• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FullMetal presents: Tipped Off 6!!! (October 16th and 17th) RESULTS THREAD UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
you. im interested
Bahah I was gone for the weekend, sorry. Back now, and my history:

Back halfway through 7th grade (late 2004) I met my now best friends because we all played smash, and it was our favorite game. We were those types of noobs that are like "Yeah, I've never lost to anyone!" So we were all good players among noobs, and really wanted to play against each other. By the time we finally got together, one of us found shined blind... the sole reason we got into competitive smash. We loved it, were amazed, and through shined blind we eventually found smashboards (links people were posting, related videos, etc).

From there, long story short, we played by ourselves for years and years (we lived 4 hours away from any tourney, and were like 12-13 years old... parents weren't letting us go anywhere, especially not for a video game). We eventually taught two more people, expanding our community to five, and just kept playing. My main training partner and I watched every single good video in existence online (only a slight exaggeration) to make up for not having people to play, we talked about smash every day without fail, got really technical (cuz, hey, why not?), and then played every weekend for a day.

So from then until C.E.O. in june, we might have gone to maybe 2 tournaments, but they were all two of them were back in 2005-2007 era. Finally we got to go to another tournament in 2010! C.E.O. was a lot of fun, but of course nerves kicked in like crazy, and I played nothing like I normally would... I felt like I had something to prove, which was stupid of me, and really detrimental to my play.

Finally, 3 months later I move to ATL for college, and now I'm going to tournaments on a consistent basis (Finally!!!). I'm still ridiculously inexperienced, and it's amazingly obvious when I play... it also makes it really hard to play well against people who have so much more experience when it comes to the mental aspect. I know they have more experience, so it really messes with me in my mindset before going in.

Yeah... I mean that's the abbreviated version of my smash history; occasionally people visited Savannah to play us, but that was a twice a year occasion maybe. Now I'm just trying to play as many people as I can, and see how much potential I have. I'm not aiming for anywhere but the top :)

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
you don't need to post to subscribe, just go up to thread tools and hit subscribe.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'd subscribe to this too, but it's nearing the event date, so i'd rather just leave my hype in here. I'm still in the position to move, and my mother is awaiting confirmation on the home, which was promised by Friday.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
singles bracket begins at 5 pm sunday....

good luck bro.
Thats the TENTATIVE schedule.
If singles entrants are less than 100 people it definitely won't take that long.

._.
do i have to pay door fee if i'm not entering. i cant pay $30 to just chill lolol
Where do you see 30$ door fee?
Its 15$ and you're good for both days.
Likewise, if you show up on day 2 you still have to pay the full fee.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Notice how Yahuhz hasn't been sayin **** since his punk *** got ***** by richmond...

lol he'll never take a set from me or cyrain and its so cute to see him get so flustered about it

and **** didn't cyrain team with like random richmond trainee and defeat yahuhz and dop on a team???

so much for souf crew

dude cyrain is like yahuhz and lozr put together and then made good

pp im coming for you baby XD

im tryin to take 2nd to hbox at this tourney ^^
Hahahaha I've missed you Tope. Let's battle.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
You guys need to chill out on the posted schedule... what tourney has EVER stuck to its schedule?
Besides those were just times I pulled out of my *** so I could make the first post.
When we wrap up doubles we'll likely start singles/the side events for Eugene and Ryan.

Unless there's a number of people only coming for day 2 that desire to enter singles?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
You guys need to chill out on the posted schedule... what tourney has EVER stuck to its schedule?
Besides those were just times I pulled out of my *** so I could make the first post.
When we wrap up doubles we'll likely start singles/the side events for Eugene and Ryan.

Unless there's a number of people only coming for day 2 that desire to enter singles?
Please start Singles on Saturday if you can....

=/

PB&J

Smash Hero
right after i posted last night i read the op and i wanted to edit my post but i went to sleep, but is there anyway we can start singles pools on sat..i think we would be straight if pools started sat...hbox can u mike..we will be ok i think

Zone

Smash Champion
this time for real lets team. Ganon/Shiek/Zelda
alright lol.

@TO's: If you want I can help let you know when I see a set is done who the winner is. Seeing as how alot of people try to sneak in a few friendlies after their set before reporting.

BunBun

Smash Master
Look, really....
A 123 person tournament can be run in a little over 12 hours for both singles + doubles with 32 setups.

I don't see how we'd really have any problems, even if we started singles on Sunday at noon, they would be done by 7 most likely.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Let me announce pools with mike, ill make sure they all get done
If I find that people aren't listening to me I'll take you up on that offer.
I haven't ever really needed help announcing stuff at my tourneys- I WOULD however like a representative from each state when I do pools to identify people for me so I don't create "infighting" amongst people who traveled together or play all the time.

This does not mean however, that input from others will be "final" on the creation of pools- I'm not relinquishing the authority that comes with my responsibility for running this event.

No tourney is perfect, but I do endeavor to make mine as fair as possible and give the community what I personally believe tournaments should consist of.

Zone

Smash Champion
Jesus lol. almost makes me never want to offer help again.

A simple no thanks we got it *wink* would suffice.

j00t

Smash Champion
You'll have to ask moogle for that

There's at most one spot available, it'll be me moogle Chad and mslano.

I don't know if saintrage is going or not.

EDIT: Tope $5 mm just for that :p

EDIT EDIT: Cheap Peach, you can ride with us. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom