• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

you could do drill too. if she DIs behind you just turn around in your waveshine and waveshine her across the other way. if she ends up in front of you, grab, uthrow aerial.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Can't you hold down on the Cstick or something and stay grounded from the utilt until a pretty high percent?

Yeah people don't really do this so it's good, but holding down on the Cstick doesn't really cost Peach anything since it doesn't mess up her DI on other moves.
Not until a pretty high percent, it seems like. I just tested it, and at 40% utilt already sends her up (at the percent where it's no longer a true CC but rather ASDI down) and then it's actually a pretty bad idea for her because it puts her right at that height where you get a fat combo off.

It seems like the best time to go for waveshine utilt uair is right as she passes 60% from a waveshine. If you utilt her then, she's at 70% and uair will kill.

Yeah, waveshine utilt seems really good. I'm gonna start using it.

unknown522

Some guy
woah, I just read the sleep johns stuff.

ROM 3, I was tired as hell and didn't care about the tourney (aside from doubles).

Also, Raynex birthday training session was pretty fun.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Does anyone else feel like their tech skill will plateau for a while then randomly spike up like a lot

Cuz that just happened to me

Does anyone else feel like their tech skill will plateau for a while then randomly spike up like a lot

Cuz that just happened to me
what happens to me is ill practice something and not quite get it, then come back to it later and ill have it down right when i try it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
pokèmon

omg the power

i know the dash is backwards but dude

the frenchies HAVE A KEY for è

A KEY for è È

wtffff

spacies had top whatever because m2k didn't show up to make real kings wear tiaras 5 dgdtj edition starring zhu, lucky, jman

zu-zhu, jman, and lucky are amazing though

is fox making a comeback!!!!!!

i don't know how to make a quesiton mark on this french keyboard

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
I am a ganon main thinking about seconding fox, im workin on my drill shine right now and almost have it, i can wavedash after that but im not close enough to get another shine in. U-smash is in range. Do i have to do a perfect wavedash to wave shine constantly? Or is it highley character dependant.

voorhese

Smash Master
as a former ganon main i will tell you that, at first all i cared about was waveshining, but it only works on a few characters, and only 2 of them u see in tourneys usually, so its not that important, but it is the beginning to solid tech skill (and therefor recommended).

voorhese

Smash Master
its recommended to learn how to do it well, to help u get solid tech in the future, but not to helpful in the actual tourney setting, and im a previous ganon main so i can relate

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I am a ganon main thinking about seconding fox, im workin on my drill shine right now and almost have it, i can wavedash after that but im not close enough to get another shine in. U-smash is in range. Do i have to do a perfect wavedash to wave shine constantly? Or is it highley character dependant.
You can do a shorter wavedash and walk a teeny little bit, that's what I do. And against characters like Sheik, you have to walk a little bit.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Former? aww man what happened?

and alright its getting easier, right now im actually trying to connect my drillshine with wave shine.

What 2 character do you wave shine on in tourney?

voorhese

Smash Master
good, now that i have another techy fox backing up my story im invincible!!!!
yeah basically you have to get a running shine first to get momentum on ur wavedash, then dash into a jc waveshine and then im pretty sure u rinse and repeat, i havent played in a while, been playing SSFIV a lot =)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
There are two ways to land a second shine on Marth:

a) Land the first shine with a running start, and the second shine is an easy combo.

b) Dair -> Shine, long wavedash, initiate run, JC shine (stay on ground), proceed.

The JC waveshines work well but are really hard to do. Eggm has been doing this for a while now. If you can do it, you get free edge pressure against Mario, Doc, Ness, Marth, and ICs.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
sheik, falcon, peach, ganon, doc can all be realiaby waveshined if your good, thats like 5 chars, so its not just "2". And i'd say ganon and doc are common enough to take into consideration.

you should really only waveshine marth if you doesn't afraid of anything, otherwse you might get scraped lol

voorhese

Smash Master
well to be honest because i dont go to majors often, i mainly only see falcon and sheik, sometimes peach...but then again waveshining is also important for thunders so theres fox/falco/etc. added to the list of importance, also as for waveshining marth i am curious, dart told me that when i waveshine to upsmash marth it shouldnt work. i have been doing this consistently for a LONG time, is it really not supposed to work?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well to be honest because i dont go to majors often, i mainly only see falcon and sheik, sometimes peach...but then again waveshining is also important for thunders so theres fox/falco/etc. added to the list of importance, also as for waveshining marth i am curious, dart told me that when i waveshine to upsmash marth it shouldnt work. i have been doing this consistently for a LONG time, is it really not supposed to work?
tru i feel you on the that going to majors tip.

and ya like KFC said, it legit combos if you do the running shine first. maybe it combos vs a regular shine if they DI iin but idk for sure

Tomacawk

Smash Master
dart is wrong. waveshine to usmash is one of my staple kills vs marth. It's guaranteed, unlike uthrow uair, and kills pretty early.

Brookman

Smash Hero
waveshine to up smash works on fox/falco/roy/ and probably all the other characters that fall down. How could it not work on marth?

GOD!

Smash Ace
You can probably get out if you SDI the shine away.
And I'm thinking marths you play don't do that.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I practice with dekuscrub, probably the best marth in the midwest, and he di's every shine away
I still get the usmash but I have to be on point with my ****

GOD!

Smash Ace
DI or SDI?
I don't want to be too picky here, but if it worked with SDI and DI away, then I really wonder why dart would say that and why it hasn't gotten into the metagame yet.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
DI or SDI?
I don't want to be too picky here, but if it worked with SDI and DI away, then I really wonder why dart would say that and why it hasn't gotten into the metagame yet.
even if they sdi and di away, the fox can still do shine -> running usmash, or shine-> running jc grab and get it

di'ing fox's shine has always been a part of marth metagame, for a couple years now. and tbh its not hard at all...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
fox waveshine upsmash has been in the metagame forever lol

upthrow upair just requires less try, and possibly combos into 2-3 followup upairs for massive damage so everyone does that.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
usmash will combo into uairs at certain percents.
imho you don't see waveshine usmash on marth much because fox players are lazy
i do that **** erry time

PB&J

Smash Hero
sometimes i get some waveshine to upsmash on m2k,but he di's out of it alot so i rather grab /pivot grab to be safe..

u just have to watch out for those crouch cancel grabs marth can do to u at low percents

Top Bottom