• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Flight of The Ostrich a Raleigh, NC tournament 5/30

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
If you want to win, play Olimar.

AndyG won Beyond the Limit (the 50-person B+ tourney) with Olimar, playing pretty campy.
I didn't win btl because of olimar you moron it's nothing like "if you want to win play mk"

it was entirely possible for me to beat anybody I beat with falcon too and he's not even top 5 in the game, I just felt more confident with olimar because I've played him for over a year and falcon for a couple months

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I didn't win btl because of olimar you moron it's nothing like "if you want to win play mk"

it was entirely possible for me to beat anybody I beat with falcon too and he's not even top 5 in the game, I just felt more confident with olimar because I've played him for over a year and falcon for a couple months
His point was that NC-Echo is a very capable Olimar player same as you and that his brawl skills would transfer over just as well >_>

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion

benny the jet rodriguez lol

Jon?

Smash Champion
Double Snake for the win! Just be careful with those mines and grenades, lol.

lord karn

Smash Master
His point was that NC-Echo is a very capable Olimar player same as you and that his brawl skills would transfer over just as well >_>
Keith still asked me before you. @_@ I was making sure he still wanted to team because david took forever to tell me he isn't coming. -_-

NC-Echo

Smash Lord

lol. Of course he was not saying that. He was simply suggesting I play Olimar because I already know the character and he is still good in brawl+.

sooo defensive... sooo cocky

Vilt

Smash Lord
Yeah sorry bros. Not coming to this. I gotta save money so it's either this or billfest on the sixth. I choose bill.

Foxy

Smash Master

You clearly don't understand the context behind the post.

NC-Echo (Bill) is the best Olimar in NC, and I meant that if HE wanted to win, he personally should pick Olimar, as you, another great vBrawl Olimar, had success also picking him in Brawl+.

I heard some people also say that you played more defensively than other B+ players in BtL, and NC-Echo is a very defensive player.

I definitely don't think Olimar is the best player in B+, not even close. I was simply making the connection that he could have the same success transferring his Olimar experience from vBrawl to Brawl+.

Edit: Omni beat me to this, but I guess I can support it too.
Edit2: So did Bill. I fail.

Jon?

Smash Champion
You clearly don't understand the context behind the post.

NC-Echo (Bill) is the best Olimar in NC, and I meant that if HE wanted to win, he personally should pick Olimar, as you, another great vBrawl Olimar, had success also picking him in Brawl+.

I heard some people also say that you played more defensively than other B+ players in BtL, and NC-Echo is a very defensive player.

I definitely don't think Olimar is the best player in B+, not even close. I was simply making the connection that he could have the same success transferring his Olimar experience from vBrawl to Brawl+.

Edit: Omni beat me to this, but I guess I can support it too.
Edit2: So did Bill. I fail.
Besides Killer Sauce, Bill is the only pro Olimar I've seen in the United States. I cannot recall any Olimar players who place very high in big tournaments. So Bill must be the best, am I right? :laugh:

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Pyronic got 3rd at herb. I beat him in a money match though, I was absolutely baked/slightly drunk at the time lol.

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
I know what he meant. I'm saying you can pick any character and win, if you wanna win immediately pick olimar, but "if you want to win, pick olimar. andyg did and he won a tournament" just as an in-general statement for b+ insinuates bad things about the game

Foxy

Smash Master
I know what he meant. I'm saying you can pick any character and win, if you wanna win immediately pick olimar, but "if you want to win, pick olimar. andyg did and he won a tournament" just as an in-general statement for b+ insinuates bad things about the game
I suppose it would have been smarter to say "Bill, stick with Olimar if you want your best shot at winning right away."

You should come to some NC B+ tournies, we have a bunch.

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
i remember a drunk fiz and a high rag walking out of the main room and saying "i wonder who that oli guy was"
I remember this ****. I was tripping balls with karl and told rag to mm this random dude that was challengeing everybody. I thought i was gonna watch rag get his *** handed to him and it backfired. rag should give me that five dollars. dumb mother ****er.

Foxy

Smash Master
it's the only button you need to play brawl.

just avoid everything and eventually they will kill themselves (or the bombs in sudden death will).

so what players would you consider more defensive than bill?

Top Bottom