• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
unknown522 posting: forgot to log out

I don't think we've ever covered Fox vs. Mario/Doc now that I think about it.

Waveshine->grab is the only thing that works indefinitely on those two. Uthrow->uair is escapable at any percent. They can DJ out of it even at 0.
if they jump out of up throw -> up air, then either:

1. Wait for the jump......then what can they do?
2. Over shoot the jump, and they will still get hit, and now they have no double jump.

Also, CC Grab doesn't work. His moves have too much hit stun, and their grab is too slow, so the shine beats it guaranteed.

sheik's up/f-tilt does that too. Or she can just jump out of the way lol

Brookman

Smash Hero
I like to just bait the nair, then fast fall and either charge up smash or short hop up air. Drill Shine Wave Smash (up) is the most reliable way to kill the marios (as well as half the other cast, mirite?) Unless you're goot at edge guarding them (its not too hard, down smash is solid.). Try to scare them into using their up b early and forcing them onto the stage.

**** like that.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
does sh uair outprioritize nair? i thought it traded hits. im prolly just spacing it wrong tho lol

another cool thing you can do out of uthrow on chars where uthrow uair wont work is to sort of overspace a bair (fulljump, double jump and do bair at the same time so you cover a big area with the bair). If you do it right you can hit them even if they jumped away, didn't jump away, or nair'd (fox's bair beats nair almost everytime, especially if you come from behind)

sometimes they'll be able to jump out of range anyway, depends on the char and %. Usually not tho, i've even gotten this to work against samus (bair beats bombs aswell, btw). This should work on mario at low % atleast, his double jump is slow and he doesn't have that much time to jump away

it doesn't lead anywhere but it covers every option they have out of uthrow (except airdodge?...) which is cool

unknown522

Some guy
it might trade if you're lucky, normally it out prioritizes mario most of the time regardless of spacing. The matchup is ridiculously hard for mario (no anti-pressure, no priority, no range, can't grab).

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Question about ledge hopping to waveland on the stage...

I want to make it so that as soon as I let go of the ledge, and I immediately jump, I can waveland.
However with Fox (and also Mario), it actually looks like I'm triangle jumping onto the stage. The only way I can make a "smooth" waveland on the stage is to let go of the edge and jump at a lower height so that the peak of my jump is slightly higher than the stage and then waveland onto it. However, this is more easy to see coming.

Am I just not air dodging into the ground fast enough after I let go of the edge?

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
idk how it happened but i was playing fox because my friend wanted fox practice and i had a light shield on when i wasn't pressing any buttons. i thought it was my controller but then i went over another persons house and he was lpaying fox(different controller) and his fox did it to. is this a glitch?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
you can do it on dreamland. it's very good also.
It's not that hard if you do it like I do:
1. Press down far enough to fall from the edge, but not far enough to fast fall. Yes this is possible and it takes some precision, but after a little bit of practice it gets easy
2. jump ASAP, and I really do mean ASAP. Try to do it to early at first.
3. waveland on the platform

Most people cant do it b/c they fast fall so the window for jumping becomes very small. or because they press away so they need to neutralize the stick before they jump (otherwise they jump away). but if you do it like i said it becomes much easier

Tero.

Smash Champion
you can do it on dreamland. it's very good also.
It's not that hard if you do it like I do:
1. Press down far enough to fall from the edge, but not far enough to fast fall. Yes this is possible and it takes some precision, but after a little bit of practice it gets easy
2. jump ASAP, and I really do mean ASAP. Try to do it to early at first.
3. waveland on the platform

Most people cant do it b/c they fast fall so the window for jumping becomes very small. or because they press away so they need to neutralize the stick before they jump (otherwise they jump away). but if you do it like i said it becomes much easier
You could also just press away on the c-stick ...

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
It works on Battlefield and FoD too. This trick can be basically used on all neutrals except Poke Stadium and FD for obvious reasons.

But on pokemon you can just ledge-hop illusion and edge-cancel it off the platforms so meh. :D

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
It works on Battlefield and FoD too. This trick can be basically used on all neutrals except Poke Stadium and FD for obvious reasons.

But on pokemon you can just ledge-hop illusion and edge-cancel it off the platforms so meh. :D
Could you explain further? Wouldn't you have to shorten your illusion to edge-cancel it?

L__

Smash Master
You ledgehop away from the stage, and when you are level with the platform, just illusion.

Top Bottom