• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Dash dance> Jc grab. You can bait players by empty jumping in place or dash dancing > JC grab.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm also waiting for ledgetech instant illusion to become standard for Fox recovery
Unfortunately it's pretty hard to implement because you have to remember to do it appropriately and I'm too used to habitually walltechjumpFirefox even when I do remember that walltech side-b is like almost strictly better
People don't do this? i've been doing this since like 08. Its pretty good lol

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
im mad good at doing it against falco's dair... other things i never learned the timing for well enough :\

I was unaware that it produced extra lag when it was done perfectly from below. I thought that you were considered grounded as the shine comes out. (I do know that the invisible shine from dj on ys top platform has a hitbox tho)

I thought that foxs shine only had no hitbox in pseudo invisible mode, where it doesnt come out until frame 4 and if you were to take into account jumping forwards and backwards as well as straight up(and possibly using your dj), then you should be able to get solid shine lands on any platform.(maybe not perfect but jc shine equivalent)
true, it doesnt have the hitbox in pseudo mode. if you were to land right on a platform it always does the pseudo one tho (from double jump, and the full jump locations are too specific to be used in a match) aside from certain spots, yoshis top platform being one of them. so i guess you could do the shine -> grab there. i can say this tho, i know it is possible to get the pseudo shine land with double jump just about anywhere so you could do that shine and and just grab out of it really fast, which would be much faster than a waveland because there wouldnt be any landing lag.

moving forward and backwards has no effect on your jump height, if thats what you were suggesting.

and with a JC shine there are like 3 frames of falling lag when you hit a shield, which if u planned on grabbing afterwards or wanted to get an upthrow upair on something like a DL platform-jc shine-grab it still faster than shine WLing into a grab. And since its primarily done on shields, a shine grab is generally a legitimately good option, and def unexpected in that situation. You can also multishine as you suggested.
whats DL? yeah i know, i was talking in terms of full jump then.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I did two hit Fair -> upsmash on a sleeping Jiggs when I had no other options because I spawned on the opposite platform on Battlefield

Is that close enough for you?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Played Hbox a ton with Fox yesterday, and I don't see how you guys do it consistently for a whole tournament. <.< I mean we played non stop but guhhhhhh so tiring.

I lost the seriously set we did(he quit approaching me entirely and I didn't shoot him for some reason <.<) but I was ****** when I was on in our friendlies(3 stock and he quit out early on some but he won quite a few when I was off).

I have a few observations though if anyone cares or wants to talk to me about it.

Shield pressuring puff is mad tough when she can WD OOS after your shine and your aerials can't hit her. I guess I suggest shine grabbing or double shine/shine upsmashing but none of them lead to as much as aerials(particularly nair).

FH Nair if Puff is trying to retreat tends to work well sparingly. Plus, it sets up well for upsmash or whatever since it's a weak Nair which is awesome in this matchup.

Changing up your timing on your approaches and such is great because Puff tends to retreat or has a safe retreat from everything so you have coaxing to do sometimes(either patience or lasers).

If Puff Nairs and comes in from high up then Upsmash trades with it always. Super sick way to kill. Got so many that way.

If Puff FH Bairs then you can get under her and upsmash but it's tight timing.

Dair is cool to use in combos especially after popping her up with Nair. Makes Puff shield and you can grab and uthrow uair before she knows what's going on sometimes.

Empty hops and delayed DJs ****. Particularly to Bair...particularly while edgeguarding.

Not sure if this is helpful but I hope so! =)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea, otto, I meant DL. And I wasnt suggesting forward or backwards effecting jump height, I was thinking about how the flips change body position and could change the timing required to shine land. Ive always felt the timing when jumping forward was different than jumping straight up with a fullhop.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah one time I just hit his shield and it didn't poke and I was =(

then I tried it again later and WD'd out and Fsmash'd me.

I decided only Chillin could do it or that I couldn't do it LMAO.

He WDs OOS a ton during pressure because Jiggz' little crouch animation saves her from a lot during that too so it's a pain lol.

chillindude829

Smash Master
word, i need to practice vs hbox specifically, theres so few good jiggs players out there other than him

WDing out of shield and punishing w/ jiggs is something i dont see nearly enough

i dont think i have a very good chance vs him in tourney as it stands

Brookman

Smash Hero
I think you've got the raw skills chillin, on top of the fact that your not a fox automaton you may just be able to pull something out of your *** vs. hbox. It might help to watch how/what he does vs. other fox players. You know, just to be prepared for any inevitability.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think a lot of the Jiggz matchup is just reading so just look for jump patterns and how he weaves and that'll get you pretty far as long as you don't get too impatient or too laid back.

You making it to Genesis btw Chillin?

Yea, otto, I meant DL. And I wasnt suggesting forward or backwards effecting jump height, I was thinking about how the flips change body position and could change the timing required to shine land. Ive always felt the timing when jumping forward was different than jumping straight up with a fullhop.
oh word. yeah im sure backwards jumps have an effect in some places, seeing as how falcos short hop shine land can be done from his backwards sh and not his regular one.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I think you've got the raw skills chillin, on top of the fact that your not a fox automaton you may just be able to pull something out of your *** vs. hbox. It might help to watch how/what he does vs. other fox players. You know, just to be prepared for any inevitability.
I don't think you have any idea how bad he is versus Jiggs hahahahaha. He's a beast otherwise though.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
man smashboards was at the bottom of my interests for awhile now lately, dunno why D:

but uhhmmm, genesis is soon so im anxious.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I found a useful combo vs falcon at mid percents besides juggling. Nair>jab>Nair>Nair> shinespike.

Top Bottom