• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm...Diddy's worst nightmare...

NONE, he doesn't think or dream!

MK's...probably fangirls. XD
I've only come up with the "nightmares" for about 3/4 of the cast so far. For example, Jigglypuff's nightmare is facing Snake on Battlefield and only he's allowed to use bom-ombs. The point of the nightmares is not to beat me (although it is possible) but simply survive for the time frame alloted. It starts at 2 minutes and then goes to 5 in the finals...

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Survive for 2 minutes is reasonable but 5 minutes against bomb ombs? That's ridiculous! Also imo Animal stages are fail... I want Corneria!

King~

Smash Champion
Yesh only falco in the tourney(so far)

we have to stay the same character the whole tourney or like you previous ones where people will be able to switch in the finals if they want?

Halaster

Smash Ace
@King Yoshi: In the update to the first post FMOI states that whatever character you pick, you keep. You can change before you do your first round, but once you do that, you are locked into using him.

King~

Smash Champion
@King Yoshi: In the update to the first post FMOI states that whatever character you pick, you keep. You can change before you do your first round, but once you do that, you are locked into using him.
Understand that, but in the previous tournament he said we would be able to use who we wanted when it came to the finals

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Understand that, but in the previous tournament he said we would be able to use who we wanted when it came to the finals
No I didn't... You had to win as both of your characters and then you could choose either one of them if you won 2 matches in the finals.

@ Omis?:

It's possible to survive but you have to play smart. Jigglypuff has to use the stage to her advantage. The same goes for the other character's "nightmares." Olimar's nightmare is fighting against ROB on Frigate Orpheon and only ROB gets to use the motion sensor mines. If you lose in the nightmares, it counts as a loss against you but if you win, it doesn't. Obviously, it plays a big part in the tournament because the nightmare challenges start during the quarter finals. Also, your character gets three stock so it's not as overwelming.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Spam grabs and run away under the stage..... rinse and repeat.

When is this starting next week?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
and im the only JP player to enter? your evil if you take me there XD
Don't worry, that's for my Halloween tournament. By the way, one of the stages I have in the legal counterpicks for the female/metro category is Jigglypuff's best stage but most tournaments usually ban it... ;)

@ yoshididdy:

It'll either be next weekend or the weekend after that. Me and Glyph need to talk about it more.

Add in:

I would have added Corneria but's it's a ridicolously good counterpick for one of the top tier characters in that division and if who ever chose him found out, I strongly believe that character would win the division way too easily.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah "that" stage is usually banned. even my friends ban it cause they hate it. so i take them to 75m lol. im glad corneria isn't in. JP dies on that stage.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
yeah "that" stage is usually banned. even my friends ban it cause they hate it. so i take them to 75m lol. im glad corneria isn't in. JP dies on that stage.
Keep in mind that you can only choose it as a counterpick meaning you have to lose your first match first. It will only help you with a few characters since most of the female/metro characters are floaty or have decent recoveries. Off the top of my head, there's only two characters in that division that it strongly counters.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Da Boys are other need at least 1 other stage FM D:

NVM
Didn't see that there were stages legal for all brackets

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
what do people have against items and non netrual stages?

its more fun to use a pitfall to metoeror smash someone into the mouth of a bulborb, right?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
what do people have against items and non netrual stages?

its more fun to use a pitfall to metoeror smash someone into the mouth of a bulborb, right?
It's because they don't follow competitive standards. For example, Mario Bros pretty turns the match into dodgeball and matches with pokeballs and hammers are usually determined who can get the most items. Many of the Finals Smashes are like that too like the Landmasters and Super Sonic. They're fine for fun but they eliminate the skill factor of competitive play.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Can we start the rounds as soon as we get the people in our bracket full? That would be very convenient and it would encourage you to hurry up the games if you are the last bracket to go.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@whitepikmin
maybe if most of the items weren't kinda broken, and only assisted, not turn matchs around, then i'd like em more lol.

@FMOI
oh and yeah i know its only there if i lose, but at least its an option i have . most peachs don't like it so i can have a helper there if i lose to one of em lol.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
No; don't be overly concerned about how you place but, rather, who you beat. If you lose to someone you normally 3 stock on a regular basis, there's definately a problem. If you beat someone like Naucitos, Blue Terrorist, Mmac, Scimitar, ~Peachy~, Excellence, Chaco, Zeonstar, Aryman, *coughmecough*, etc, you should accept it as a pretty big accomplishment if you've never done so before. Trust me, people are going to care a lot more if you three stock someone like Zeonstar in the first round than if you don't even make to the quarter finals. Again, it's a learning experience so treat it as such.
;____;

What about meeeeeee?

cba

Smash Master

No; don't be overly concerned about how you place but, rather, who you beat. If you lose to someone you normally 3 stock on a regular basis, there's definately a problem. If you beat someone like cBa,Glyph,Naucitos, Blue Terrorist, Mmac, Scimitar, ~Peachy~, Excellence, Chaco, Zeonstar, Aryman, *coughmecough*, etc, you should accept it as a pretty big accomplishment if you've never done so before. Trust me, people are going to care a lot more if you three stock someone like Zeonstar in the first round than if you don't even make to the quarter finals. Again, it's a learning experience so treat it as such.

fixed, the first two persons who should be there.......
dont hate lol jk

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fixed

I wanna go to some offline tournaments too but south jersey has nothinG!
I've beaten him with Ike, ROB, and Sonic and I don't think those are 80-20.

;____;

What about meeeeeee?
Notice the "etc". I'm not going to list everyone I considered skilled. I just pointed out the most noteworthy based on tournament rankings and FF records (Excellence's is absolutely nuts).

fixed, the first two persons who should be there.......
dont hate lol jk
See above.

@ Zeonstar:

Oh yeah? Well, I only lose when I decide just to use my thumb and pointer finger on left hand to play. :psycho:

Barge

All I want is a custom title
And when you decide to stop spamming with lucario for 5 seconds ]:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And when you decide to stop spamming with lucario for 5 seconds ]:
If you're referring to my match with Aryman, I lost by one attack. I thought he was going to edgeguard and I basically jumped in a spin attack. He even had a good 50% more damage than I did but I went and pulled off that bone headed move and lost the match. Also, if you're referring to our matches, no johns. I've played against you with every character in the cast and play the style that's best with the character. Spam is good when it comes to people like Lucario, Samus, and the Ice Climbers. Play to win even if you royally piss off your opponent in the process. :laugh:

Top Bottom