• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Cyrain

Smash Ace
@Palpi, yea I'll be at Zenith. Look for the tall dude with long hair. Let's play.

Also, Samuses are gay as **** and scare the **** out of me, but luckily you can just run around on platforms and Bair and she can't do anything. ****.

That's my answer to any matchup I don't know how to play which is like 90% of them.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Ok, hey, real quick. How do you punish Sheik's utilt on your shield? Can I shieldgrab that?

And what if she's behind you? Should I just buffer a roll away or some ****? Or is there a good time to shine that OOS?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I find it hard to grab or shine against a spaced tilt. I usually try to CC and punish inbetween hits with sh drill or CC dtilt or jab into something. Dont quote me on this tho.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Vs. sheik's up tilt, it's really hard . . . but if you react well enough/expect the up tilt, you can grab the first hit. Alternatively, try to CC shine vs. the second. Sheik's up tilt has stupid IASA frames.

Ok, hey, real quick. How do you punish Sheik's utilt on your shield? Can I shieldgrab that?

And what if she's behind you? Should I just buffer a roll away or some ****? Or is there a good time to shine that OOS?
you can time a side step so that you dodge her second hit and shine her before she can hit you. or shield grab/shine oos after the first hit. buffering a roll for after the first hit would prob be good too, and more reliable. im not entirely sure if the roll is fast enough to get away but im pretty sure it is

i used to hate fighting samus too but now its one of my favorite match ups lol.

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, you can grab/u-smash/shine oos on the first hit of the u-tilt. You can only shine oos on the second hit (not sure if her jab comes out first though).

you can time a side step so that you dodge her second hit and shine her before she can hit you. or shield grab/shine oos after the first hit. buffering a roll for after the first hit would prob be good too, and more reliable. im not entirely sure if the roll is fast enough to get away but im pretty sure it is
yeah rolling is fine.

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, if my tech skill is bad that day then I do the same.

Or I shine oos, if I'm not confident in getting the grab.

I personally think that sidestep sucks in that situation.

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask this, but I've not been able to find an answer to this question anywhere else. What are standard tournament rules on waveshining? I've heard that it's not allowed form some people, but that it is allowed from others and clarification on that point would be really nice. Thanks!

Vox

(Sorry for interrupting the convo about Sheik punishing)

Lovage

Smash Hero
After playing Tope for 5 million years, I've decided that trying to punish her out of it really isn't worth the risk. I just roll.

LOOOOOOL yeah

i think this is one of those grown-up decisions you can make as a fox main, i do the same thing against **** like ic's blizzard or falcon's gentlemen usually. it's like, yeah you probably can punish it with shine oos or w/e, but you're gonna get hit soooooo much it's not worth it

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ok thank you =). And by the way, is there any good video tutorial/guide to fox's stuff? I know FluxWolf has made some (unfortunately the first one doesn't work in my country =/) but are there any other things of that kind?

Lovage

Smash Hero
i was actually thinking of making one with a voiceover after i saw f-zero's practice tutorial video but couldn't think of many good ideas

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i was actually thinking of making one with a voiceover after i saw f-zero's practice tutorial video but couldn't think of many good ideas
Things that Foxes need to know? Isn't that good enough? If you can get a partner to simulate certain situations that a lot of people have trouble with, that could be cool too. Like the visual of proper spacing and maneuvering around hitboxes and such.

Sangoku

Smash Master
If you would do one I would really appreciate =).

You can do several ones, but the best for me would be some noob stuff like how to edgeguard, basic combos and so on. And how to practice could be good too. Like I saw a fluxwolf vid where he set a level 1 CPU with 1 handicap so he can train shield pressure.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I don't often find myself shielding a Sheik up-tilt, but it's one of those situations that scurrs me because Tope will always just grab me out of it and Topechase me around the level forever. Not worth the stock or the frustration.

unknown522

Some guy
from what I saw, he probably failed it more than he got it, and he only got something out of it once. There's still nothing wrong about going for it though.

Also, I think joe can beat SS if he adds 3 things into his game/combos:

- u-tilt
- dash attack
- re-grab
- n-air at mid percents for a follow-up

I saw a lot of combos end because he did u-smash, where he could've done u-tilts or n-air.

Top Bottom