• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G.I.M.P.E.D. 1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cia

das kwl
if it was pichu, it was probably Leo aka Basic Sausage aka reflex?

i zero to death chain grabbed his pichu.. it was my favorite part of the day.

see this

ADHD

Smash Hero
The same stuff that worked against other mks worked against mew2king.. That's why I think there's hope.

Hax

Smash Champion
after yesterday i think that settled it.. i'm in support for an MK ban.

Rocann

Smash Lord
A lot of people are coming back into support after tourneys like cot4. I used to be anti, now I'm on the fence again. Watching previously mediocre players pick up MK and experience a huge boost to their placings is just annoying

Cia

das kwl
Dair > Dair > Dair > Dair > Dair > B button

"OOOOOH, where are you at sheild?"

LMFAO, i think it was reno, or someone who said that, i just know i couldn't stop laughing.

R3N0

Smash Lord
HAAHA WHERE ARE U AT SHIELD!!?!?!?!!? LOL !!!

yeah good times everybody sorry i had to leave so early.

good times, love u all. bai!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
oh and one more thing. CAN SOMEONE WHO DOES M2K SECONDARY?

(crickets)

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
I'll do my shoutout later, Im not in the mood for it
Sorry I also left kinda early, and took a setup away from you guys but I had a fencing thing to direct at and make reperations(sp) to my wallet.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Did you win a single match? Nope. You can't. You're probably the #2 MK on the planet, and you still can't win. What hope is there for the rest of us? None.
Nah son, I could have definetely taken off at least a match but I made some REALLY dumb mistakes. I jumped right into his fsmash when I was on the ledge for a bunch of deaths(why would I NOT go under the stage on Delfino, which is infinitely safer?) and SDed on the FD match.

Melee is harder, but it's more possible to beat him in Melee because mistakes mean more. Jason can afford to make more mistakes in Brawl and he uses a better character in Brawl, so beating him is less possible.
WHAT? He doesn't use a better character in Brawl at all, wtf are you smoking? He uses two of the best characters in Melee as well as THE best, Fox. You guys just need to stop playing like morons and you'll do better.

Alukard

Smash Hero
meta is cheap as hell ... definitely 60% of the top 20 players in almost every tourney are metaknight lol

unless they came to play with someone else for fun ... because MK is CHEAP and easy to use

Eaode

Smash Champion

WHAT? He doesn't use a better character in Brawl at all, wtf are you smoking? He uses two of the best characters in Melee as well as THE best, Fox. You guys just need to stop playing like morons and you'll do better.
MK in Brawl is better than Marth/Fox in Melee. I agree with Inui in that mistakes matter more in Melee. One mistake in Melee = combo or techchase to edgeuard setup and a lot of damage whereas a mistake in brawl gives your opponent like one hit lol. Its also easier to make mistakes in Melee given that it's faster and more technical.

But I do think that M2K can be dethroned eventually. Ken was King of smash for like what, 3 years or something? and then he got booted by PC in '06, took it back, and then lost it again to M2K. although this is Brawl so he could possibly be there forever due to the nature of the game, but it's not like I care cuz I hate Brawl anyway lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Nah son, I could have definetely taken off at least a match but I made some REALLY dumb mistakes. I jumped right into his fsmash when I was on the ledge for a bunch of deaths(why would I NOT go under the stage on Delfino, which is infinitely safer?) and SDed on the FD match.

So when are you going to actually take at least one match off of him? You're the #2 MK. You're the one with the best chance of doing so. When you finally take a single game, I can believe M2K is beatable, but even a single game isn't worth that much. M2K has dropped games to players before. Take a set if he's beatable.

MK is better than Marth, his main in Melee. Anyways, that point is pretty minor. What I said about punishments for mistakes is mainly why beating him in Melee is more possible. Catching him playing poorly for just a few seconds can make you win in Melee, not in Brawl, because he has more time to retake the lead.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I thought I lost my account, but clearly I just forgot to put the space in-between Strata and Razor, and I kept inputting in the wrong tag. Anywayz, I thought I'd be done with this site 7/24/06 (the last time I posted, apparently), but clearly, my heart is still with Smash, and I have people to thank for that. Here are my shoutouts from this tourney (the first tourney shoutout thread I've posted in in 2.5 years lol)

Hippiedude91: My protege, it's all because of you that I got the inspiration to get back into the smash scene. I've said all the things I've wanted to say to you in person and in AIM, so for everybody who still doesn't know, in fair time, they will soon recognize your Mario Bros. game.

