• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I am aware of how the results go but you're not seriously going to tell me that West vs Mango is higher quality Falco Fox than you and Mango >_>

The layers of strategy & spacing are so much more pronounced and there are all these cool subtleties.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I was gonna write some random stuff about Fox vs Falco but then KK said everything forever. o_O

Edit: Also <33

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I've found success with running shield->shine OoS on ledgehop double laser falco stuff...
But my falco friend does them ****ty and predictably so it might not actually work that well...

Nvm unknown ninja'd me <_<

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Mango looks like he changed up quite a few things with his Fox, really interested to see it against Armada again or maybe PP or M2K (though for those two he'll probably stay Falco unless its friendlies).

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Orange is the best (on Fox and SWF names).

Or whatever this awkward color is. Kinda like a pumpkin orange sorta thing.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
edit: I'm going to be more active for a while because this game has become a lot more fun recently. Mostly because of Weon, Unknown, Europhoria, and Jethrotex. Toronto smash feels more homely lately.
hell yea

coffee and I looking to level up quickly

edit: wtf i lost my double roy icon, so lame

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Random combo on Peach

At around 10% waveshine uptilt uair uair uair on Battlefield
If Peach DIs to the middle the first Uair will put her right above the top platform, the second Uair will launch her high, and the last Uair will kill

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
After the first Uair you can probably space it so you only hit with the 2nd hit
Just saying homie
:lick:

I was just throwing out a combo idea xD

Man I'm super hyped for Big House

voorhese

Smash Master
I may have posted about this b4, but recently I have been experimenting with boost grabbing people off of the ground. I believe non jc/standing grabs have a lower hitbox, and I have been able to lane boost
grabs out of waveshines on fox/falco pretty consistently now. It may not be SUPER good or anything, but I think it is a nice mixup to deal with people who know how to smash DI out of jab resets =)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
All mockery aside, decent floaty players often do have decent consistency at SDIing uairs after u-throw. But I find they're bad at SDIing stray ones. I think it has to do with how the alignment between Fox and <floaty> is different after u-throw than it is after lower launchers (Fox's uair is meatier, which means escaping it probably requires an SDI to the side rather than up in a lot of positions) and they're also probably more familiar with the u-throw's SDI timing window because that's what gets drilled into their head.

Regarding Wenbo's thing specifically... I don't see a drawback with going for that kind of thing instead of a more typical shine combo (since u-tilt > aerial can probably work even if you don't get the specific punish you wanted) as long as the Peach will be knocked over by the shine > u-tilt if she attempts to crouch on it. But I like u-tilt stuff in general so maybe I'm biased.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah, people suck at this game. one of the guys i'm teaching already smash DI's more than 1/3 upairs and we really only drilled for a few minutes. I swear some people have never sat down and tried to learn it.

stray upairs are harder to deal with cause you worry they might be bairs

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I may have posted about this b4, but recently I have been experimenting with boost grabbing people off of the ground. I believe non jc/standing grabs have a lower hitbox, and I have been able to lane boost
grabs out of waveshines on fox/falco pretty consistently now. It may not be SUPER good or anything, but I think it is a nice mixup to deal with people who know how to smash DI out of jab resets =)
Inferno Omni was doing this back in late 2007 but it never caught on for whatever reason.

Bones0

Smash Legend
What advantage does boost grabbing have over JCing? I don't get how a lower hitbox helps, and I don't even know what lane boosting is... I also have never had any issues grabbing people out of waveshines.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
As in ... instead of thunders combo you just boost/dash grab them

We're talking about characters that fall over from shine

Top Bottom