• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I was basically saying Falco has more hitstun with shines than fox, because even a small screw up with waveshines and you can escape. but with falcos pillar there is a lot of available time to Dair Bair ETC due to hitstun.
Ahh, then i completely misunderstood your post, sry

Dragmire

Smash Lord
Ahh, then i completely misunderstood your post, sry
it's ok

What is everyone's opinion on Fox's Fair? I've recently found some good uses to it as the strong part of it has just enough power to lead into a grab on just about anyone and the range is decent.
personally I enjoy shine + Fair into Uthrow Uair it gets **** done but other than that it's kinda useless :(

IrArby

Smash Ace
I use it to double laser and shine>aerial.
Gracias. Double laser has a really particular timing with that so that I end up doing just one laser or a Firefox. (Too late or too early with the B button)

Thanks again.

Next Question: What are the drawbacks to SHNair to UpSmash. I'd think against Space Animals that you can't Waveshine it'd set up for tech chase or a midair grab at low percents. Against someone more floaty, a la Marth, it puts him above you which is a bad position for him.

I don't see people using this and only just saw it last night for the first time so I haven't tested it. I'm guessing its not great since people aren't doing it much though.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
If Marth smash d.i.s away it'll miss and you lose your stock to his grab.

Then again, all the good Marths will be smart enough to CC your nair and grab you anyways, so its a lose/lose situation.

Just drill instead, it leads to everything you need: grab, usmash

IrArby

Smash Ace
Thanks. I figured it wasn't so great just wanted to know why.

One more annoying question for SW and I'll keep the rest to myself for a week. Scouts honor.

If you use the ControlStickFlick method for SHDL do you use it for RSHDL as well? I don't know exactly how you do it but when I flick it to jump I completely let go of the stick afterwards so I'd think that letting go than grabbing the stick again to turn you around would be overly complicated. My idea of complicated on yours are obviously not the same though.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Thanks. I figured it wasn't so great just wanted to know why.

One more annoying question for SW and I'll keep the rest to myself for a week. Scouts honor.

If you use the ControlStickFlick method for SHDL do you use it for RSHDL as well?
Yes, well I used to until my control got broke XP

All you have to do is dash towards any direcion then flick the Control Stick in the opposite upper direction, like 45 degrees to up left or right (depends on the direcion your facing) and get used to it. But you get the sexiest rshdl by using the x/y slide thumb method

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hey guys I found out that falco's fair can hit people on platforms of p.stadium. I personally found it somehow useful for combos and tech punishment

Oskurito

Smash Lord
are we 100% sure fox can't ledgehop waveland on dreamland platforms? falco can, BARELY

Actually I didn't even know you could do it on DL xD! (with falco) I just do that on YS and I usually drop laser or aerial after that

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Fox's jump isn't high enough.

Fun fact, you can do it with Fox/Falco on Battlefield and FoD too.

FoD is actually better because you can wavedash backwards off the platform and edge-cancel aerials into an edge-hog. 0_0

takieddine

Smash Master
You can ledgehop wavelandon battlefield with ease(with fox/falco). DL is just too much i think. I havent tried with falco, but it didnt seem like it would work.

GOTM

Smash Champion
You can ledgehop wavelandon battlefield with ease(with fox/falco). DL is just too much i think. I havent tried with falco, but it didnt seem like it would work.
do you mean onto one of the platforms, or just the stage? lol. thats probably a stupid question.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
silent wolf holds his controller like everyone else lol

p.s. falco CAN waveland on the dreamland platforms, its just really hard. im not 100% sure if fox can't, but it seems like he can't do it

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
umm if you get caught in marth's forward b sword dance. are you caught in it is there anything you can do.

am i di-ing wrong? di tips, examples, etc.

nd ummmmm movement trixies anyone? dd/ dash forward, wave dash back gets predictable?

also is there anyway to approach with a u-tilt facing backwards w/o shining first or would it be better to shine first? j/w thanks.

Top Bottom