• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
brawl? havnt played that since apex...

port town is kinda gay though. Its not the melee CF stage, mainly because while the stage is moving, you cant grab onto the sides of the moving stage. I guess it doesnt count as a ledge or something

and besides that, the cars do TOO much damage. If they didnt do as much as they do, then possibly. But the non-ledge whenever the stage moves is pretty bad

Japes is gay, but its legal everywhere else, so maybe we should add it back to the list

Galeon

Smash Ace
when the stage was moving, you couldn't grab it in melee either. There's also tournament matches of people getting combo'ed 60% from cars alone at low % on mute city.

It might be possible for people to get used to that stage and avoid the hazards but you guys can't seriously be thinking of making that stage legal. The stage smites you at 30%. And it's not like Halberd where the laser is like "I'm only going to hit here so if you get hit, it's your own fault". Those cars are a death line and having any kind of interaction there will get you killed. And that's assuming you're fighting. Not even getting into chaingrabs, grab release, forced knockdowns. Getting snake dthrown on that level is like getting tech chased by a group of GW 9-hammers.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
when the stage was moving, you couldn't grab it in melee either. There's also tournament matches of people getting combo'ed 60% from cars alone at low % on mute city.

It might be possible for people to get used to that stage and avoid the hazards but you guys can't seriously be thinking of making that stage legal. The stage smites you at 30%. And it's not like Halberd where the laser is like "I'm only going to hit here so if you get hit, it's your own fault". Those cars are a death line and having any kind of interaction there will get you killed. And that's assuming you're fighting. Not even getting into chaingrabs, grab release, forced knockdowns. Getting snake dthrown on that level is like getting tech chased by a group of GW 9-hammers.

...lol

oh, i watched first ep of that anime you told me to watch. it was pretty...suprising :laugh:

KBM

Smash Ace
yeah yeah yeah, port town's broken, fine.

I'm talkin in general though. Stuff like pictochat, PS2, rainbow cruise, green greens, and norfair, where people want them perma-banned just because they're scared.

The other thing to look at is the kind of stages like mansion and mushroomy kingdom, where it's just straight up LEGIT broken for almost every character. If someone knows how to tech chase, you're lookin at 60%+ combos. THAT'S the kind of stage to be perma banned, not the ones i listed above.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
@KBM
But we have certain things we want to avoid in picking stages. 75 meters and mushroomy don't meet those set requirements (walk offs)

Port town's hazards are very easily avoided if you were gifted with sight. you can be grab released or down thrown into any hazzard :/

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
You guys are being soo ********... :rolleyes:

It's all about following standards for rules so that everything is consistent (for the most part) from region to region... Who cares to learn a stupid stage if we're the only place to use it?

...:027:

KBM

Smash Ace
ehhhhhhhhhh shutcho mouth geoff

just trying to mix things up a little.

i mean, hell, genesis only has 3 neutral stages.

we wanna copy them too? lets just do EVERYTHING everybody else is doing.

if you want consistency from region to region, talk to the guys hosting those big *** tournaments, because they're all completely different

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Basically the rest of the nation, except japes is legal in some places. You should consider changing GP's stage list to that for the future since its what we're trying to implement for FL since its pointless for us to have such dumb stages lol

Neutral
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium(Melee)
Jungle japes(optional)
This is a good list even though I will miss luigi's mansion. I think we should try and get everyone to use this stage list.

well i wish i could ban castle siege and delphino when i fight D3 which are my versions of poop and **** as a snake main, point being stop being a ***** and man up, if we are gonna change the list change the list to whats widely used, at COT4 japes was legal, not sure about Apex,
I totally agree with this. The fact that we even have to discuss this kind of thing for this long shows the the current state of the smash community, which I must say is not too good.

Real men fight on Final D, Battlefield, and Smahsville. lol

But seriously, if you are the better player, you should still be able to win the set. By winning the first game which is on a neutral stage, you should have the LARGE advantage of winning that set. Lets say the other person CPs on RC and you didn't ban it because of whatever. You still have the third match in which you can counterpick him back. People CPing you ARE meant for you to have some kind of disadvantage. If the other person has to play on gay stages just to beat you, take the second match as a way to learn. Sandbag the **** out of the second match, learn what your opponent does on certain occasions, and make him belief that he has you figured out. Remember, in his mind, he is thinking that he has to win or else, he has lost the set. You, on the other hand, don't have that pressure, and you are allowed to do what you want. After the second match, take him to stage you feel comfortable...or be manly and take him to FD and fvck him up there. JUST WIN THE FIRST MATCH.
Very good point. You make too much sense. This IS the whole point of CPing, and the one with the most skill is gonna win game one and get that advantage.

is FL ever satisfied?
Sadly, I'm afraid not...

You guys are being soo ********... :rolleyes:

It's all about following standards for rules so that everything is consistent (for the most part) from region to region... Who cares to learn a stupid stage if we're the only place to use it?

