• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
oh pls great Gaynex or Loveage or someone else who knows some %ages, make a "how-to-shinebair"-thread.

I swear, more than 50% of the last 50 pages were about shinebairs >_>

@RaynEX: You're my hero, yesterday i realised i need to learn how to play Fox vs Marth and today i wanted to look for some actual vids on youtube =D
The shine bair thread would look like:

Jump out of shine and do bair.

/endthread

The Marth I faced in those recent videos is good. CCs my jabs, CCs my nairs and bairs. He doesn't have much of a combo game, but his CC game and shield game are really good. I got wrecked on FD though. Notice how I wasn't playing defensively at all. He has waiting for me to either attempt a dair or come charging at him. I must have not been thinking because I kept running at him mindlessly. Thats what happens when you run at Marth on FD. You get *****. But on the platform stages I had alot of room to WD around and bait his grabs and get easy openings.

Shine the opponent (the TOP of the shine)
Doesn't have to be the top of the shine if they d.i. into it. lol

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman

/endthread

The Marth I faced in those recent videos is good. CCs my jabs, CCs my nairs and bairs. He doesn't have much of a combo game, but his CC game and shield game are really good. I got wrecked on FD though. Notice how I wasn't playing defensively at all. He has waiting for me to either attempt a dair or come charging at him. I must have not been thinking because I kept running at him mindlessly. Thats what happens when you run at Marth on FD. You get *****. But on the platform stages I had alot of room to WD around and bait his grabs and get easy openings.

As you can probably tell I'm decent at the theorycraft of smash but I don't have much experience. >_>

Lovage

Smash Hero

pretty much it...lol

how to shine bair:
u shine
then u bair

lol why cant people understand it

Lovage

Smash Hero
also using shine turnaround bair is a good way to punish your opponent's survival DI
its very easy when they DI up, towards or up/towards

its hella fun, dont try it in tourny unless ur comfortable

Falcinho

Smash Ace
lol, you could also write down some chars/%ages where it stilll combos with good DI.

And how to space the shine

and stuff

pound 3

Also: How do you CC grab?
press down --> let go--> Z
press down-->R/L+A
press down-->JC grab

?

I usually grab with Z, but when i CC then release the control stick and press Z i lightshield =(

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol, you could also write down some chars/%ages where it stilll combos with good DI.

And how to space the shine

and stuff

pound 3

Also: How do you CC grab?
press down --> let go--> Z
press down-->R/L+A
press down-->JC grab

?

I usually grab with Z, but when i CC then release the control stick and press Z i lightshield =(
JC grabbing is only for when you're running. When you CC you aren't moving so you already get your standing grab. Z is unreliable because if you mistime it even slightly you lightshield.

CC -> shield grab is the best option. Easiest to time, and even if you miss you can block sometimes.

CC usmash /dtilt is better though.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
is there ever a time where a cc grab would be a better choice, if not i'm not gonna bother with it. even though it's like..easyish
If usmash won't kill, then go for the grab...thats what I do.

If Sheik ftilt/jabs you can grab because most Sheiks mis-space ftilts. against her dtilt and fair use CC usmash or CC dtilt because they usually try to poke you with those moves.

Against Marth's fair/nair use dtilt because they usually auto-cancel after they hit you and usmash/grab is too slow.

Basically, if they mis-space use grab, if usmash will kill use that instead. Dtilt if they poke you with spaced tilts and aerials.

CC shine is good too if you want to be fancy.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
JC grabbing is only for when you're running. When you CC you aren't moving so you already get your standing grab. Z is unreliable because if you mistime it even slightly you lightshield.

CC -> shield grab is the best option. Easiest to time, and even if you miss you can block sometimes.

CC usmash /dtilt is better though.
Yeah, i know, but if i do CC+JC grab i can still use Z to grab without lightshielding everytime.
However, i'll better just get used to shieldgrab there.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
down and away is dangerous sometimes. It gives Falcon an easy utilt/hog->bair edge-guard. I think neutral still gets you knee'd. The hitstun from dthrow is pretty long.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
if you d.i. away and stall shine, they usually double jump back on the stage after they see your d.i. So now you're way out, not close to the stage, and Falcon has the edge.

Its over with proper edge-guarding. What I do is survival d.i. up and towards, and try to force the reverse knee. Then walljump tech -> shinespike. lmao

L__

Smash Master
Example:

Falcon Forward Throws -> Knee off the stage.

Go see Silence, by Silent Spectre as an example.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
haven't you seen SS's combo vid, Silence? Dropzone is dthrow -> knee off platforms and stage edges.

I practice ledge-wavedash ALOT. My advice is treat the ledge-wavedash like a normal wavedash. Just tap down first and quickly make your control stick almost horizontal with the stage. Beyond that its almost the same. Fox's jump is so fast it feels almost the same.

Perfect is when you ledge-wavedash without the sound of his airdodge being audible. My consistency with that is like 75%.

If you end up suiciding alot you aren't holding the control stick horizontally enough or you pressed hit airdodge way too early.

Top Bottom