• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

JPOBS

Smash Hero
good uses with fox are evident in the Mindgames 1 combo vid near the end when they are listing all the american dreams.

I tried to look it up and link it but the video is "blocked in my country" or some crap so instead I just said the lyrics

Triangle jumping is baddddd.

I assumed it meant shorthopping around someone's shield.
it actually really useful if you know how to use it. you dont ever want to start a short hop or something like that preparing to do one though, you just have to know when to do it when youre in the air.

you can also time it so its like a sloppy waveland so you can dodge and have very little delay.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Yeah. circle jumping has applications.

and all of y'all hatin' on Kaostar's term are just new****. i heard circle jumping way back in the day.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah. circle jumping has applications.

and all of y'all hatin' on Kaostar's term are just new****. i heard circle jumping way back in the day.
I'm only hating on it cuz I've mastered Spiral Jumping, Twin Blade Stormrushing and Chrono Wave Striking so Circle Jumping is rather irrelevant to me.

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
Kind of a newbie question, but what's the best way to DI out of chain uthrows in Fox dittos? I play with a friend and whether I SDI left or right attempting a mixup it just seems way too easy for him to see which way I'm SDI'ing until I end up at a percent too high for him to continue the chain.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Couple things:

-You cannot actually SDI throws (I think there are 2, maybe 3 exceptions in the game) as a general rule
-You can chainthrow in fox dittos on reaction to the opponent's DI, its guaranteed (unless there are platforms)
-The best way to mess them up is to try to neutral DI then after you fly straight up, make slight adjustments to your trajectory forcing him to dash dance/pivot grab/uptilt. While doing this you can shake the control stick to escape the tumbling animation at the fastest possible moment and either mash jump or try to shine out of it.
-Alternatively you can DI off stage for the chainthrow to end, but that is only of debatable effectiveness; it depends how confident you are in being able to recover after getting sent off stage, versus taking the guaranteed damage/hoping they mess up.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Kind of a newbie question, but what's the best way to DI out of chain uthrows in Fox dittos? I play with a friend and whether I SDI left or right attempting a mixup it just seems way too easy for him to see which way I'm SDI'ing until I end up at a percent too high for him to continue the chain.

Slight DI behind, mash down and B.

Eventually, DI'ing left or right will allow them to chain grab for more percent so around 30 just don't DI and mash down b, be ready for up tilt/up smash/nair out of the up throw at this point.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
SDIable throws:
Jigglypuff's fthrow
Falco's uthrow (lasers)
Falco's bthrow (lasers)
Mewtwo's fthrow (shadow balls)

:phone:

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I like what strong Bad said about Falco's uthrows (LASERS) being SDI able.

If they go for a short hop uair after the throw, you can frame trap them with a shine.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i got 7th at my tourney today so i guess thats not bad but i realized i have a luigi problem any advice

chillindude829

Smash Master
fox ***** luigi, just rarely try to do combos or follow up on hits; be patient and counterattack his aerials instead of trying to capitalize, especially when he's above you

Top Bottom