• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G.I.M.P.E.D. 1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaode

Smash Champion
no fox doesn't have any counters

olimar gets beat by mk falco and marth

what are you talking about? lol
obv i was joking about the olimar thing lol.

So who is better, Melee fox or Brawl MK. because I don't have experience vs. good MK's cuz i don't play brawl, but a good Fox isn't that much scarier than a good Falco or Marth imo

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@Inui - Genesis? I don't plan on entering singles besides that unless I go to PA to visit LK.
Nah, you're going to enter before then. The $100+ you're gauranteed to make every time is too good. You'd be an idiot to not enter.

ADHD said:
inui how is it so far off for me to take a game off m2k. I could have at least beaten him twice in the grand finals but I played stupidly at the end and he took advantage of it.
There is a slight very tiny shot at taking a game. Taking the set isn't going to happen. The more you play him, the worse it's going to get for you. I'm overall better than you and use better characters, and he beats me far worse than he beats you because he has me memorized.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
You're wrong in saying he has no counters. Falco slightly counters Fox (pretty even on FD though)
Fox vs Falco from Falco's side is the most depressing matchup in the game. Fox ***** him mercilessly. That match is completely 100% hopeless for Falco except on FD.

and Marth counters him. these are solid counters.
No, Marth doesn't counter him at all. The match is close to even on neutrals but Fox assrapes him mercilessly on counterpicks.

Peach does good against fox but ultimately he gets that match, same with sheik.
Hahaha. Peach gets ***** mercilessly by Fox and Sheik gets ***** pretty badly by him as well.

Fox and Marth are tied for Best character in a Top Tier with 4 characters in it. MK has his own tier above snake and two tiers over everyone else lol. I thought it was consensus that MK was the best character by a much more considerable margin.
The current tier list is awful and Fox is not tied for best character in Melee despite what anyone says to the contrary.

Nah, you're going to enter before then. The $100+ you're gauranteed to make every time is too good. You'd be an idiot to not enter.
Ah but I will suffer irreparable damage to my brain and my soul. Unless Fiction isn't overhyping Wario and he really IS as good as he says he is.

doowop

Smash Apprentice
Looking at the name of this thread... The results of this tourn is that everyone johns and complains like a *******.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ah but I will suffer irreparable damage to my brain and my soul. Unless Fiction isn't overhyping Wario and he really IS as good as he says he is.
This weekend, you're going to show up to my tournament.

You're going to see everyone pay their $10 to enter singles.

You're going to see a pile of money for singles.

You're going to realize that, at absolute worst given your vast skill and patience, you're going to win $100 just from playing a video game for a few hours.

Then you're going to make the intelligent choice to enter and win that money.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Well whatever. it seems everybody disregards what the BR says nowadays, and from my personal experience Fox is not worse to fight than Marth or Falco. But then again I play Falcon, who's countered by all the top tiers anyway >_> So I'll swallow my pride and respect you guys' opinions, as i know Ryan is better than me and spammer prolly is too.

but still, who do you say is more broken, MK or Melee fox? because I don't remember any sort of Ban fox movement, especially not one backed by notable players like Wes and Dire (among others). It seemed like common consensus that MK was a LOT better than everybody else, but again I don't play Brawl so I wouldnt know.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Really people? We have to do degenerate this thread less than 24 hours after the tourny is over?

Anti, you live in LI right? Are you close to Hofstra University? I'd love to do training with you.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
but still, who do you say is more broken, MK or Melee fox? because I don't remember any sort of Ban fox movement, especially not one backed by notable players like Wes and Dire (among others). It seemed like common consensus that MK was a LOT better than everybody else, but again I don't play Brawl so I wouldnt know.
There was a big movement to ban Sheik in the earlier days of competitive Melee, and now she's like 4th best on most tier lists.

MK will decline. In fact, he already is because other characters are rising. Dedede, Wario, Falco, Diddy Kong, Game and Watch, and Snake have been placing higher and higher, with Snake taking 1st a lot.

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
m2k is probably reading this and laughing at all the arguments he's causing. Anyway i'm looking forward to see ally vs. m2k, that would be a great match.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Atomsk and I beat HolyNightmare and Ally at Cataclysm 4 and Ally and Seibrik got 5th at Clash of the Titans 4 while Atomsk and I got 3rd. :)

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
M2K already owned him three times in singles and once in teams.
Are there any vids because I can't find any. Also was it recent when they played? It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to see the games.

The m2k vs ally singles ones I mean.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Geez, does anyone know BigM personally? So that they can tell him to read his PMs? I would like MY Wii back that he took and I'm sure he wants his Wii and Brawl disc back.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Are there any vids because I can't find any. Also was it recent when they played? It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to see the games.

Extremely recent, dude. Cataclysm 4 in January and Clash of the Titans 4 just two weeks ago.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord

Just look at tourney results. I think I saw somewhere ally 2nd m2k 1st. obviously, (not to be rude) m2k beat ally. :p

Lucarioowl

Smash Apprentice
The tourney was great speacial shout outs to:

boxob- love the sonic dittos learned much ( when you went mk i cried and said nooo dont conform)

Knightmare-(the real one )you rule epic tourney bro

whitman-rep marth

Bshaw-good toon link lovin it

Arrancar18-lucario is getting there bro dont get discouraged

Shadowlink84-sorry i had to go mk i feel really bad dude =(

ChiboSempai-good Rob

Doom-next time ill beat your mk i promise lol good stuff man it was fun thanks for rep on mah lucario im honored

Malcolm- why is your sonic so good!!!!!!!!?????? could not touch you and wario is even worse (has chillls) good stuff

dmt-good stuff wit shiek

jtls -sorry about opheron

guru -pt for the win lol

helper -u didnt help much

projo- lol you beat palin and mcain lololol go jbama

Diakhu- lol the true Rob that all should live up to

Nuke- was fun bro keep it up

d1- u still have to fight me grrrr

ninjalink- i hate you (not really) =)

m2k- stop winning tourneys

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
Just look at tourney results. I think I saw somewhere ally 2nd m2k 1st. obviously, (not to be rude) m2k beat ally. :p
Looking at tourney results is not the same as watching the actual game. I know now that he won but I just want to see the vids. I'm asking if there were any taken and if so a link would be appreciated, thanks.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
This weekend, you're going to show up to my tournament.

You're going to see everyone pay their $10 to enter singles.

You're going to see a pile of money for singles.

You're going to realize that, at absolute worst given your vast skill and patience, you're going to win $100 just from playing a video game for a few hours.

Then you're going to make the intelligent choice to enter and win that money.
Can't enter singles this weekend even IF I wanted to.

Melee Fox > MK

I don't know why there wasn't a ban Fox movement though it's either because it took awhile for the Melee metagame to get to the point where we realized that Fox is the best and the community was smart by then or the community was just smart in the first place.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
LOL you try playing m2k in melee :p i didn't actually get murdered only that first match. the sets were 3-1 and 3-2 respectively. Although he did use falcon the second set. for 2 matches. btw i was the one who paused it during the spike LOL. made it seem even more epic haha. Not sure if your familiar with competitive melee but its not very odd for marth to end a kill with a spike, melee has combos.

Shoutouts!

Knightmare and alex- great job running the tournament, the venue was so perfect (well besides the desks but u couldn't really do anything about that and i still had my chair LOL)
but yeah i had a lot of fun with melee and brawl ill be back for more as long as i'm free.

Melee Singles

1: Mew2King - still too good, but your falcon needs a little work :p LOL good stuff.
2: PC Chris - yayuhz
3: Jman - sucks vs marth LOL good close sets as usual. I'll come over this week so we can practice melee often and surpass m2k.
4: eggm - sorry for the gay counterpick, wasn't confident with fox enough to stay him.
5: Reno- we didn't play :(
5: Dj Nintendo - LOL bowser > m2k's sheik
7: GMoney- has the best fro. im def interested in going to mass madness so if u can take me i'd appreciate it greatly :D ill talk to u on aim.
7: Scar- ***** haha teams was so fun, we gotta try it another time. step it up in singles :p
9: Hazz- we didn't talk much :( or play at all. we gotta have a smashfest or something soon .
9: Ryan K- looks like my uncle LOLOL
9: Vanz- MR BRAWL LOL that was so annoying i felt bad for u. -.- your jiggs and sheik are too pretty.
9: Kwan- good seeing you again bro :) we'll work on that fox sometime but your DK is still hella good.
13: Vanilla4- YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
13: Mogwai- is too goodz. you should place way higher based off of our friendlies LOL. fun chillin' with you as always.
13: Angelo - ANGELO!!!!!
13: Shine Mike - shined me
17: Eaode - pichu.
17: Teep- sounds like tope
17: Ref x_x
17: boxob - we didn't play in melee
17: ChiboSempai - ***** that bowser with his samus too goodz.
17: -007- lol awesome gamertag
17: Zed-?

