• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
This is perfect, dunno about Japes yet though. Japes wouldn't just benefit for Falco but also for DK by a lot.
why would it matter about DK?

that just gives a cp vs Fl's MetaGOD.

also, lol @ u brawltards finally taking luigi mansion off completely.

everything i say either comes true or is true LOL

KBM

Smash Ace
Lylat and Yoshi's are ******** neutrals... Besides, the point is that it's the Genesis list so we're going to use it until Genesis.

@the guys who said we should have yoshi's since i'm too lazy to quote

CO18

Smash Hero
Yoshi's and Lylat should be neutral even if they're annoying there isn't a reason for them to be CPs. They're legit neutrals. I dont even like them that much but they should be neutrals. Would be sort of dumb imo.

Edit: Lylay could possibly be a CP but I dont think yoshis unless we planned on changing it after genesis or something.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
No one is ever going to come to any agreements for a stage list. The good players will still win even if every tournament has a different set of allowed stages. It's pointless to talk about this.

Edit: Okay, its not pointless to talk about this, but it's never going to be an anonymous decision. IMO, banning too many stages ruins brawl and my faith in the communities decision making skills. Obviously, ban the most hazardous of stages and don't be too picky about starter stages, character's have their advantage on starter stages too. Lylat, PS1, YI, and Castle Siege should be included starters, again, just an opinion of mine.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I don't think we're gonna arrive at an "unknown" decision either (maybe a unanimous one though)...:027:

;)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
this isn't about changing results in fl. its about getting everyone prepared so we can do our best OOS. what will having pirate ship, or having port town, or any other random stage allowed help us oos for?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
this isn't about changing results in fl. its about getting everyone prepared so we can do our best OOS. what will having pirate ship, or having port town, or any other random stage allowed help us oos for?
Every state has different tournament hosts, and therefore different stages allowed. The states that perform the best in brawl probably have the best tournament rules and they don't ban so many stages. The more you restrict the less you'll gain from the experience. Learn the stages.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Every state has different tournament hosts, and therefore different stages allowed. The states that perform the best in brawl probably have the best tournament rules and they don't ban so many stages. The more you restrict the less you'll gain from the experience. Learn the stages.
D@mn... This guy speaks the truth!!!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
If you look more deeply into it, like actual lists instead of assuming, the list i've been proposing is the one most similar to most states tournies, as well as THE BIGGEST brawl tourny coming out since brawl's release. A tourny im gona average 20 or so Floridians, prolly more, are going to, so im trying to prepare everyone for that so they don't feel jipped out of a 400 dollar plane ticket or a 4 day car ride.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Alright so i can CP Big Blue next tournament?

Good **** thats all i care about if RC is on i wanna play on big blue its like the same thing.

AfroQT

Smash Master
So yeah if RC gets on can i get big blue?
And since big blue will get on how about mushroomy kingdom.

Lets throw in some flatzone, some distant planet.

LETS DO THIS FULL BLAST

AfroQT

Smash Master
Thats what im talkin about basically thats what i see when i see rainbow cruise so all the other stages that are like the same thing lets put them on to.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
The main thing separating RC from all the stage you are talking about are perma walk offs Big blue included

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
D@mn... This guy speaks the truth!!!
Thank you. Like I said before, the obvious hazardous stages should be banned like Big Blue. I'm not saying all stages should be allowed, that's just silly. Be balanced in how you think about what stages you'll ban if your a tournament host, don't be too picky and don't be too lenient, be BALANCED!

Being too picky is moving Yoshi Island brawl, and Lylat cruise out of starter and into counter pick.

A lot of people consider New Jersey to be the best smash state. We should play follow the leader and go by their rules. Here is their stage list.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Weblinks from my sources: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207627
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233865

KBM

Smash Ace
No we shouldn't, the whole point is so that we're experienced with the Genesis stage set for when we actually GO to Genesis. if you're going to NJ any time soon for a tournament, go ahead and use that list for a tournament you're hosting.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
KBM is right, we should be prepared for the next OOS tournament most people are going to go to so that if somebody CPs you to a weird level that isn't currently allowed in FL you won't get *****.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
No we shouldn't, the whole point is so that we're experienced with the Genesis stage set for when we actually GO to Genesis. if you're going to NJ any time soon for a tournament, go ahead and use that list for a tournament you're hosting.
It was an idea I wanted to share. That's all I have to say about it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
This is the perfect stage list IMO. Nothing here is what I would consider gay.

But I think going by the genesis stage list is the best idea right now.....

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Weblinks from my sources: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207627
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233865
I like this stage list, but i feel it should include Japes.

Oh and i still support pirate ship, so that can be tossed in there too LOL. Japes or pirate ship tho!

why is there still discussion? i think it's pretty obvious what our stage list needs to be until july.
So were gonna change it again in July? WTF? I thought this was about staying consistent and being like the others states. I like the new change, but if were just gonna change it for every time there is a huge OOS tourney the people who only play in Florida, are gonna be the ones who suffer. No reason for us to learn new stages if were staying in state. And if the reason is to learn new stages then why are we getting rid of pirate ship, norfair, etc? There are only a handful of us that travel OOS , so if were gonna be constantly changing the stage list, I feel those OOS travelers need to learn the new stages on their own. No point of making the rest of Florida have to deal with constant change for OOS tournies.

So i feel we need to make the next list permanent or there is no reason to change it.

*Im open to listen to any suggestions or explanations. So everyone, feel free to correct me if im wrong, but if your gonna respond to this dont attack me in your response!

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Neutrals:
SV
BF
FD

CP:
Big Blue
WarioWare
Green Hill Zone
Pirate Ship
New Pork City
Sky World
Hanenbow

I still say this is the best stage list.

RC is ****ing retarted. Any of you pick olimar and **** around see how fun it is

not that i care i main mk now

No not you too D:

AfroQT

Smash Master
I main mk now too, going all mk next tourney, if we fight afro, we'll go to big blue, or we could mutual ban all the gay stages and stick to FD BF and SV
You know i wanna go all manly stages, but instead lets ****in play on big blue since some scrub is gonna CP me to Rainbow cruise at some point cuz he thinks his character looks cute there or some f@ggotry.

Top Bottom