• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Rykard

Smash Ace
i know that the upair thing was popular for a while but it hasn't really ever done much for me. i honestly haven't really thought much about stage positioning after one so thanks for that

JPOBS

Smash Hero
thunders combo is the entire succession of specifically shine>jab>upair>upsmash. that is "thunders combo". shine jab->anything else is just a reset abuse

just saying. but the colloquial of "thunders" has kinda been degenerated into just the shine->jab when thats not actually what it is.

not important but whateva :]

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
today i realized that I don't give a **** about what my opponent can do in response to what I do because I just **** them anyway regardless

Brookman

Smash Hero
Ya, I am usually too busy shining and up smashing the **** out of people to care what their desires are for playing in the game

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
Brookman, Karibola, Smooth Criminal, bolt.

Bolt, we should play more. Just PM me here or on FB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZzPXn9Q8B8&feature=feedu

SFAT is using the JC shine DJ waveland I talked about a few weeks back. I've been tooling with it myself and have been enjoying the results.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Ya, I am usually too busy shining and up smashing the **** out of people to care what their desires are for playing in the game

SFAT is using the JC shine DJ waveland I talked about a few weeks back. I've been tooling with it myself and have been enjoying the results.
Oh i see. J.c shine. Good work team.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Just played in my first tournament as fox

it's so stressful... I dunno if I can deal with this...
I know how you feel. Seems like everyone ***** Fox.

The character himself has a lot of potential, so I kept working on him. This improved my techskill, and helped me understand the game a lot more. Your Luigi is sick too though, so alternate between matchups?

Fox is a high learning curve, but really good.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Just got back from my first tournament since I started maining fox! :)

It really went great, I cannot understand people who says fox is harder in tourney, I did not notice any difference from other characters. I got out of pools (even tho I had a pretty easy pool), which doesn't happen everytime with my former main for 1 year Sheik, so I'm pretty satisfied. :) I also played good vs players like Aniolas who was in my pool, even tho he beat me convincingly, of course! In the bracket I lost to Android (Armadas younger brother) and then AJP_Anton. :p

This character is so much fun really, I just had my best tournament gameplay wise because of him. I love fox! ^^

unknown522

Some guy
What do guys think about the matchup against roy?
I think it's 50/50.
It's at least 7-3.

wrong board sinji..............|
kirby threads are that way \/
haha

what the **** everyone jumpin with the stick nowadays

biters LOL!
lol. Raynex used to originally use the stick, but switched. Colbol uses the stick too I think.

How does Young Link do vs Fox?
8-2 IMO. It's his worst matchup next to Falcon and Falco.

what is the best follow up after a thunders combo?
depends on their percent/where they are on the stage. charged usmash is a good choice but may not combo at low percent. grab is good and standard but only use if you're sure you can get a followup from the grab (stage position.)

short hop Uair is not as good anymore imo because it's usually harder to combo at super low percents and it's pretty likely for them to tech the 2nd hit on the ground.

when the thunders leaves them close to the edge (but not too close) i like to do a really late nair into double shine. they can DI the away from the shines usually but most people won't expect it so it's fun to try.
Yeah, I'm really disliking the u-air nowadays.

I'm just doing my own thing; drill -> u-tilt -> stuff. I already know that it's kinda unreliable because of SDI, but since they are space animals (and not floatier characters) they will never be able to escape anyway. Also, if they DI away from me, then the u-tilt will get the weak hit and they will go straight up. If they DI behind, then I get the strong hit and then they go in front of me anyway.

Just played in my first tournament as fox

it's so stressful... I dunno if I can deal with this...
what happened to dat luigi?

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
what happened to dat luigi?
I started practicing Fox to improve my wavedashing with Luigi (it might sound dumb, but it atually worked). Then at some point I started having a lot more fun playing Fox in friendlies. Having videos to study and an active character discussion board are big pluses too.

Not sure what character(s) I'll end up with 6 months from now.

I know how you feel. Seems like everyone ***** Fox.

The character himself has a lot of potential, so I kept working on him. This improved my techskill, and helped me understand the game a lot more. Your Luigi is sick too though, so alternate between matchups?

Fox is a high learning curve, but really good.
Yeah, my defensive game needs a ton of work. I rarely know what to do when I'm getting hit.

What have you seen of my Luigi btw O.o All the stuff on youtube is of me doing really bad and getting *****, I thought.

joeplicate

Smash Master

i'm watching the first match, and it just looks like he's shining OOS and wavelanding back down.......................................................

probably the best part about it is he hits the shine high, where it covers more options

unknown522

Some guy
I started practicing Fox to improve my wavedashing with Luigi (it might sound dumb, but it atually worked). Then at some point I started having a lot more fun playing Fox in friendlies. Having videos to study and an active character discussion board are big pluses too.

Not sure what character(s) I'll end up with 6 months from now.
word up. Well, I wish you good luck on playing fox. He's mad fun.

Brookman

Smash Hero
i'm watching the first match, and it just looks like he's shining OOS and wavelanding back down.......................................................

probably the best part about it is he hits the shine high, where it covers more options
He's definitely trying to stay grounded, IMO. The point is, he goes airborn in his hsine out of shield and air dodges down rather than double jumping. **** saves way too many frames.

unknown522

Some guy
lol, that marth had a free gimp at the end, but he decides to b-throw instead of d-throw.

also, I love how the tags don't even have their names in it. It was like: Mango, SW, lovage, m2k I think, and another name.

Just got back from my first tournament since I started maining fox! :)

It really went great, I cannot understand people who says fox is harder in tourney, I did not notice any difference from other characters. I got out of pools (even tho I had a pretty easy pool), which doesn't happen everytime with my former main for 1 year Sheik, so I'm pretty satisfied. :) I also played good vs players like Aniolas who was in my pool, even tho he beat me convincingly, of course! In the bracket I lost to Android (Armadas younger brother) and then AJP_Anton. :p

This character is so much fun really, I just had my best tournament gameplay wise because of him. I love fox! ^^
you'll change your mind if you get to a high level.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's not nice Ryan, just because you don't think so. I play freaking Ganon at high level and it's hilarious, no johns with that Fox. I know I'll get crushed if I go off-stage but I chose to accept that weakness.

Edit: Omfg Dark spams his moves like a beast.. geez.. lol.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Yeah, Unknown522 I think so too, it sounds sad. :p

Brookman: lol, Kage should definitely play fox

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I think darks problem is that he doesn't play defensive enough.
Sure, his technical style of play is wicked but he needs to shield more.

Brookman

Smash Hero