Brawl Singles

too many people to make shout outs for in the placing format so ill just name a few dudez i remember.

M2k- you're just as dominant in brawl as you are in melee if not even more, which is insane <_<. i swear ill come over one day so u can teach me gay **** and we can play all 3 smash games.

Inui- pokemon shirts are cool. how can u tell me not to give up on snake when i see you use MK yourself :p LOL.

Hax- u ***** me LOL guess you were right :( LOL your falcon was really fun to watch, i'd **** him though. true story.

ADHD- i dont think we talked but your diddy almost makes me wanna learn competitive brawl again, take that as a huge compliment. beast combos n shiet.

Bum- :( wanted to see u get to the finals but you still look beast as hell. Too smart. fun chillin' with you as well. ill probably be around for more melee + brawl tournaments.

Ninja link - i just realized u look like a black version of MOFO LMAO. good seeing you again bro.

Wes + Dire - broooooothhaaa's LOL fun watching u and dire frustrate the hell out of everyone in teams. such a **** strategy. Great hanging with u guys as always.

Ksizzzzleeeeeeee- you're too smart good matches vs m2k. i wish i got to watch you play more.

Anti- can't believe you're only 14 LOL u destroyed me XD gg's

Ron- i aimed for top 17 in brawl singles and u knocked me out and i got 25th because of it LOL jerk. haha jk good matches your pikachu is too nuts and all over the place. i can't hit it :ohwell:

Kirin- you're way better than me, MK is just too gay. mario is hella GG's, do u play melee? GG's

Kaos dude- your toon link was pretty solid, gotta work on that falco tho :p good set.

All the familiar NYC faces (d1,shadow, snakeeee, leo blackenese, ect ..you know who u are)- u guys make the community awesome , i had a great time watching the epic brawl matches with your commentary and whatnot LOL this is why i can't quit smash XD.

everyone else- sorry i can't remember everyone i know im missing a few people. Good matches to everyone i played. good stuffz

random others

Alukard- we need to samus ditto haha and play melee in general.

Guy selling soda- thanks for hydrating me and your lime green sunglasses were so cash. thx for the sandwiches.

Peanut- nice meeting you. It's always great to see other competitive gamers that aren't melee/ brawl pro's. competitive gamers seem to appreciate each others community in general but i noticed there's an insane amount of melee players who also play SC or maybe it's just a coincidence because SC is so popular LOL. Play melee!! :p

guy with scary mask sitting behind me in melee finals - omg that was hilarious.

Other girls at venue- nice break for everyone who is always having to stare at m2k **** people relentlessly in melee/brawl haha. sorry if anyone is dating them LOL

umm everyone else good stuffz i havent done shout outs like this since like melee FC 3 LMAO.
your shoutouts are taken as a huge compliment to the tournament i am glad you enjoyed it XD GIMPED 2 will be soon and it will most liely be melee exclusive you down to cohost

ANTi_

Smash Hero
yo Chaos Marth was that chick u had on your background your girl? on the laptop

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Also, it was a fundamentally uneducated decision to host melee garbage first.

Fine you can still have love for the game, and it's not "dead" yet, but Brawl is still the newer game and deserves the primetime spot.

I just joined teams so that I can have enough time for the rest of my day but no, I still left that place at like 7:20 or so when teams ended.

Host brawl stuff first THEN see if melee people want to stay because regardless of whatever anyone thinks about which game is better, attendance numbers clearly indicate which one is currently more popular.

Thank you.

Snakeee

Smash Master
So, me and my brother came up with a very simple plan so that Wes and Dire do not pull that bucket off again :)

EDIT: and Chaos marth's gf is slammin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom