, but then came PC, KDJ, M2K, and others like DSF and ****. People need to put there egos in check and just play the game.
No. Stop being delusional. You just don't understand yet. Only players like Atomsk and I really get it.

As for the game and watch and zss team tactic..... yes its gay but.... as it continues people WILL learn to get by it and eventually beat it. But in my opinion maybe the bucket move will be banned in general, since it is a rare occasion that it happens UNLESS it is these circumstances. I say dont bann it but we will see what happens
Considering I tend to decimate that team, I don't really care about that tactic. Just don't be an idiot and you won't get hit it by it. It's really obvious.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
No. Stop being delusional. You just don't understand yet. Only players like Atomsk and I really get it.

Considering I tend to decimate that team, I don't really care about that tactic. Just don't be an idiot and you won't get hit it by it. It's really obvious.
as i said egos in check XD lol you know modesty is pretty cool you should try it XD

Orion*

Smash Researcher
me and bajisci did fine against wes and dires bucket nonsense, we almost took a set. note that we dont come close to high level play, its in no way reasonably bad enough to be banned.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ego in check?

The people that think they will someday take down M2K are the delusional ones that need to keep their egos in check.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Not to bring back up drama or anything but i think its very very hard to compare top tiers from brawl to top tiers from melee. Its obvious to everyone how different the games and the characters are. As someone stated before in melee a small mistake at any % can very well mean your whole stock, especially true at high level play. With this in mind, the best character (Fox), won't dominate as easily because as someone stated before everyone makes mistakes even m2k. I know this is the "players" fault not the "characters" and we base tiers off of a characters potential but you have to be realistic. Also someone said before since the mechanics of brawl is just basically chipping off damage until you can land a KO move u can afford to make a lot more small mistakes( i know obviously if u fux up at high damage your going to get KO'd most of the time, but at low damage if you get read by your enemy you'll get grabbed or F-tilted and get 21% lol ect..)

I'll use the example someone used earlier because i think he hit the nail right on the head.So the situation is M2k makes a mistake in melee with fox/ marth/ sheik whoever u consider top tier, it can very well lead into losing a stock maybe not most of the time but i can say usually it'll lead into a pretty decent combo % 35 or more or it'll lead into him getting knocked off the edge and as we all know melee has crazy edgeguarding so it could very well lead to a KO in the long run.

The brawl situation is MK makes a mistake, now i know this is all situational just like it is in melee but for the most part he's just going to get hit by a tilt or a grab or something like that. and take like 21% or something, usually less though.

Fox is clearly the best character in melee in my opinion and most other people's too. He has a few even match-ups at worst. Spammer brought up a good point with the counter picks, he has so many at his disposal especially vs floaties. Now with brawl is there any terrible counter picks for MK stage wise? sure, there's a couple stages that snake fairs a better chance at winning then MK might, but its really hard to pick a gay counter pick vs MK because he's such a fast mobile character, fox is fast and mobile too but he doesn't have like a million jumps and a all that other BS that makes Metaknight so ridiculous. There was Brinstar in melee for fox as well as Mute City, Jungle Japes, and DK64 all legal counter picks that made it hard for fox to win vs usually peach or Jiggs LOL. what I'm trying to get at is i think MK is just as dominant as fox if not more. They both have a couple hard match-ups and by hard i mean even. they're both hard to counter pick stage was but it seems that fox is a little weaker in this department just because he can't float around under stages and move around as good as MK can.

A lot of people might think I'm biased because i play melee and well sure so happens i main fox LOL but i really can't see how fox is more overly dominant than MK is in brawl. Over the history of competitive melee was there really that many successful fox players? I mean when you think" early Melee" you think of 3 main people Ken(Marth), Isai (Falcon), and Azen (marth). As competitve melee developed fox became more technical and just all around better slowly moving towards the top. M2k used to be a strictly fox main but he only really dominated with Marth although everyone knows his fox is just as good. PC Chris (blush) is another one who comes to mind probably more known for my Falco back in the day just because it beat ken but i switched to fox because well he's better than Falco and it was easier to win with him. KDJ another Fox main? i put a question mark around main because he'd always go sheik against m2k and would never go fox vs chu. Jman is known as a solid fox now as well. There's obviously many other notable foxes that I'm not going to mention but i think u catch my drift.

