• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Sinji trolls on purpose and is horribly obvious. The best trolls are the ones done by regular ppl who arent fake alt accounts

battousai555

Smash Ace
Happy 4/20, everyone! Is playing Fox while stoned mad hard for anyone else? I think of creative stuff to try, but can never react quickly enough for any of it to work.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Do you guys chaingrab fox/falco from 0%? I find it hard if they fully DI the throw.
If you're on FD, it honestly doesn't really matter what you do; its very possible to chaingrab fox/falco at 0%, even on full DI, but if you upsmash instead you still get an essentially guaranteed followup through tech chasing.

Zoler

Smash Ace

Also does anyone JC grab with the ctrl stick? I did for the longest time but trying to learn to do it with Y now instead. I'm sure it's better but I'm not sure how much, is it ok to do it with the stick?

Lovage

Smash Hero
oh **** its 4:20 on 4/20 on page 420 on the fox thread.......OH **** fox players!!!!!

Also does anyone JC grab with the ctrl stick? I did for the longest time but trying to learn to do it with Y now instead. I'm sure it's better but I'm not sure how much, is it ok to do it with the stick?

i use up to JC grab and it's fine, but for someone learning i would recommend using Y or X. makes it easier to do some of the harder chaingrabs where you have to dash a little bit and then immediately JC grab. that's harder to do with the stick (also why i suck at chaingrabs/never cared to practice them LOL)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Sinji trolls on purpose and is horribly obvious. The best trolls are the ones done by regular ppl who arent fake alt accounts
i don't think you know what you're talking about..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sinji+fox&aq=f

unless of course you're implying sinji is recording footage and playing tournaments in jamaica just to troll us fox boards.

holy wow lovage i wish you woulda screenshotted the time :(

Zoler

Smash Ace
OH **** XD

trying to learn JC grab with Y now but its so hard lol, used to the stick. I heard u shdl with the stick too (so do I lol) =D

thx for the advice =)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Happy 4/20, everyone! Is playing Fox while stoned mad hard for anyone else? I think of creative stuff to try, but can never react quickly enough for any of it to work.
I can't play Fox regardless but I do like playing Ganon high A LOT. It makes the battle x100 more epic. Ask anyone that played me in that state. lol.

Linguini

Smash Master
What in the.. Linguini Fox?

Edit: Lol nice, backthrow, shine to backair, shine. Classic. =D

Though I think you need to punish with grab a lot more since Fox has a lot of nasty setups after a grab especially in dittos. But I'll let the other Fox mains have their say too.
haha playing ganon was just taking too much effort so I switched to auto-pilot and won

If we've learned anything from my posts the last week or so, you can't get anything productive out of this sort of thing. You're going to have to put the work in for yourself and if you have a lot of success in friendly/practice and then take it to a tournament and still have success AND get matches recorded, then and only then will anyone give a **** about up and b.

In friendly matches tho, I like up and b tho and I **** around with it a lot. Try using it on shields, it gets really funny- just make sure you're airborne alternatively you can take a grounded up b to the edge.

@ linguini: you **** around too much and your opponent lets you get away with it. I know you probably don't plan on playing a serious set as fox but vs. a more talented/offensive opponent that sorta **** doesn't fly. If there's one thing I was able to take from the first fox ditto, your friend likes to go for really hasty reads using grab/up smash and is generally too scared to stay in close quarters* with you. If you play him often, you've trained him well ;D.

p.s. on a scale of 1-10, how easily do you see through his movement/approach? tbh it looks like you don't even give a **** about what he's doing.
Don't understand what you're talking about because you didn't really specify on anything at all in that post lol. Yeah, you guessed right I have trained harriet a lot and I know his style. I don't get the last part of your post either, I probably read his approaches around a 7/8 with fox.

Thanks for the advice unknown.....i'll work on it.

Foxmex

Smash Rookie
About techniques

Hello, I am a fox player that wants to beat a falcos user, my question is if there are any tricks or specials combos to beat the power of falco that sometimes looks imposible for me? Also I am a beginer learning advanced tricks so, I want to know what are the most important tricks to learn with Fox or how can i beging to be as good to beat falco?
:bee:

Brookman

Smash Hero
learn how to grab people. then up throw them.

unless you're at the edge, then back throw them. after back throwing they will be forced to recover to the stage and at this point you can exploit them most efficiently with fox.

learn to jump cancel grabs and up smash. learn to short hop, fast fall, and l-cancel. If you don't know any of these tricks see cunningkitsunes fox guide on the front page of the fox forums. It's literally the best guide on these forums.

