• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Ggs samusbrawler, your friends d/c too much.
Lol I know :laugh: It sucked, I don't know what was going on with that. At least there was little lag overall. Besides the parts when the game randomly decided to d/c

Excellence

Smash Champion
Don't worry, I've played far worse Ikes. At least you didn't hopelessly spam his specials and smash attacks. Really, it just takes practice to get better. Play a ton of different people and learn new strategies. If someone uses something that dominates you in your play, try to adapt it into your own playstyle. Most of the stuff I do I learned from other people and just screwing around in training mode.
Do you not hear what he just said? He asked you for practice saying he's not tournament ready, yet when he lost miserably he flipped out and said remove him from the tournament. A reaction like that means he had some expectantcy to do well or even win, and if he's going to flip out over a loss is he really worth keeping. If he asked for practice and lost, reguardless of how bad, he should've continued to practice, ask for pointers (which you so generously gave) and work toward bettering himself.

However, despite all of that, I would not remove him from the tournament even though he asked. When people talk out of anger the usually regret what they say (even if it is the truth at the time).

My comment to Steal would be that Brawl is experienced based. The people (except for a few) who are really good have played Melee and migrated to Brawl.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you not hear what he just said? He asked you for practice saying he's not tournament ready, yet when he lost miserably he flipped out and said remove him from the tournament. A reaction like that means he had some expectantcy to do well or even win, and if he's going to flip out over a loss is he really worth keeping. If he asked for practice and lost, reguardless of how bad, he should've continued to practice, ask for pointers (which you so generously gave) and work toward bettering himself.

However, despite all of that, I would not remove him from the tournament even though he asked. When people talk out of anger the usually regret what they say (even if it is the truth at the time).

My comment to Steal would be that Brawl is experienced based. The people (except for a few) who are really good have played Melee and migrated to Brawl.
I saw that but I'm not going to hold it against him. I remember getting my face handed to me in my first online tournament in the semi-finals by a Meta Knight. What made it incredibly frustrating was that he got three stocked in the finals. Losing sucks; there's no doubt about it and it takes a long time to get used to it and admitting your own faults and learning from them when you get 2-3 stocked by someone on a regular basis.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
No, I don't know how to use mario >_> <_<

Hence the overuse of fair.

Barge

His pk fire -> grab
Pk fire -> bat
is kind of predictable

I'm trying to learn zss, she has a completely different playstyle than the other characters I play as

Steel_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
ill try to get better in time for the realtourny its just i hate losing im very competitive and its just so annoying to think hey i beat this guy an then lose like 10 matches you know?

Barge

I didn't realize how 1337 your olimar was Excellence, your whistle use is like, perfect.

Glad im not in the same bracket as you.

Steel_Dragon

Smash Journeyman

exellence can i brawl you since you're probably right about the above?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
His pk fire -> grab
Pk fire -> bat
is kind of predictable

I'm trying to learn zss, she has a completely different playstyle than the other characters I play as
The two big things you should work on are doing good followups with ZSS's dash attack and using ZSS's plasma whip more. ZSS's is a lot like Marth's dtilt and Diddy's dash attack, once it hits something, it can immediately be cancelled into another attack. For example, using any of the tilts work beautifully if you hit with the first attack, especially her utilt. Ftilt and dtilt are great too because they both have decent trip rates.

Besides ZSS's bair, her plasma whip (forward B) is definately her best killing move. It has outstanding range (almost as much as Samus's zair) and can easily be used while approaching and retreating.

Tomorrow, I'll do ZSS doubles with you if you want.

Barge

Sounds good.
But it's a bit laggy brawling with you. Hopefully it clears up tommorow.

ROBIE69IE

Smash Cadet
Of course I read it. I appreciate all you guys suggestions. As far as the PK Thunder blast, I'm pretty much addicted to it. Its a risky move so I use liberally during multies with the intention of honing it. There is so much you can do with the PKT Blast, the delays make it so much fun. I even used my newest technique on you Omega! Its when I send the PKT underneath me, 360 deg. The delay always tricks people into dropping their shields. Another one that I am working on is a point blank PKT Blast. These techs, I have to use them sparingly though.
Thank you guys, y'all are much fun!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Barge, I think you still have trouble predicting my pk fire. You get trapped so often! :)
As I complained about a couple of weeks ago, it's harder to DI out of PK fire online. Offline, you can just spam the jump button to get out with everyone but the heaviest of characters but, for some reason, it doesn't work as well online. :psycho:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Does anyone want to play? I haven't been able to practice with FF down and none of my friends are on for some reason =\ I'll be awake and checking back all night
*still working on lab report*

I might have time tomorrow. Who do you main by the way?

Add in:

Some people are too lazy to change the character avatar's next to their names when they do change which is why I'm asking. (Like me, for example. :laugh:)

LegionBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Getting 3stocked Over...And over and OVER
*still working on lab report*

I might have time tomorrow. Who do you main by the way?

Add in:

Some people are too lazy to change the character avatar's next to their names when they do change which is why I'm asking. (Like me, for example. :laugh:)
I dont have a main I switch so much......My best char though is inbetween marth and fox I think O _ o I do alot better against some chars than others

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I haven't posted here in a while.

Anyone want to do some friendlies this weekend? Three day weekend = much brawls.

Top Bottom