• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
If you vote yes, then you're pretty butthurt about losing to MK. What about Ally beating M2K at APEX and Genesis? This game is only a year old and they're gonna ban a character just because he's the best.
-Rei
Lol at this being said at least 20 times. It doesn't influence this discussion at all anymore.

We're getting to the point where everything has been said.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
thats what he gets for being cocky as ****

i mean ****, it's annoying as ****. he's so nerdy he thinks he's being clever by referencing phoenix wright like that. like jesus christ dude. i don't know why everyone rides his **** so much~~~

don't ban mk, he's not broken

for THIS post i love you, no homo, i am actually sigging this qoute

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Don't be ********. I've been here for all 4 threads, and pro-ban has yet to come up with anything close to proof.

Nice try though.
lol
you must like dancing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Inui's an amazing player, but he's a heck of a lot better then you'll almost definitely ever be, even when he was a marth main.

His posts on this topic have also been a lot more substantial then yours on the topic, and that's REALLY what matters here.

Edit: Sure, he's elitist, but at least he has the **** to back it up.
How many times do I have to say that that doesnt make it ok...
Wow wow.. be nice now. Wouldn't you rather be known as someone to look up to instead of an *******?
Kage's going in my sig, for his constant correctness

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Don't be ********. I've been here for all 4 threads, and pro-ban has yet to come up with anything close to proof.

Nice try though.
Again, because you're not reading. It's not ***********, your inability to acknowledge a point that is made that you may not agree with, however, is.

for THIS post i love you, no homo, i am actually sigging this qoute
I get that you're fifteen, but grow the **** up.

RDK

Smash Hero
Again, because you're not reading. It's not ***********, your inability to acknowledge a point that is made that you may not agree with, however, is.

I don't have to read **** to know that it's ****.

If you honestly think any of the pro-ban points are valid, then there's no reason to continue this discussion; it's proof enough that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Kel

Smash Master
DSF "did it wrong", so to speak. I could have told him exactly what to do in each situation and I would have lost horribly. I know how to fight MK; I know the matchup; I know exactly what to do. I can beat MK's based on the fact that THEY haven't spent the same amount of the learning how to fight Peach as I have learning to fight MK.
So what you're saying is that the person that deserved to win won? That's AWFUL! BAN MK ASAP!

We don't need people who know a matchup better than another winning! That's just crazy talk!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

im confused as to how sigging a qoute talking about inui in what i find a hilarious way= immature

also, i think every possible point from pro ban and anti ban side has been made in this thread...

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Actually, you do. You cant sit around and act like people didn't bring up decent points EITHER WAY if you don't actually read it. The **** sort of ******* copout is that?

im confused as to how sigging a qoute talking about inui in what i find a hilarious way= immature
Because you're still butthurt that he called you not even good enough at the only event you're actually good at and it's carrying over to another thread.

Grow. Up.

Allied

Smash Master

If you honestly think any of the pro-ban points are valid, then there's no reason to continue this discussion; it's proof enough that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Ryko does know what hes talking about your just ignorant anti-ban freakshow who trolls this thread too hard

Get over yourself kid Ryko is prolly the most educated smasher on this thread posting right now.

If you dont want to listen fine, then get off the thread this is for DISCUSSION

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Nice try though.
*Grins* What a joke.. then that means you haven't read the OP at all. Through my experience.. MK is definitely not gimpable for one thing because he has a ******** amount of options to recover in which do not conform to the other regular characters in smash now that I think about it. Like all characters have probably a good 2 or 3 sometimes ways to recover when off stage but MK has more than that. And ya almost all his attacks have insane priority and range even. And because of his recovery he can gimp really easily.

Also I know through my posts I said points or counter-points about how MK should or not be banned.. but you know I think it's my own truth and experience while playing some MK players and seeing results/videos. I don't really have a strong stance on about if he should be banned or not but he also definitely has matchup advantage through out the whole cast.. the worst one being only an even matchup. In melee, the best character which is Fox definitely can be gimped and extremely hard to master too but also his matchup chart is not dominant like MK.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
even when he's banned, he still controls you people

hahahaha

well, he'll be back august 3rd so w/e

and apparently getting banned over weak stuff doesn't get you removed from the sbr, thankfully

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually, you do. You cant sit around and act like people didn't bring up decent points EITHER WAY if you don't actually read it. The **** sort of ******* copout is that?

Because you're still butthurt that he called you not even good enough at the only event you're actually good at and it's carrying over to another thread.

Grow. Up.
You're welcome to repost any groundbreaking revelations the pro-ban side has come across that you feel I may have missed, because obviously such a thing happened or else you wouldn't still be whining about it.

If it's that important, bring me up to speed. That, or you don't actually have anything good to say, which I could pretty much tell since you first started posting.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

also, i think every possible point from pro ban and anti ban side has been made in the first thread...
*fixed

cause like... were just out here, dancing.
back and forth, telling each other the same thing.
over and over again.
and when one set of people stop talking, another set of people do.

point is, at this point, you believe what you believe. now all you can do is hope that the SBR (and the TOs, you all know that argument) make the decision that you want is best.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ryko does know what hes talking about your just ignorant anti-ban freakshow who trolls this thread too hard

Get over yourself kid Ryko is prolly the most educated smasher on this thread posting right now.

If you dont want to listen fine, then get off the thread this is for DISCUSSION
My thoughts exactly. Elitism isn't bad as long as you don't let it cloud your judgment. For one to not even bother to ACKNOWLEDGE a point when it is brought up just because of what their own overall view of the case may be is just asinine.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
When will the SBR make their final decision. This will really be exciting if MK got banned. It would really change smash history as the first character to become banned. It would also help me in tourneys. The pro-bans came up with the better arguments but 2/3 is a lot of votes to ban MK. I really doubt MK will be banned but u never know. So u guys can argue all u want but really u wont make any difference except getting yourself into a flame war.

All I can say is "For those about to lurk, I solute you!"

Akashi

Smash Lord

Nice logic there.

Kidding, what the hell is that?

RDK said:
If you think is [p], then you're stupid. If you think [p] isn't , then you're smart. Therefore, all people who think is [p] is invalid

^ doesn't work that way buddy.

P.S: I voted for him not to be banned, but you're definitely not helping our side.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
You're welcome to repost any groundbreaking revelations the pro-ban side has come across that you feel I may have missed, because obviously such a thing happened or else you wouldn't still be whining about it.
I could, or I could just continue to call you out on your spouting bull **** while putting up the pretense that you actually bothered to spend a second reading this thread when you haven't.

Guess which is less effort on my end.

You're full of ****, I couldn't possibly care less to enlighten you.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
Considering the copious amount of **** I give Inui on the forums on a regular basis, I gotta say that this is me acting of my own volition. No one controls the fatty, nobody.
i wasn't really talking about you

you obviously realize that inui is manipulative

the randoms here don't

lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
People who use the Classic Blue style deserve to be shot.

On topic, I have yet to see tournament proof of MK dominance worthy of a ban. In fact, let's take it slow; you don't even have to provide tournament evidence yet. Once you come up with a valid logical basis for why he should be banned, then we'll worry about reality.
Revolution keeps messing up, so I'm on blue for a couple months or until I'm sure it's fixed.

How many times do I have to say that that doesnt make it ok...
That was more directed at what the person I quoted said rather then the overall context.

Sure it doesn't make it ok, but at least having the **** to back it up is a lot better then just being an elitist.

Plus, we all know that he's a troll in reality.

I think he's more referencing to the fact that an explicit criteria has been explained many times over, and rather then fulfilling it, or even commenting on the criteria, it just gets buried, and we rehash it a few hundred more times.

With each side acting like they won.

Aka, standard smashboards operating procedure.

No, pro-ban makes valid points, they just haven't fulfilled the criteria.

*Grins* What a joke.. then that means you haven't read the OP at all. Through my experience.. MK is definitely not gimpable for one thing because he has a ******** amount of options to recover in which do not conform to the other regular characters in smash now that I think about it. Like all characters have probably a good 2 or 3 sometimes ways to recover when off stage but MK has more than that. And ya almost all his attacks have insane priority and range even. And because of his recovery he can gimp really easily.

Also I know through my posts I said points or counter-points about how MK should or not be banned.. but you know I think it's my own truth and experience while playing some MK players and seeing results/videos. I don't really have a strong stance on about if he should be banned or not but he also definitely has matchup advantage through out the whole cast.. the worst one being only an even matchup. In melee, the best character which is Fox definitely can be gimped and extremely hard to master too but also his matchup chart is not dominant like MK.
No, he's just seen it all before, he's been an active participant in all 4 ban threads.

The point he's making is that pro-ban hasn't fulfilled the criteria.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Why don't we let the best palyer in the world vote on wether or not MK should be banned? Ally,
come here please, your stalker needs your assistance. Wait, who does ally use? Snake. I have no clue why people are saying this overcentralizing stuff. I think the only reason that you should ban somebody is if they completely make the game revole around them, completely, every body uses them, and their insanely broken. Mostly the last part. MK is none of those things, so why are people saying ban him? I just honestly don't get it.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Lol at this being said at least 20 times. It doesn't influence this discussion at all anymore.

We're getting to the point where everything has been said.

Everything HAS already been said within the past three threads. Pro-ban is at their weakest at this point evidence wise, and another thread is created. I was shocked when I saw it. I was also rather disappointed with the opening argument. I'll go over it some time later when I feel like looking at it.

On a side note, Pikachus need to step it up. An infinite on every character, a 0-death on every character except Jiggs, chain-grabs of which two or three might as well be 0-death and some of the best movement and recovery options in the game. Most of it absurdly under-used in the current meta-game.

Allied

Smash Master
My thoughts exactly. Elitism isn't bad as long as you don't let it cloud your judgment. For one to not even bother to ACKNOWLEDGE a point when it is brought up just because of what their own overall view of the case may be is just asinine.
I really don't care just if your a know it all why aren't you in the SBR yet
you know?

lol
and if you know theres nothing new being stated

STOP COMING IN HERE

simple as that deez kids come in here to find someone to flame
i'm not going to lie thats what i come in here for because i know everything

i'm amazing like that
So i wait for the kids to come in and be like "Yo you guys should really be worrying about MK's bair"

then i correct them in a polite manner unless they attempt to insult me then i give them the troll posts

i hope i dont get another infraction for this its still related to the discussion XDD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I could, or I could just continue to call you out on your spouting bull **** while putting up the pretense that you actually bothered to spend a second reading this thread when you haven't.

Guess which is less effort on my end.

You're full of ****, I couldn't possibly care less to enlighten you.
Dude, RDK is just extremely logical and has a tendancy to lash out at people he thinks are being illogical (aka, the entire pro-ban crowd). I know this from the debate hall.

He's educated about this topic and been an active participant in all the ban threads.

His assertion is that pro-ban hasn't fulfilled the ban criteria and regardless of individual points, the side is being illogical.

Honestly, his issue is that he's painting pro-ban in too broad strokes and being overly aggressive, not lack of knowledge.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Why don't we let the best palyer in the world vote on wether or not MK should be banned? Ally
I'm not one to suggest violence over the internet, but the world would be better off if you just hit yourself in the face, twice. If not the entire world, at least you.

He lost the next god **** week

LewsTherin

Smash Cadet
What is with this crap. 1/4 of the posts are restating the initial arguments, 1/4 are bickering about the initial arguments(complete with repeatedly restating the initial arguments against the initial arguments >.>), 1/4 are spam, and 1/4 are people attacking others credibility. You are (mostly) pathetic. Vote on the poll, that should be enough right? It's not like repeating the same things over and over makes either argument more credible.

RDK

Smash Hero
Nice logic there.

Kidding, what the hell is that?

^ doesn't work that way buddy.

P.S: I voted for him not to be banned, but you're definitely not helping our side.
Again, who the hell are you? Nameless losers who haven't been present for the past three polls think they know things. It's actually kind of funny.

And Adumbrodeus, you of all people should know that pro-ban hasn't come up with any valid points. MK simply doesn't deserve to be banned. Until there is tangible proof that he does warrant it, the pro-ban side is going to be ignorantly stubborn. It's been the cycle of life for the past year and a half on Smashboards.

I'm perfectly willing to look at tournament evidence of MK causing overcentralization. Now only if that existed.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Why don't we let the best palyer in the world vote on wether or not MK should be banned? Ally,
come here please, your stalker needs your assistance. Wait, who does ally use? Snake. I have no clue why people are saying this overcentralizing stuff. I think the only reason that you should ban somebody is if they completely make the game revole around them, completely, every body uses them, and their insanely broken. Mostly the last part. MK is none of those things, so why are people saying ban him? I just honestly don't get it.
Read the whole post: should have stopped where I bolded.

Palpi

Smash Hero
What is with this crap. 1/4 of the posts are restating the initial arguments, 1/4 are bickering about the initial arguments(complete with repeatedly restating the initial arguments against the initial arguments >.>), 1/4 are spam, and 1/4 are people attacking others credibility. You are (mostly) pathetic. Vote on the poll, that should be enough right? It's not like repeating the same things over and over makes either argument more credible.
Oh so that's what i was reading!

Ask RDK, he's got that **** down.
Aiight. I will.

YO RDK. HOW DO YOU READ SOOMETHING WOULD PROCESSING IT THROUGH YOUR BRAIN????

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Welcome to the smash community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom