• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Just u-throw shine u-smash u-throw u-throw nair jab u-throw u-tilt nair shine u-smash.

God you people are so stupid.
ahh. poor peterx.

Also, I just grabbed an opponent Fox off of the ground as Marth.

As in, dthrow -> no tech -> dash grab. Try it, it works. ****ing weird....

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Yo wth do you do against a good samus. I notices alot of things i do dont work well against samus such as up throw u-air or shine spiking is hard to pull or and she is heavy as hell so whats should i do go nair shine crazy???

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
don't nair, instead use dair. she can't CC it.

if you uthrow, it doesn't combo, but you can still punish her.

If she nairs, your uair will beat it (if spaced correctly)
If she bombs you can chase her whichever way she DIs and uair her, but if you uair right away you get hit.
If she jumps, you have to follow her DI and punish.

other than that, pull hit and runs (don't try to combo) and try to cover her recovery options (she has a LOT)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
blizzard is laggy, punish it at the end.

you can reflect it back, but i'm not sure if thats useful lol

Stratford

Smash Champion
ahh. poor peterx.

Also, I just grabbed an opponent Fox off of the ground as Marth.

As in, dthrow -> no tech -> dash grab. Try it, it works. ****ing weird....
omgwtfhax.

I wonder if Sheik can do that bs too. She has hax grabs.

noodles

Smash Champion
If i were to guess id say its during that animation where the character bounces after a missed tech, since theyre hurt box would be higher?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I tried ~15 times at different timings during the bounce. I then proceeded to randomly do it to see if I got lucky.

No cigar.

could someone give me a vid or a gif with the frame by frame (if you're magus )

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Raynex posting:

If you're talking about the Fox one, its in my vid.

I tried it just a minute ago as Marth vs. Fox, and its alot easier with fthrow. Fthrow and JC grab the missed tech. It'll take you awhile but trust me its possible.

edit: I meant I tried it AS Marth vs. Fox.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Raynex posting:

No, I'm pretty sure they don't. Every time I've done it has been on lvl 1 cpus with neutral/away d.i. or humans with away d.i.

From what I've experienced, the timing is really, really strict. There is a certain part of the bounce where you can scoop him up. But grabbing consistently at that precise moment? I get it approximately 2 out of the 10 times I try it.

I know its not that useful, but man this game's physic engine ****s with my head sometimes. Imagine Sheik dthrow, WD back and boost/jc/dash grab covering both the neutral tech and no tech options. :(

that's sounds gross lol

You know how you have to aerial > shine so a spacie can't tech it for a thunders combo or whatever?

Well does uthrow > shine work when you hit them with the top of your shine? Or is it just me bad tech timing?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
people do intentionally tech the shine but nobody is good enough at it where it's like oshojkashdsdhjgd wtf
so basically assume they'll miss the tech, be ready if they don't because they'll almost always tech towards you and from shine momentum they barely roll forwards so if you waveshine jab the jab should catch them then you can shine again or grab or w/e

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that since most people tend to hit L all the way during their SHFFLs, you can count on plenty of accidental techs.

But yes, if they do tech, like Tomacawk said, it's usually in a really stupid direction (read: inwards.) Unless they teched on purpose and know what they're doing, in that case, you're in trouble.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if they're good enough to tech a shine AWAY from you then you probably can't beat them lol
that's some top level ****

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Pretty sure shine is always techable for characters who get knocked down by the shine. Just isn't something people can really do intentionally.

this

people do intentionally tech the shine but nobody is good enough at it where it's like oshojkashdsdhjgd wtf
so basically assume they'll miss the tech, be ready if they don't because they'll almost always tech towards you and from shine momentum they barely roll forwards so if you waveshine jab the jab should catch them then you can shine again or grab or w/e

KirbyKaze techs my uthrow shines almost every time I attempt them in Fox dittos. The random shines here and there are pretty hard to see coming, but the aerial / uthrow shines are really telegraphed.

(and yeah assume they'll miss the tech. Even if they do and you jab, Fox should be able to use his blistering speed to adjust to the situation and do something anyways.)

if they're good enough to tech a shine AWAY from you then you probably can't beat them lol
that's some top level ****
Teching a shine away is actually pretty bad. Most people will be WDing in that direction anyways, trying to land a jab or something - so they're right in front of you for the follow-up. I've seen it happen alot. Teching in place or towards definitely mixes **** up though.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
aerial shine isn't as bad

i just press l basically right after i get hit with an aerial.

Lovage

Smash Hero
run off of the top platform of dreamland onto one of the side platforms. do a non-fastfalled nair and land on the side platform. this is a good way to practice getting the most distance out of your nairs

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Usually I miss the tech like 3/5 times, but I always DI the thunders. Although, against certain foxes, I end up SDI their usmash instead.

aquanesia

Smash Cadet
How many wd's does it take ya'll to get from one side of Fd to the other? I'm trying to figure out how good (or bad) my wavedashes are.
takes me about 6 or a little over.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I can moonwalk across FD and land on the ledge or further in 5 moonwalks, either direction with falcon
get at me

Tomacawk

Smash Master
silly voorhese, old manondorf cannot moonwalk so far
by the way I've been thinking about how to get around marth's counter on mozilla near the ledge
if you DI away from the counter and you aren't a lowish percent, can you get far enough away to dj backwards and side b?
or should you just shine stall and try to get around him?
because I've never even tried to DI AWAY from the counter, I always try to ledge tech it (and have succeeded like three times in my life)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
luke, you lose your jump when you sideb or upb.

your best bet around counter is to just tech it or sweetspot. otherwise youre dead.

Top Bottom