Now with brawl it's hard to say that everywhere u look MK is not dominating i mean i know you'd see a lot of foxes too in melee but its pretty ridiculous looking at the results of major brawl tournaments. and seeing like 7 MK's in the top 17. anyway this post took a lot more time than i expected LOL i wasted too much time on this, just my 2 cents though.
also ignore spelling errors and such, I'm lazy. so many run on sentences i bet LOL

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
inui just speaks his mind ALL the time about everything he literally has no filter at ALL if you don't like how he thinks you can just ignore him lol

edit - PC at the highest levels it's the same or small difference I think brawl did not evolve as much as melee did (although melee pros playing brawl does help quite a bit) imo

Rocann

Smash Lord
quit acting like it's impossible to beat him forever and that he's built for smash and can see stuff other people can't or something. yeah he's way better than everyone else. but to say that for all the people that play, particularly all the new players, that it's impossible for anyone to ever GET as good as him is just stupid. he may or may not ever lose, but to say that no other human being has potential to be as good as him is silly. I want to be as dominant as he is (although with MK in the game, I don't think that's possible. as people keep getting better, characters are beginning to bottleneck players' skill, except MK and to some extent diddy and snake.) to say that it's impossible for me to do that even though I've been playing one year to his 7 is silly too. and there are many more new incoming players that have that potential as well

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Ego in check?

The people that think they will someday take down M2K are the delusional ones that need to keep their egos in check.
If people don't resolve to surpass the best, there's no reason to compete in the first place. Why are you hosting and attending tournaments?

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
lol 2nd place is the new 1st place at brawl tournaments it seems LOL.
Also m2k what do u consider high level at brawl. Be honest, we know you're a lot better than everyone since you're obviously winning every tournament but who else would u consider high level.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Not to bring back up drama or anything but i think its very very hard to compare top tiers from brawl to top tiers from melee. Its obvious to everyone how different the games and the characters are. As someone stated before in melee a small mistake at any % can very well mean your whole stock, especially true at high level play. With this in mind, the best character (Fox), won't dominate as easily because as someone stated before everyone makes mistakes even m2k. I know this is the "players" fault not the "characters" and we base tiers off of a characters potential but you have to be realistic. Also someone said before since the mechanics of brawl is just basically chipping off damage until you can land a KO move u can afford to make a lot more small mistakes( i know obviously if u fux up at high damage your going to get KO'd most of the time, but at low damage if you get read by your enemy you'll get grabbed or F-tilted and get 21% lol ect..)

I'll use the example someone used earlier because i think he hit the nail right on the head.So the situation is M2k makes a mistake in melee with fox/ marth/ sheik whoever u consider top tier, it can very well lead into losing a stock maybe not most of the time but i can say usually it'll lead into a pretty decent combo % 35 or more or it'll lead into him getting knocked off the edge and as we all know melee has crazy edgeguarding so it could very well lead to a KO in the long run.

The brawl situation is MK makes a mistake, now i know this is all situational just like it is in melee but for the most part he's just going to get hit by a tilt or a grab or something like that. and take like 21% or something, usually less though.

Fox is clearly the best character in melee in my opinion and most other people's too. He has a few even match-ups at worst. Spammer brought up a good point with the counter picks, he has so many at his disposal especially vs floaties. Now with brawl is there any terrible counter picks for MK stage wise? sure, there's a couple stages that snake fairs a better chance at winning then MK might, but its really hard to pick a gay counter pick vs MK because he's such a fast mobile character, fox is fast and mobile too but he doesn't have like a million jumps and a all that other BS that makes Metaknight so ridiculous. There was Brinstar in melee for fox as well as Mute City, Jungle Japes, and DK64 all legal counter picks that made it hard for fox to win vs usually peach or Jiggs LOL. what I'm trying to get at is i think MK is just as dominant as fox if not more. They both have a couple hard match-ups and by hard i mean even. they're both hard to counter pick stage was but it seems that fox is a little weaker in this department just because he can't float around under stages and move around as good as MK can.

A lot of people might think I'm biased because i play melee and well sure so happens i main fox LOL but i really can't see how fox is more overly dominant than MK is in brawl. Over the history of competitive melee was there really that many successful fox players? I mean when you think" early Melee" you think of 3 main people Ken(Marth), Isai (Falcon), and Azen (marth). As competitve melee developed fox became more technical and just all around better slowly moving towards the top. M2k used to be a strictly fox main but he only really dominated with Marth although everyone knows his fox is just as good. PC Chris (blush) is another one who comes to mind probably more known for my Falco back in the day just because it beat ken but i switched to fox because well he's better than Falco and it was easier to win with him. KDJ another Fox main? i put a question mark around main because he'd always go sheik against m2k and would never go fox vs chu. Jman is known as a solid fox now as well. There's obviously many other notable foxes that I'm not going to mention but i think u catch my drift.

Now with brawl it's hard to say that everywhere u look MK is not dominating i mean i know you'd see a lot of foxes too in melee but its pretty ridiculous looking at the results of major brawl tournaments. and seeing like 7 MK's in the top 17. anyway this post took a lot more time than i expected LOL i wasted too much time on this, just my 2 cents though.
also ignore spelling errors and such, I'm lazy. so many run on sentences i bet LOL
Very note worthy input. It makes me happy to see your opinion on the discussion and i agree on nearly everything XD

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If people don't resolve to surpass the best, there's no reason to compete in the first place. Why are you hosting and attending tournaments?
Ether : one of the most educated black guys in the smash community to date.

and yes M2K make your tierlist of players right now. lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@Ether: I still enjoy tournaments and the game a lot and 2nd still has money.

@Rocann: You just don't get it yet. You will eventually.

@M2K: lol, it's true...

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
LOL yeah i know its like a dying animal trying to run away from like a bear or something lol but how else am i supposed to learn? that how i learned in melee i don't mind losing terribly for a few months to get better :p

Alukard

Smash Hero
wow pc that post was amazing ...

altho ... m2k and jman think sheik is the best in the game LAWL... bast*ards in denial lol

MK is too beast imo bum would have won the tourney if it weren't for MK cuz either inui or m2k would have gay'd him ... and if bum would have still thrown the match vs. that diddy kong ... then the diddy dude would have won it all ... MK IS THE DARK KNIGHT LMFAO

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i dont have a tier list of players but i hear a lot of good things about fiction and larry from WC, Chrome Pirate is constantly improving really fast, ally is really good, azens amazing, and there's plenty more but I can't just rank players there's too many good ones coming up this game hasn't even been out a year yet I don't think why do people think there are such limits. That mindset is why people suck, and that's the truth. Also no I don't think anyone is as good as me as I consistently win everything and often by a lot, but I'm not about to make a tier list of the players lol I don't know much else from what I said.

LMFAO @ A DYING ANIMAL RUNNING FROM A BEAR FKSDKFLSDKLFKSDGKKJSGDHKGFH

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Inui is right about people needing to get better at fighting MK. Spam is right about people needing to step it up and play significantly smarter. Also, stop banning everything, you gays. The end.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
To add on to what PC was saying: In a 'perfect control' environment:everything based off of potential. Bowser would be the second best character in the melee.

Player skill should ALWAYS be considered.

:093:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
LOL yeah i know its like a dying animal trying to run away from like a bear or something lol but how else am i supposed to learn? that how i learned in melee i don't mind losing terribly for a few months to get better :p
there was one point where you held jump and glided by accident (i think). you had this WTF look on your face, because then the glide ended and you were in falling animation and you had no more jumps.
you gave m2k this "wtf is this bull****" look and he just kinda half shrugged and kept playing//****** you.

i was just cracking up XDDD.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
well results would of been diffrent if you were there Atomsk. MK's/Diddys on the bottom.

P.S: SINCE WHEN PEOPLE LET A GAME CHANGE THEIR MINDSETS/ATTITUDES. i miss when people were like " i can beat M2K he doesnt know the lucas matchup" **** like that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom