• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
LOL there used to be a Asian girl that used to play brawl in Jamaica. Cant forget that body. Get at me. =)

Saffy

Smash Ace
Lol... this thread.

Lillian (Milktea) is the only girl smash player I actually can stand. The other ones seem to do it for attention or some other sort. But I don't really get along with women, they tend to just randomly hate on me anyways. Men are way better.

Also I am converting to melee most likely. Missouri hates brawl players apparently.
=[

Since I am in this thread, Ironically I wanted to main Fox or Falco... any advice for someone who is starting out (Switching from brawl)? Or is fox even a good choice? Falco seems a little easier in some ways... I have most fun with Luigi but I feel using him more competitively.. he might not be as good as choice.

Thank you :3!

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Get the basic tech skill down first; playing without being able to do what you want and not having control over your character is simply frustrating. Don't overdo it, but make sure you have the technical skill to back up what you're capable of thinking of at this level (starting out melee). Just getting used to the falling speed the different aerial mobility etc is all something that'll just take time. Focus on understanding and getting used to the fact that you're *not* playing brawl anymore. I think adjusting to the game is a more important start than anything beyond basic character specifics.

/thread back on track kinda somewhat...

Palpi

Smash Hero
I agree with Druggedfox. Also, if you like playing luigi, play him if you think he is fun, he is still a decent character. I think it is a good idea to play a space animal, atleast in practice to understand all of the techs, even with no intention of maining one.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Lil ***** :D

Yeah, everything they said. I agree with starting out with Falco. I did the same thing, and eventually just kind of gravitated towards Fox as my tech skill improved. I really think starting out with Falco is a great idea though, whether you want to play Fox or just use Falco forever.

Also, I'm of the opinion that Luigi can compete with top tiers just fine. So if you enjoy Luigi, then stick with Luigi. Or dabble with both Luigi and Falco or something.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Ahh thank you guys, I will try to learn some of the techs! I still have yet to get wavedashing down.. I can do it with a few characters like Ice Climbers and Luigi. It's still not 100%, And I can't really incorporate it into matches naturally. I have to think about it doing it :(.

The only real problem I am having is hit-stun, and the no buffering in melee. I guess that will just take time to get used to?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Roy is a lot better than Kirbs IMHO

My brief period maining Kirby made me realize he's ****ing bad and projectiles that hit through moves are gay

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
up tilt is better for beating aerials because you can ghetto cc while you do it

bair is next because the hitbox above fox's raised foot is huge

edit:

wd back u-smash is incredible if you're positioned for it (esp. at low percents), as is dash dance grab - it's really hard for them to approach with / fast fall an aerial and DI away simultaneously so u-smashes won't usually have good DI if you hit them this way. that enables them to lead to more combos (u-tilt, more u-smash, etc). but that stops being useful after like 40 anyway because then non-DIed u-tilt starts to lead to more because of the softer send. but it's worth noting.

if you can dash dance grab it, though, then that's pretty consistently good and generally recommended (beware of them edgecanceling the u-throw on platform stages, however).

Top Bottom