• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

takieddine

Smash Master
yeah falco's shine is ridiculous sometimes, it can stop drill and nair with the top of it.

Also i've been experimenting with a trick that i just thought of, run, shine turnaround wdback, bair. It looks really sexy.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
yeah falco's shine is ridiculous sometimes, it can stop drill and nair with the top of it.

Also i've been experimenting with a trick that i just thought of, run, shine turnaround wdback, bair. It looks really sexy.
lolol i've thought of that for the longest. but i just deem things too complicated but once i see vids i'd prolly put in work and learn it.:laugh:

Falcinho

Smash Ace
running shine --> jc usmash works well

But against falling PAL-Marths just tech- or standup-chase.

At low %s they often don't tech and you can follow up with a shffl (-->utilt/grab/shine-->...)

takieddine

Smash Master
you could try shine>JC grab, ive made it work against shine fallers like Roy, Falco, and other Foxes. But you have to JC the shine really fast.

edit: scratch that thats to much work for little rewards, just drillgrab uthrow uair, thats still really gay.

IrArby

Smash Ace
So where are all the cool people at?
Sorry, I'm back.

sad lol

Actually, I've been trying to implement SW's techniqe of flicking the control stick up rather than trying to tap "X" to JC shines and its way faster. Within half an hour I was doing those "wet" JC shines where you don't even see the polygon just "shine droplets" or w/e the **** you call em. Not consitently though. Its definetly different and takes some getting used to.

SW, do you usually use the Control Stick Flick (yes I named it just now) to SH normally like when you're approaching with Nair or w/e, or is it just for JCshines? Combonation of both?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I think sw doesn't even do that >_>' He just slides his thumb from Y to B ridiculously fast

Hey, anytips on how to moonwalk really fast?

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
for short-hopping out of the shine, i like to use the x button..i've been trying the y and it works just as well, maybe better, but feels weird to me.

i've got a question though: i recently learned that i can do the whole shffl drill-shines thing that racks up mad damage in an infinite. i can do it when i'm just showing off in the middle of the stage, but when i try and actually put it to practical use, the short hop never comes out, i always end up stuck in the shine. that is, whenever i actually hit anybody with the shine, i can't seem to short-hop out of it, and i've tested this out with just a level 1 cpu and just trying to shine it and then short hop: can't do it. is there something i should know or do i just need to practice it more?

IrArby

Smash Ace
Same question as Oskurito how does one moonwalk really fast?

And I'm almost positive that SW has said multiple times that he uses the ControlStickFlick to JC shines since he's noted for having a very sensitive controller and all that.

Rukki

Smash Rookie
Hey silentwolf I was wondering what do you think the best and most reliable technique is to perform multishines? I can perform up to 3 with fox and 4-5 with falco but the last one always leave them just above the ground? I usually just use Y and B and my pointer and middle fingers respectively.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Who the hell needs multishines anyway ...

shine jc grab is was to underused ...

IrArby

Smash Ace
but to go Farther you've got to do it Faster right? But no matter how fast I do it, it doesn't go much farther or so it seems. I'm pretty sure SW uses the Y to B thumb slide for Multishines.

I agree though JCShine to Grab is underused (thanks DaShizWiz) but that raises another question for me at least. Does Fox's or Falco's Shine have more Shield/Hit Stun?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Do you really think it's easier to escape from a dair-shine-pillar than from waveshines against the shield? (all Falco)

IrArby

Smash Ace
SW, question still stands. Do you use the Control Stick Flick method thing for jumping normally say when approaching with Nairs or do you use it just to JC Shines very quickly.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
What is everyone's opinion on Fox's Fair? I've recently found some good uses to it as the strong part of it has just enough power to lead into a grab on just about anyone and the range is decent.

Top Bottom