• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Jabbing in the middle ruins like every combo ever, even when it works <.<

Also you won't get Nair chains on a competent Falcon, Fox has no strong moves with a horizontal trajectory so down and away DI gets you out immediately

Nair shine still ***** though

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I'm working on it and your right it doesn't work. But adding a jab can send a signal to the opponent to SDI upwards.

Also Nair grab *****.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Jabbing in the middle ruins like every combo ever, even when it works <.<

Also you won't get Nair chains on a competent Falcon, Fox has no strong moves with a horizontal trajectory so down and away DI gets you out immediately

Nair shine still ***** though
You have to learn to soft nair, nair right b4 you land so that you have more time to chase, and learn to fullhop reverse bair (can be auto-canceled). and when u hit the edge if you can a dsmash its just icing on the cake.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I still think the best thing you can really get out of it is usually dash attack ... I just can't really picture it in my head because I can't chain that many Nairs (more than 1) on level 1 CPUs at % where they get knocked down but I can usually get a dash attack

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Coming back to the subject of ledgedashing:
This is something every Fox main should be forced to do... Like, you can just open up training mode, start practicing and then do it. It's way too great of an option to suck at it.
It does take a lot of SD's to be able to do it though :p.
I got 99 stocks, but a fall aint one.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Coming back to the subject of ledgedashing:
This is something every Fox main should be forced to do... Like, you can just open up training mode, start practicing and then do it. It's way too great of an option to suck at it.
It does take a lot of SD's to be able to do it though :p.
I got 99 stocks, but a fall aint one.
The first time i heard about ledgedashing, i practiced it with falco first then it was just natural with fox.

joeplicate

Smash Master
reverse weak bair is so bomb

it chains into upsmash on jigglypuff on like any kill %
and if they DI up then you up air

btw what'd i miss in here? same old?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So I beat kels in a best of 3 yesterday.... Game 1 he went falco and i 2 stocked him. Game 2 he picked stadium and fox. I won, last stock last hit.

mers

Smash Ace
Question that I forgot the answer to:

On a sleeping Jiggs, which has more knockback: laser to last-second usmash, or laser until perfectly timed fully charged usmash just as she wakes up?

I'm guessing more lasers, but I'm not sure. It's definitely easier to judge though.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Good **** Sveet

I got 5th at HOPE yesterday, which was pretty tight. The bracket was sketchy maybe, but I'm still pretty happy about it.

Redd carried me in teams to 2nd. Redd can be so good sometimes.

and now for something completely different

So my friend thinks that Mushroom Kingdom II would be an amazing counterpick for Marth. My intuition tells me that Fox probably beats Marth there anyway, or at least, it wouldnt be so bad for Fox.

Any suggestions for stage-specific strategies/tricks? Assuming ledgedashing, etc. The main issue of course is when he's in the middle and I'm on the sides.

Ideas so far:

-catch birdo eggs and use them to approach
-dash dance around on the side, faking approaches etc., then eventually just run off as fast as possible and fastfall onto the middle platform edge, then ledgedash on to etc.
-hang on the side edge, then drop down low and walljump back and forth until you can sweetspot grab the middle platform edge with invincibility. Does this even work? Does anyone know how walljump invincibility works? (STRONG BAD)
-shield drop off the magic carpet thingy? (lol, I can't shield drop, but would this be good in theory?)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hmm, i dunno.. as long as the marth never gets down i think he has teh advantage. if you're down you won't be able to catch fox with so many places to refresh invuln

JPOBS

Smash Hero

On a sleeping Jiggs, which has more knockback: laser to last-second usmash, or laser until perfectly timed fully charged usmash just as she wakes up?

I'm guessing more lasers, but I'm not sure. It's definitely easier to judge though.
I think a charged upsmash after some lasers is better than more lasers+uncharged smash.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I still think the best thing you can really get out of it is usually dash attack ... I just can't really picture it in my head because I can't chain that many Nairs (more than 1) on level 1 CPUs at % where they get knocked down but I can usually get a dash attack
Just try it out. and if you cant do it on lvl1s try it on lvl 4s. They survival DI a lil better.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Depends on %. At later percents you'll want to do more lasers. If it's going to borderline kill her, do 2 or 3 lasers and then fully charged.
Fully charged UpSmash is broken. Does like 24 damage

PK Webb

Smash Champion
dam son every1 steppin up lol i beat G$ and almost beat nintendude(i.c. that almost beat jman 2x) glad to see fooxes getting better keep it up guys

Brookman

Smash Hero
I don't think webb is trying to brag, if that's what you're trying to say here. I just say congrats.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Every day? ****. I thought practicing a few times a month was ****ing amazing as far as my preparation for Genesis goes. I need to step it up x_x

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hahahaha
A few times a month smashfests with Tope and the rest of Richmond is probably way better than practicing in your room every day :(

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I actually almost NEVER practice with Tope, sadly. =/ Mostly just Savedge, Chillin and Azen...But yea, to be fair, when we practice, we PRACTICE. Lol. When they come down on Sundays, we pull 12+ hour smashfests haha. Even so...Maybe a little tech skill practice every day wouldn't hurt. I'm breaking in a new controller for Genesis 2 and my tech has just reached a new level. Really gotta polish that **** up in the next 2 weeks x_x

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I'm breaking in a new controller for Genesis 2 and my tech has just reached a new level. Really gotta polish that **** up in the next 2 weeks x_x
Is the new controller your breaking in by any chance the white genuine one?

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Yes sir. Sadly, the R button on it sticks on occasion. Makes me wanna cry.

Also, yes I will probably be going all Fox at Genesis. There are a feewww situations where I might bust out my Falco if I'm feeling confident, but we'll have to see. After Genesis, I'm planning to get back to Falco, but after choking against Jman at Zenith I figured it'd be a bad idea to fly all the way out to Cali and use Falco and possibly get *****. =/

Top Bottom