• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It just occurred to me that jumping out of shield for an aerial, and jump cancelling a shield for an up-smash/ up B are two different mechanics. So...never mind, then.

I'm not sure if they "put" JC grabs into the game. Maybe it's just an unexpected result of the way the game works.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I hate these comments about dk or captain falcon, I want to talk about fox, I don't give a **** about any other character.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Sure, if that's what you want to call jumping out of shield xD

edit: this discussion makes me wonder, why did they decide to make jc grabs? jc usmash/up B seems like a necessity because of tap jump, but the game works fine without jc grab afaik. Did they really feel like adding a feature that let a player add an extra input to the action in return for (for most characters) a better grab out of dash?

edit2: I guess boost grabbing is an even stranger design choice
i wonder about things like that sometime. the best explanation ive come up with is that they wanted the game to feel random to casual players for maximum silliness, and as part of that they added lots of counterintuitive weirdness. if you're not paying close attention, a lot of the games mechanics would come up very rarely and be hard to reproduce, adding to that random feeling.

crush

Smash Master
i wonder about things like that sometime. the best explanation ive come up with is that they wanted the game to feel random to casual players for maximum silliness, and as part of that they added lots of counterintuitive weirdness. if you're not paying close attention, a lot of the games mechanics would come up very rarely and be hard to reproduce, adding to that random feeling.
How much did they pay us for teams? You only gave me six dollars and they said we got $16.50 :/

:phone:

Anand

Smash Journeyman
edit2: I guess boost grabbing is an even stranger design choice
I was under the impression you could boost grab as a side effect of letting people grab with A+R without having to be frame perfect. This is similar to being able to air dodge > grapple with Link/Samus (and the Up-B/usmash example you gave).

P.S. I think I was in your Analysis II class. xD

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Neat, I didn't even know you could press A and then R to grab. I was doing my boost grabs with A + Z. That makes sense then.

and haha, really? Wow... sorry, I don't know anyone in my classes usually >__>

You interested in smashing? There's a couple people at UMCP who are pretty active.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
How much did they pay us for teams? You only gave me six dollars and they said we got $16.50 :/

um what? if i only gave you six im in error, but they gave me 15 and i (thought i) gave you 8 and kept 7. unless i miscounted really badly.

in either case if you want the extra couple bucks just remind me next time i see you.

crush

Smash Master
um what? if i only gave you six im in error, but they gave me 15 and i (thought i) gave you 8 and kept 7. unless i miscounted really badly.

in either case if you want the extra couple bucks just remind me next time i see you.
Me:so we got 6 dollars each? How much was entry fee?
you:5 dollars
Me:so we made one dollar!

idk why you didn't notice when we had that conversation that occured right after you handed me the money...

also yeah I want my money

and Shawn#'s still owes us $1.50

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Me:so we got 6 dollars each? How much was entry fee?
you:5 dollars
Me:so we made one dollar!

idk why you didn't notice when we had that conversation that occured right after you handed me the money...

also yeah I want my money

and Shawn#'s still owes us $1.50
did i really say that? haha oh man im sorry. i was really tired :(

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

leffen

Smash Champion
Won my first tournament with Fox without dropping a single game (Armada wasnt there) but unfortunately it didnt get recorded (had waveshine oos on 100% consistency etc) but I did record some mediocre friendlies with Hack that people (hopefully) can critique... yay.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Apparently either Fox is truly a better character or the people he played against suck more vs Fox than Falco.. or he improved better than them.. etc. idk.. =P

leffen

Smash Champion
1. Fox is better.
2. My Fox is already better.
3. Hack's marth is worse vs Fox but he went Fox most of the time (his marth got ***** so he swapped)
4. Armada's gonna get it up his *** in the next monthlie

Palpi

Smash Hero
I used to think falco was better, but the more I looked at fox in the past few months, I would tend to agree with you now.

Good luck against armada ;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that's a pretty ambiguous question. you have 28 frames of actionable invincibility when you grab the ledge. ledgedrop takes a frame, dj takes a frame, and then you have 26 frames to murder people.

ShroudedOne: I liked where I did ledgehop drill, shine wavedash full hop over the Fox's obvious attempt to prevent me from ****** Marth then Bair'd the Marth, followed by uthrow usmash on the Fox.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Maybe when you're not so busy murdering people, you could find time to learn how to phrase your statements and questions more effectively?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Checkin on what you guys are talking about. I just like to add on the frame data that unless your m2k (or a tas'ing machine) that things still work due to human error, so maybe it might be worth to continue to pressure a peaches sheild if the player is a little slow performing Oos options . just a thought

murder is not the answer.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
watched vs marth and liked it. i liked the way you moved and stuff. cant give too much crit on friendlies tho

Palpi

Smash Hero
cute fox wenbo...I need to practice more lol

only thing worth mentioning...against falcon, just wait for the tech, you missed a lot of easy tech chases by trying to upsmash or something for the miss tech. you can easily react to every option.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
and haha, really? Wow... sorry, I don't know anyone in my classes usually >__>

You interested in smashing? There's a couple people at UMCP who are pretty active.
Oh, sorry if I was unclear -- I meant in high school (I was class of 2010). I go to college out of state.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Whoa that means you're Magnet? Who are you o_O I didn't know any of our upperclassmen played Melee...

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Top Bottom