Ya, fox has pretty basic bread and butter that should be accessible even for a new player like yourself. you should do fine just learning how to grab and combo out of up throw, how to effectively spam up smash, and importantly, basic edge guarding tricks like edge hogging.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
OH **** XD

trying to learn JC grab with Y now but its so hard lol, used to the stick. I heard u shdl with the stick too (so do I lol) =D

thx for the advice =)
A method you can try is to just do it with UP+Y+Grab

That way you can maintain consistency while getting familiar with the muscle memory of using Y. It was how I learned at least.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Played with Armada and two other guys today, I probably failed more than half of all my grabs. XD

I'll just keep practicing =)

A method you can try is to just do it with UP+Y+Grab

That way you can maintain consistency while getting familiar with the muscle memory of using Y. It was how I learned at least.
That's definitely a problem :p A lot of the times I still did it with the stick. Gonna try this!

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
vem mer var där förutom gustav, du och armada?

sorry att jag var fett sur när ni ringde btw lol. lite skit som hände under dan+armadas dryghet fick mig att flippa. hoppas du inte tog illa upp =)

so yhea fox is cool

joeplicate

Smash Master
Hello, I am a fox player that wants to beat a falcos user, my question is if there are any tricks or specials combos to beat the power of falco that sometimes looks imposible for me? Also I am a beginer learning advanced tricks so, I want to know what are the most important tricks to learn with Fox or how can i beging to be as good to beat falco?
:bee:
i think the best single move someone could start learning how to use against falco is upsmash

learn how to do a running (jump-cancelled) upsmash, and once one connects, do about 2 or 3 more into a full-jumped aerial

i think the stun on upsmash really gives you an idea of the amount of control that fox can have over a match. i remember first starting out with fox, watching mew2king use upsmash, and incorporate it into my game. you get a feeling of complete control and power, especially upsmashing falco, because they're totally helpless.

after you've gotten a taste of this, try to get that same feeling and understanding of match control by branching out to other means. (chaingrabbing, combos, pressure, etc)

but as a single starting point, as fox vs falco, i think upsmash is a good one ^_^

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
LOL whatever Zolar said, he sure seemed happy about it.

Edit: what percentage should i use charged usmash after a uthrow against Falco?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
thats di dependant i believe as long as its not over 90% go for it. it can work after 90 but it depends if they di or not

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
LOL whatever Zolar said, he sure seemed happy about it.

Edit: what percentage should i use charged usmash after a uthrow against Falco?
i mean if he doesnt DI charge usmash ***** at like 70-90ish. after that use uair. if he DI's just like keep doing whatever cause ur fox lol

earla

Smash Lord
what are good situations for using

a) utilt
b) ftilt
c) fair

trying to make use of foxes full move set.

are there any aggressive ways to use side b?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
you get a feeling of complete control and power, especially upsmashing falco, because they're totally helpless.
lmfao

I completely agree with you, but also, I LOVE how you phrased that lol

Yeah, whenever I get a sick uthrow usmash on a spacie, I'm always like, "yeah. I can take this stock. I got this"

Brookman

Smash Hero
what are good situations for using

a) utilt
b) ftilt
c) fair

trying to make use of foxes full move set.

are there any aggressive ways to use side b?
If we've learned anything from my posts the last week or so, you can't get anything productive out of this sort of thing. You're going to have to put the work in for yourself and if you have a lot of success in friendly/practice and then take it to a tournament and still have success AND get matches recorded, then and only then will anyone give a **** about up and b.

In friendly matches tho, I like up and b tho and I **** around with it a lot. Try using it on shields, it gets really funny
just replace up and b with whatever move you feel like. You're gonna have to do the work to learn when any move is appropriate.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
up-tilt is very applicable and has been by several foxes.
ftilt not so much
fair even less so.

voorhese

Smash Master
i like ftilt as a shield poke, and after i waveshine in some cases (dsmash works as a better sideways hit after a waveshine though)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ftilt is a great "plan B" kind of move. use it whenever everything else won't/cant work.

Uptilt is a great "plan A" move. Use it as much as possible. even when another move will work, use uptilt instead.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
mm, i disagree, i think ftilt has it's place, i would definitely not avoid doing it/nor resort to it last.

unless you're referring to onstage only. cause it's an amazing ledgeguard tool.

just replace up and b with whatever move you feel like. You're gonna have to do the work to learn when any move is appropriate.
lol, this is the fox advice thread brookman. we might as well make a sticky in OP saying 'go learn everything yourself'

earla, fox's utilt is ****. try it when attemtping to lengthen combos, or sometimes it can be anti-air. hard to go into detail on utilt..it's just basically usable anytime theyre above you, unless it's like a falcos dair in which you'll probably trade hits.

ftilt ***** for ledgeguarding, esp. against spacies as it puts them below the stage and makes them upB, free shine for you!
it's semi-decent on stage just for a spacing/poking tool, helps if your trying to maintain some pressure on your opponent.
also at high percents you can ftilt people off the stage pretty easily which is a big buff for you

i don't apply fair, but it's definitely..usable, like when your opponent is at a percent where you can't KO them any other way during a combo, so you fair to lengthen the combo only to finish them with a higher percent/ different manner.

Top Bottom