Wes: My idol, I totally didn't expect to see you at the first tourney I've been to in 2.5 years. But seeing you there yesterday totally made my day, since you took me all the way back to my Melee years, some of the most memorable years of my life. Watching you do your thing against Problem with Sonic, Samus, ZSS and Snake was truly a sight to behold, a Smash elite through thick and thin. All these kids commenting on you, inciting your wrath don't know all that you put in to make the NYC smash scene as large and as exciting as it was. We seem to be relics of a much brighter age, but in time, I know that you'll put everybody back in their places, and bring NYC brawl to the level that it can be. Truly looking forward to the day.

Dire: My hero, just as much of a surprise seeing you and your skills/color commentary to the tourney yesterday. I knew that you and Wes would bring heat to the team tourneys, but you exceeded my expectations with your Bucket kills. THAT IS HOW DA ROLLS, PEOPLE!! Don't ever sleep on the most dedicated smashers in the community, because all you'll get is some ejaculate in your face from the Bucket O' Doom that you all took lightly. Hangin' with you and Wes yesterday, exchanging philosophies about the smash world, joking about all that was going on, all of it made me wish of days past when we were allowed to be carefree with thoughts like that. Here's to better days ahead for you guys...=)

Bum: My monkey, you are still the same monster with the Prime Primate as the last time I remembered you. You may not remember me, but we chilled at the very first web2zone tourney that DA held years ago, where you showcased your sick DK game AND your Hugo game to me. I was in awe then, and I still am now. Your gf still goes to CMSV? Anywayz, don't let the way the tourney was run ruin everything for you. Keep bustin' heads with that DK, and everybody will remember why you were to be feared in the first place.

D1: My buddy, surprised you remembered another smash relic like myself. Good to see you as skilled in the game as you were in Melee. Keep representing us old school smashers like you did back in the day. BROOKLYN!!

I'M BACK, BIATCH!! lol

OMFG YOU GOT YOUR ACC BACK!?!? WTF?!1 You introduced me to Wes. And sent me the invite. I'll def not fail. 25th place is mehish for my first tourney XD.

anyways, how did this erupt to a hate ban mk discussion? haven't we been through this before?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
25: Skip - That's a pretty nice Luigi. Sorry I had to pick G&W and play so gay against you. :/
Na, you played smart. I could've won if I was more defensive. :p besides i rather luigi vs gnw than metaknight vs falcon >.>

Vinnie

Smash Master
I thought I lost my account, but clearly I just forgot to put the space in-between Strata and Razor, and I kept inputting in the wrong tag. Anywayz, I thought I'd be done with this site 7/24/06 (the last time I posted, apparently), but clearly, my heart is still with Smash, and I have people to thank for that. Here are my shoutouts from this tourney (the first tourney shoutout thread I've posted in in 2.5 years lol)

Hippiedude91: My protege, it's all because of you that I got the inspiration to get back into the smash scene. I've said all the things I've wanted to say to you in person and in AIM, so for everybody who still doesn't know, in fair time, they will soon recognize your Mario Bros. game.

Wes: My idol, I totally didn't expect to see you at the first tourney I've been to in 2.5 years. But seeing you there yesterday totally made my day, since you took me all the way back to my Melee years, some of the most memorable years of my life. Watching you do your thing against Problem with Sonic, Samus, ZSS and Snake was truly a sight to behold, a Smash elite through thick and thin. All these kids commenting on you, inciting your wrath don't know all that you put in to make the NYC smash scene as large and as exciting as it was. We seem to be relics of a much brighter age, but in time, I know that you'll put everybody back in their places, and bring NYC brawl to the level that it can be. Truly looking forward to the day.

Dire: My hero, just as much of a surprise seeing you and your skills/color commentary to the tourney yesterday. I knew that you and Wes would bring heat to the team tourneys, but you exceeded my expectations with your Bucket kills. THAT IS HOW DA ROLLS, PEOPLE!! Don't ever sleep on the most dedicated smashers in the community, because all you'll get is some ejaculate in your face from the Bucket O' Doom that you all took lightly. Hangin' with you and Wes yesterday, exchanging philosophies about the smash world, joking about all that was going on, all of it made me wish of days past when we were allowed to be carefree with thoughts like that. Here's to better days ahead for you guys...=)

Bum: My monkey, you are still the same monster with the Prime Primate as the last time I remembered you. You may not remember me, but we chilled at the very first web2zone tourney that DA held years ago, where you showcased your sick DK game AND your Hugo game to me. I was in awe then, and I still am now. Your gf still goes to CMSV? Anywayz, don't let the way the tourney was run ruin everything for you. Keep bustin' heads with that DK, and everybody will remember why you were to be feared in the first place.

D1: My buddy, surprised you remembered another smash relic like myself. Good to see you as skilled in the game as you were in Melee. Keep representing us old school smashers like you did back in the day. BROOKLYN!!