...:027:
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't agree with you anymore. One game = one ruleset.

ehhhhhhhhhh shutcho mouth geoff

just trying to mix things up a little.

i mean, hell, genesis only has 3 neutral stages.

we wanna copy them too? lets just do EVERYTHING everybody else is doing.

if you want consistency from region to region, talk to the guys hosting those big *** tournaments, because they're all completely different
I'm finding it hard to make sense out of your idea of "mixing it up a little". Yes! we should do what everybody else is doing, it called uniformity. Like I said before, one game = one rule set. If one region has a certain rule set and a different region has a different rule set, they are not playing the same game, but a similar one. I do totally agree with you on your last statement.

People, this is not a hard choice to make. No one should have to explain that we all need to be playing the same game. If this needed change is going to come about, I believe that well known PR's will probably have to suggest these changes to our major Florida TO's due to PR's respectable influence over the community. Please consider doing this earlier than just before a tourney so that in the event of disagreement, one will have enough time to talk sense into the TO and thus allowing us to have a uniform competitive game.

gallax

Smash Hero
I'm finding it hard to make sense out of your idea of "mixing it up a little". Yes! we should do what everybody else is doing, it called uniformity. Like I said before, one game = one rule set. If one region has a certain rule set and a different region has a different rule set, they are not playing the same game, but a similar one. I do totally agree with you on your last statement.
i cant tell you how much i agree with this statement.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Someone should make a list of rules that stages can't break. We ban those stages that break these rules. that way there is no guessing or need for debate, provided those rules are agreed on.

Something like.

No permanent walk offs
No perment walls
No Rediculously low ceilings...

crap like that. Right no it's pretty much banning stages you don't like. Thats like getting multiple bans in a sense.

I do agree with some sort of nation wide uniformity. But I feel we reach that if we have those stages on plus the stages that make obviously. There is no reason to ban Norfair and Luigi's aside from people not liking them, i think thats a silly reason.

Imagine the majority banning a character because they didn't like it? Silly right?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Our stage list should reflect other regions' stage lists. Otherwise if we go OOS we will not have exp. on the normal stages, and some of the stages we, are potentially, good on would not be there.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
no regions stage list is perfect, if Genesis has only three nuetrals then should we only have three nuetrals, what i'm feeling is that we should change up our stage list to adapt to each big upcoming tournies list...i could be wrong but thats eventually what everyone is getting at

-Spike-

Smash Ace
no regions stage list is perfect, if Genesis has only three nuetrals then should we only have three nuetrals, what i'm feeling is that we should change up our stage list to adapt to each big upcoming tournies list...i could be wrong but thats eventually what everyone is getting at
That doesn't sound like a bad idea. But 3 neutrals :( lol

Or we could simply have a poll just like you said before. It could be on the boards, or someone could make a poll and everyone fill it out at Florida gaming? IDK its just a thought.

KBM

Smash Ace
I like this.

Like, any tournaments you guys throw between now and Devastation or Genesis should have the same stage list as one of those (probably genesis) so people can be ready for it, yes?

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
personally i love port town as well, but people are gonna cry when they lose on it because they don't pay attention to what goes on on the stage...the cars can be avoided, with jumping or just standing to the side, i like it

@KBM
I like that idea, it sounds really good but people are to lazy to do that, and on top of that there is no way you'd ever get it on random, it'd only be chosen as a CP or by stage striking
Backing up a little bit here
But custom stages can be chosen through random, iirc there is a option to turn them on/off in stage switch so getting the stage(s) is possible through random.

Noa.

Smash Master
This is a good idea.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
same list i was saying.

Here it is.

Neutrals:
SV
BF
FD

CP:
Lylat
Yoshi's
Castle
Delfino
Frigate
Halberd
Brinstar
RC
PokeStadium1

think thats about it

Master Raven

Smash Master
same list i was saying.

Here it is.

Neutrals:
SV
BF
FD

CP:
Lylat
Yoshi's
Castle
Delfino
Frigate
Halberd
Brinstar
RC
PokeStadium1

think thats about it
This is perfect, dunno about Japes yet though. Japes wouldn't just benefit for Falco but also for DK by a lot.

Coffee™

I need it....
same list i was saying.

Here it is.

Neutrals:
SV
BF
FD

CP:
Lylat
Yoshi's
Castle
Delfino
Frigate
Halberd
Brinstar
RC
PokeStadium1

think thats about it
Lol, I've been using this exact same stage set for months at my tournies minus RC

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
3 neutrals? that seems dull to me, I see no reason to move Yoshi's to counter pick.That stage is about the most fair out of all of them actually. If there is only 3 stages, then u can use a ban on 1 of the 3 then there's a 50/50 that it will just be 1 of the two. I don't really understand why this is the neutral list when in melee there was fd/bf/yoshi's/FoD/Pokemon. Pokemon and FoD changed a lot more than did yoshi's or lylat but still had major approval.

Other then those 2 neutrals being moved to counter pick, I agree completly with the CP choices. maybe corneria could be added as well, but other than that it's pretty solid.

Top Bottom