• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Anybody got tips on how to perform dash_shine_turnaround_bair?

I hear you need to use the analogue stick a lot more or some **** like that.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think it's non existent. lol
or he rediscovered how to dash attack cancel grab.
haha

LMAO @ cliff hanger
too good raynex

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
lol.

half of me wanted to reveal this awesome secret. The other half of me wanted to see how much drama/activity I could create over the weekend.

the secret is:

go to 0:39 in the following link. The guys there will tell you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDHSbrPZH4A

Alternatively: pick sheik lulz.
are you TRYING to break everyones wii, thats almost as powerful as the FLAMEDASH

joeplicate

Smash Master
this is gonna be some tales from the crypt **** so bear with me

:39 in that video says
we're gonna go up
and go down

get back up and
turn around

and you point your fingers and do the twist

so I'm thinking
go up is jump
then go down is FAST FALL

STAY WITH ME HERE THIS GETS CREEPY

go back up means that you can do this technicque over and over
you "point your fingers," means your pointer finger
WHAT BUTTON IS IT ON
IT'S ON THE L BUTTON

then you DO THE TWIST
fox's down air is a twist sure nuff
and when you do his twist and point your fingers it's FASTER THAN USUAL when it hits the ground!!!

could this powerful technique be a
short hopped
fast-fallen
finger pointed
DOWN AIR???!

.....YOU BE THE JUDGE

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I did my first triple jc shine recently, im excited. even though its useless how does one practice it ? i just wanna look sexy after i kill somebody and spam jc shines.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
lol I'm serious >_>. I never practiced more than 2 jc shines well because its not that practical or useful but i'll admit it looks so cool i wanna just learn it for the fashion over function points.

Vts

Smash Champion
lol I'm serious >_>. I never practiced more than 2 jc shines well because its not that practical or useful but i'll admit it looks so cool i wanna just learn it for the fashion over function points.
well i use to be able to do 3 now i can barely do 2 all i did was jump cancel shine with my jump and try to guess the timing until you learn the real timing.

my friend nite does double shines on people's shield with falco all the time and jc-shine grabs its pretty crazy haven't really seen many people do it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm learning to appreciate the pretty things fox can do... (shine bairs and shine nairs)
as opposed to the practical things...

edit: wiggles creeping me out.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
PC chris do you still play smash?
on topic: i think everyone practices jc shines lol...
i can't do them really fast like SW and others do tho >.> I have like this pause between every jc shine where i reposition my fingers

edit: a question for this thread:
I've been practicing waveshine->grab on ic's. whenever I do it I'll always grab Nana instead of Popo (since Nana slides a bit behind popo for some reason). Anyone know if it is somehow possible to grab popo instead?
shai hulud you know everything help me out here

soap

Smash Hero
i used to practice jc shines till i realized id never be able to consistently use it. i use shine sh shine jump away in sticky spots

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
Wait, PC Chris, wouldn't triple JC shines be better for shield pressure than a double JC shine? Hm. I don't really have many people to play around me so I could be missing something obvious, but I'm curious.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
In reality if you could jump cancel shines perfectly yes it would be better for shield pressure. I've never seen it used anywhere consistently though that's why it'd be better just to shffl nairs on someones shield or even simply shine and then cancel it with a grab. I think foxes get carried away with trying to be as technical and pretty as possible when all you have to do is either waveshine/drill to grab or waveshine to upsmash. fox is pretty simple at high level play, people just make him seem complicated. I want to learn jc shines simply because i have been playing for 6 years there's a couple things i haven't learned how to do yet so I'd like to add it to my repitoire even though In my opinion it's almost useless, unless it's completely mastered.

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
Oh alright, I see what you mean. Basically, there's much simpler, less technical things you can do. Hah. Awesome, thanks a lot.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
this is gonna be some tales from the crypt **** so bear with me

:39 in that video says
we're gonna go up
and go down

get back up and
turn around

and you point your fingers and do the twist

so I'm thinking
go up is jump
then go down is FAST FALL

STAY WITH ME HERE THIS GETS CREEPY

go back up means that you can do this technicque over and over
you "point your fingers," means your pointer finger
WHAT BUTTON IS IT ON
IT'S ON THE L BUTTON

then you DO THE TWIST
fox's down air is a twist sure nuff
and when you do his twist and point your fingers it's FASTER THAN USUAL when it hits the ground!!!

could this powerful technique be a
short hopped
fast-fallen
finger pointed
DOWN AIR???!

.....YOU BE THE JUDGE

holy **** you figured it out.

>_>

uh oh. Colbol 2.0

PC chris do you still play smash?
on topic: i think everyone practices jc shines lol...
i can't do them really fast like SW and others do tho >.> I have like this pause between every jc shine where i reposition my fingers

edit: a question for this thread:
I've been practicing waveshine->grab on ic's. whenever I do it I'll always grab Nana instead of Popo (since Nana slides a bit behind popo for some reason). Anyone know if it is somehow possible to grab popo instead?
shai hulud you know everything help me out here
Don't even try waveshine->anything vs. ICs unless its a spaced nair or something. If you watch the new Chu vs. Shiz set from the tourny last weekend in Georgia, you'll see that Shiz drillshines -> another shine. Its good to push them off the stage and stuff.

In reality if you could jump cancel shines perfectly yes it would be better for shield pressure. I've never seen it used anywhere consistently though that's why it'd be better just to shffl nairs on someones shield or even simply shine and then cancel it with a grab. I think foxes get carried away with trying to be as technical and pretty as possible when all you have to do is either waveshine/drill to grab or waveshine to upsmash. fox is pretty simple at high level play, people just make him seem complicated. I want to learn jc shines simply because i have been playing for 6 years there's a couple things i haven't learned how to do yet so I'd like to add it to my repitoire even though In my opinion it's almost useless, unless it's completely mastered.

too good.

nair shining is better you're right. Or even just aerial->shine then WDing backwards to avoid grabs and stuff.

also, we should talk more. Your Marth advice helped me alot.

soap

Smash Hero
shine jc grab is hella easy and useful, whats the point of doing 2 shines to grab though? one usually works fine.

JC shine is more useful with falco too correct? cuz his shine has more shieldstun i think. anyway all i do anymore is laser dair shine grab, its like clockwork, just gotta learn the birdy throw game mixups

Tero.

Smash Champion
Man this thread is dead.

HEY GUYS.

I have this secret...its going to change the way we play Fox forever...

again. ;)
You can jump out of the shine ?
Are you serious?
This is awesome!

Top Bottom