I'M BACK, BIATCH!! lol
ur text color hurts my eyes ._.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
XD I'm not sure which of those matches is worse. I think I'd have gone Kirby against your Falcon though, it's so fun to combo fastfallers/heavies with him.

Thanks, Ether.

doowop

Smash Apprentice
All the smash community does is john. Jesus christ. M2K picks the best characters in each game for a reason - because they have the best chance of winning. It's obviously working because he wins every tournament. Smash games are unbalanced, I know, but complaining about it isn't going to suddenly make it better. M2K knows what he's doing. He wants to win, so he picks the best character for the job and knows how to use him against the others. Deal with it, or go play another game. I'm sick of people *****ing about broken characters. That's how the game is, that's all.
And nobody is unbeatable in any game. Lets just completely ignore the fact that NinjaLink beat M2K so it fits our point. >_> This game sucks, go blog it and quit life.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
M2K picked Metaknight in Brawl because he can do one thing that the other good characters can't.

Attack.

Vinnie

Smash Master
brackets plz -_-

AND FIX MY NAME!!!!!!! ITS JUST PGN!!!!!!!!!!!

cgt
yhriaeorvdutnWAOHR pyv
UIQEHRAUIHEKUGFIAHS
zUGs
del:iHZUTRSaqynyv8qum54v'wafg[8NV]580N]8NV]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
MK in Brawl is better than Marth/Fox in Melee. I agree with Inui in that mistakes matter more in Melee. One mistake in Melee = combo or techchase to edgeuard setup and a lot of damage whereas a mistake in brawl gives your opponent like one hit lol. Its also easier to make mistakes in Melee given that it's faster and more technical.
Are you out of your mind? MK has NOTHING on Fox in Melee. Fox loses to NO ONE and he has soooooo many options for GODLY stage counterpicks. Meta loses to Snake and he has ONE kind of good stage to counterpick.

@Inui - Genesis? I don't plan on entering singles besides that unless I go to PA to visit LK.

Veng

Smash Ace
seriously whats up with M2k WINNING EVERYTHING.

how is his MK so much better then the next persons, i mean brawl takes skill to a certain extent but not winning every single tournament for doubles, singles, melee, brawl when you got tripping and other lucky factors...

Veng

Smash Ace

Are you out of your mind? MK has NOTHING on Fox in Melee. Fox loses to NO ONE and he has soooooo many options for GODLY stage counterpicks. Meta loses to Snake and he has ONE kind of good stage to counterpick.

@Inui - Genesis? I don't plan on entering singles besides that unless I go to PA to visit LK.
trufax

why arent you doin singles at gen?

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
What the hell happened to this thread? Read what the page is called. It is a results thread. This is appalling and the community is is just proving what I said is right about them more and more. Just a joke is what were turning out to be.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
No1 said "gj PGN on getting 13th!" or anything like that ;_;

;_;
its because you dont really talk much XD but congrats on 13th PGN lmaoo

and doom, if i go to viridian, i accept your challenge. (has not played many kirbies but what the heck :])

ADHD

Smash Hero
inui how is it so far off for me to take a game off m2k. I could have at least beaten him twice in the grand finals but I played stupidly at the end and he took advantage of it.

Eaode

Smash Champion

Well I admit I don't know too much about Brawl because I haven't played it competitively for many months.

Although fox is a very good character, with good combo potential and the shine, he also gets a lot of **** on the other end of the spectrum. i.e. he gets combo'd like **** and his recovery is easily edgeguarded/gimped.

You're wrong in saying he has no counters. Falco slightly counters Fox (pretty even on FD though) and Marth counters him. these are solid counters. Peach does good against fox but ultimately he gets that match, same with sheik. I've heard that Snake v MK is dead even, some say its slightly in snake's favor other say it's in MK's. I've also heard Diddy is close(?). MK doesn't have any solid counters, is arguably the best ledge camper in the game, has a beast mode defensive game and is one of the few char.s with a solid offense along with that.

Fox and Marth are tied for Best character in a Top Tier with 4 characters in it. MK has his own tier above snake and two tiers over everyone else lol. I thought it was consensus that MK was the best character by a much more considerable margin.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Props to inui showing me how to do this.

If people wonder about seeding I did not do seeding cause I am absolutely terrible at it. For Melee Scar/Mogwai looked at it and helped and for Brawl Inui/Knightmre did it for the most part. It was seeded fine IMO but once losers came in all the seeding went to S*** because it really messed it up. Then again I nor anyone can control that. Here is the bracket image for brawl singles since thats what ppl wanted.

BTW

IF YOU WANT YOUR NAMED CHANGED IN THE BRACKET OR WOULD LIKE TO TELL ME WHO YOUR MAINS ARE PLEASE PM ME I WILL NOT GO AND READ BACK THROUGH THIS THREAD IT IS ANNOYING XD

kthxbai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom