• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward 2.0- New updates! Plane ticket to AZ purchased!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
So epic. You should write about each smash community you visit, noting differences, maybe even include pictures or video of smashfests, giving the world a view on the current smash community. A documentary-esque thing like that would be so sick.
Definitely this. It would be so sweet if you could do it MLGBach style :p

Tamoo

Smash Master
Massive Agreement with Signia, A documentary kinda thing would be sooo cool to do.

Also, if you're coming to EUROPE, make sure to check out the UK european tournament in August. It's like straight after APEX, I think it starts the Tuesday after and goes through to Thursday, and is likely to be the BIGGEST EUROPEAN TOURNAMENT EVER.

I'd reccomend to many Americans that this tournament is gonna be ****, I am to understand that Kone is one of the finest tournament directors around. It is straight after APEX but a whole week of top class smash, you just cannot miss out on that :D It's also great cos you can go see the sights in London post tournament which is a brilliant city to come and visit.

Check out the European tournament section for it.

And good luck Jesiah, hope this really plays out well for you

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If you come to chicago area, i can house you for a weekend, especially if you plan it around the date of one of my monthlies (which get pretty good turnout as far as MW goes; tink and kels always show).

Hit me up on AIM

Skler

Smash Master
Bahahahaha

<3 Skler. You're awesome. XD

Edit: <3 MaineHampshireIsland
MHI <3s you back Professor PeePee. Your hotel room was too good.

On topic- you have to visit us if you want to get good. We have players such as Darc, Crad, Ardc, Card, Radc and Drac. We also have a reasonably high concentration of abnormal characters, moose (in the event of Maine), granite (in case you do NH) and KevinM (if you swing by RI).

I should write travel pamphlets, I'd increase tourism by 10000%.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i want to do this too..im so jealous. I just drove 10 hours round trip, last weekend, just to play smash with a few guys who I met at a tourney.

Good luck man.

Melee foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I realized something that I think a lot of people are realizing now too: Melee's never going to die. The players love the game too much, and even though people retire every once in a while, there's always going to be new people who love the game just like we did when we first started playing competitively, and they're going to dedicate themselves like we did and get to ridiculous levels.
Brought tears to my eyes. Well not really. Still a touching sentiment. Good luck on your journey sir.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
I can house you if you come to Oregon, but we're not exactly pumping out national level competitors. But always down to play some smash etcs. If you go from Canada or somesuch down to Cali it's a pretty convenient stop, we're all (mostly) in Portland which is our major city. We've got some good players, but not national tourney winners.

edit: if you want to chat a bit, my aim is Metariel

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Wow jesse, ****ing crazy. I'm assuming you're going to end up going to apex, so if you want some housing for that, I can probably provide it. I live 45 min from the venue.

j3ly

Smash Champion
until about 2 seconds ago i thought u were forward the retired player

good luck on your adventure, the mere thought it is bringing up a wierd emotion i only get when i think back to the past - a feeling i associate with amazing games.
either way i hope to meet you on your travels, i can give good housing in london if all goes well pm me closer to the time

TheManaLord

Smash Hero

good luck on your adventure, the mere thought it is bringing up a wierd emotion i only get when i think back to the past - a feeling i associate with amazing games.
either way i hope to meet you on your travels, i can give good housing in london if all goes well pm me closer to the time
nostalgiaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

forward isn't retired

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yeah, the guy just needs to pick a main.

Tee ay eye, are you in contact with PC, or did youjust sig that? Because it's easy to post that kind of thing on a whim, if he's actually doing it then....****.

Also, good luck to Jesiah, a great journey I'm sure it'll be.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
On the quote, click the little blue arrow next to the name. That takes you to the original post. PC wrote that word for word in the pound4 thread.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
i can probably house you for a few days

i'm located in Phoenix, AZ

you could PROBABLY expect to play with Axe and Forward 1.0 at my house
Word, that'd be a highlight of the trip.

if you stay at tee ay eye's house, you WILL definitely be playing with me A LOT lol

EDIT:

i LOVE this idea
Nice man, ****'s gonna be sick. Night long Smashfestssssss.

**** niiice. I wish i could do this as well.

So when's your stop-over in Canada? ;)
Idk but I'm definitely going up there, I want to play your Marth. It's nice. :)

Yeah definately take pictures and make a log of cultural differences. lol.

Sounds like an awesome trip bro, can't wait to see you round these parts.
Yeah, def going to Florida man. I'm hoping to bring a video recording device, camcorder or something like that. Pics for sure, hopefully videos.

Like the trip idea you should keep a blog like Forward tried to do as he went along.

But seriously, Melee's Prime was 2006/2007. Most of you guys don't understand how great things were back then.
Yeah, I'm going to document everything for everyone to read for sure.

GOOD **** JESSE <3

This kids pretty much the best in our region and has tons of potential. He can hold his own against pretty much anyone, so people should know that they'll get good practice with him in their house.

You better get insanely good from this, and come and help power level WNY.

Much love and good luck Jesse.
Yeah man, I'll get WNY on the map finally. You already got wayyyyy better dude. Just keep playing.

Everything hubble said. Jesiah is already extremely good. I'm looking forwards to playing you when you come back as one of the best.
You're the man.

all you rich people.

Come to Canada again. We miss you.
Miss u 2.

Jesse you got housing in RI bro <3.
Word that's sick man, thanks.

LOL **** I get a shoutout in this thread.

Ummm, come to NC so I can smash with you again haha. =)

I think I'll hit you up on AIM soon.

I want to help make Melee super competitive again. Hopefully it'll happen.
Yeah this is never going to die man. Falco practice please

If you come to chicago area, i can house you for a weekend, especially if you plan it around the date of one of my monthlies (which get pretty good turnout as far as MW goes; tink and kels always show).

Hit me up on AIM
For sure man.

Run free young buck, run free.
LMAO too good

I can house you if you come to Oregon, but we're not exactly pumping out national level competitors. But always down to play some smash etcs. If you go from Canada or somesuch down to Cali it's a pretty convenient stop, we're all (mostly) in Portland which is our major city. We've got some good players, but not national tourney winners.

edit: if you want to chat a bit, my aim is Metariel
Yo, the first guy I ever met online through Smash is a guy from Oregon, and I think he's from Portland. His name was Xeris I think. 3 years ago I met him on Ken's profile page on MLG. He posted a comment challenging Ken and I thought it was cool so I AIM'd him lol. Noob status ftw

To everyone that said they can house me: Thank you soooo much. I'm going to put your names on the first post so I don't forget. This is helping me get a list of areas and players I can look forward to playing with.

Feel free to post anything about this trip. Even if you can't house me or something, any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

Also, I'm going to blog about it on Smashboards duh lol.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
On the quote, click the little blue arrow next to the name. That takes you to the original post. PC wrote that word for word in the pound4 thread.
After nearly 2k of posts, I think I understand how sigging works. I was wondering if he knew him personally as well so as to verify whether he's following up his intent in the post.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i will not house you.... unless you edit the OP and take the e out of "aye" :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, you know. You should listen to the Pokemon movie soundtracks while you are on this journey, seriously! And you know, other journeys should be made like this. I want to do this toooooooo. : D

But yeah, if you want super hype music, pokemon movie soundtracks. For example, biggest part of my life. Replace "Pokemon Master" with "Smash Master". Thats what I do!

Oh oh and Catch em all! More people should follow you, as in your foot steps. I mean, I'm a person who is always stuck in a town where there either isn't people that are smashing, or I just don't know them. I hate traveling, but for smash, I'd travel out to CHINA. I would learn their language just to SMASH. I don't do **** in my life, so why not.

But of course I would have to fix up my life a little before thinking about stuff like this, like getting a car and license. Oh, I live in Philadelphia, and it would be nice to play with you. : D Housing, I dunno, cuz my mom is meh. (I live in an apartment anyways)

Of course, if I ever get my own apartment, I'd house you. I just gotta grow up in my own way. I mean, I have dreams of being a great smasher too, but all I could do is dread about it in my room and practice a little more. I can't really take advantage of all the tournies that happen some place. I'm going to Apex though. But man, if I ever do get the money, I'd probaly try a smash trainer journey too. YEAH I SAID SMASH TRAINER JOURNEY. Of course, I would say I got the idea from Jesiah, because I was aspired that someone would save up the money and travel to make their dream come true. Yes, what you are doing is aspiring. Good luck on your journey! I will hope to play you sometime!

AlphaZealot said:
But seriously, Melee's Prime was 2006/2007. Most of you guys don't understand how great things were back then.
Yeah, thats true. But wasn't that because of the people? Course there are generations, don't we deserve to have a great time too? I mean, maybe that great time could be passed to us, so then we could pass it down to newer noobs in the future. : D I seriously don't know how it was, but I wish I could know. I have had complications in life, that prevented me from having fun as I should have. Why was there a prime back then, but not so now?

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
hmm, well, around the summer I might have the house for a few nights once in a while and we could have an all night smashfest or something similar, maybe hold a tourney, I can't garuntee you housing right now, but its definitely a maybe, like idk if I would put me on that list right now, but keep me posted about when you leave and where you plan to be at certain times of the year, I'll let you know what I can do, but like I said its not a garuntee.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
If you decide to go to long island for whatever reason, I can house.

Boxob and Melee :] 11/24/04 <3 Ily4Evr. <3

:093:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
You should come to ADAT 3 in the Summer (in Edmonton, Alberta). Usually all of Alberta, some of BC and even EC Canada goes there. I think last year, there were a few Washington players too.

Plus there's good Brawl players if you swing that way, and if you're into SSB64, you could play against Superboom and lose money.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
OMG I'll finally get to meet you, I loved the old days of playing Pokemon with you on Shoddy yay!

If someone could house you down in Tucson as well besides Phoenix then that would be tight.

Good luck on this ish and you should definitely blog or videoblog about this.

Top Bottom