• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Flight of The Ostrich a Raleigh, NC tournament 5/30

GofG

Smash Champion
yesh i do, i have an attitude(sometimes) and i just get mad too easily over wifi :urg: :074:
Courier New? What is this, a pre-1980 command prompt? Monospace > courier new as a fixed-width font. Get the **** out, plan9-***.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Everyone please remember to bring your setups :D

I will have the newest version of brawl+ to use on all the Wii's, as well as twilight hack and the bomber____ for those of you with 4.0 wii's. I will also more than likely make a poster with the stage list, since it is the first list like this in NC.

Foxy

Smash Master
Sounds awesome. I will probably be here with my setup and tv.

However, I won't be bringing the extra B+ Wii, I won't be able to get it from my friend before I go.

If you're able to hack regular Wiis though, then we shouldn't have a problem.

Smith

Smash Ace
Lol Smith. Punch another guy in the face?
No. My mouth. I'm tired of going to school, going into math, and my teacher being afraid of teaching because of Black Male Students. I told everyone to shut the hell up, was pulled out of class; *****ed about how my school can't forward new stall doors so you can take a ****. Told the principal how ****ty the school was and how gay Virgiligays is.

GAUVN

Smash Cadet
I know what he meant. I'm saying you can pick any character and win, if you wanna win immediately pick olimar, but "if you want to win, pick olimar. andyg did and he won a tournament" just as an in-general statement for b+ insinuates bad things about the game
At first I thought I was going to hate this guy for playing oli, but then i saw his sig and everything changed

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
it's the only button you need to play brawl.

just avoid everything and eventually they will kill themselves (or the bombs in sudden death will).

so what players would you consider more defensive than bill?
As far as Olimar's go I'm one of the more aggressive out there.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
If anyone has a laptop with tio that they would like to bring that would be great, I can manage otherwise but I don't particularly want to move my computer upstairs.

Foxy

Smash Master
Smashbrostournaments.com? LOL

sounds hilarious, i gotta check it out.

good idea plurz!

omni, i'll bring my netbook with tio.

leaving in 30 mins.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I just found out about it today. XD Some guy sent it to me. It's like Myspace for smashers. :/

I don't see myself sticking with it.
All the NC TOs should make accounts and try and bring new smashers in, especially if you play all 3 games.

313 Holly Green Lane not 373 sorry for the confusion a bunch of people keep asking me about it.

GAUVN

Smash Cadet
Who's whoopin that a$s (getting the luckiest) in brawl/brawl+ so far?
Well, in brawl +, foxy came in with captain Nobama and completely decimated the tourney. That C F was completely beast. then bill came along and owned with kirby. Bill got first, foxy second.

Then we had brawl + doubles. Bills team got first, and every other team got second there were only 4 teams, so they decided to give the whole pot to bill

brawl doubles, Fiz and rohan came from nowhere and took the tourney from bill and omni. I came after watching that match-up. I think it went up t round 5 in both of the sets, and in the last match, omni and bill kinda i dunno, and rohan and fiz won it

brawl singles is still going on and will be going on until 1 since finals take forever, with or without a lucario present. The bracket was rigged like always. Omni the host, and Bill, who "will never lose a tournament" were placed on completely different ends of the bracket, after they set up the brackets themselves. a bunch of matches took place. shady beat karn and bill and is sitting on the winners bracket. last i seen, bill beat rag in losers final and is going to go get his respective *** whooping from shady (go shady).

On a semi-related note, I personally believe that tourneys should be placed randomly. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing people make the brackets saying, I'm skill lvl 9, he's 5, Imma own him in the first round, lololololololololol. Its one thing to go ahead and give everyone a level and let the system go ahead and generate a bracket from there, but I have seen on multiple occasions the hosts editing what was generated on the john that "we don't want high level people playing each other in the first two rounds" wat the **** does it matter? Rag will lose to Bill, (no offense rag) no matter where they are placed, cause they will eventually meet anyway. If you have 30 people at the tourney, you should have 30 numbers drawn at random. numbers 1 and 2 will be matched, followed by 3 and 4 and so on. its completely random and fair. The "noobies" coming to the tourney won't be losing to the best in the state the very first round (****, what the **** would that even do their morale to lose so fast). Everyone would get a decent shot because it would be random. If karn and bill face each other, so be it. As a matter of fact, let the "best in the state" draw first. Let karn and bill draw first. There's about a 1/900 chance that they will face each other in the first round. Its very obvious now that these tourneys have become money traps on the way they are set-up. Because they are set-up so that the best in the state, (also the ones that make the bracket) have the best possible chance to make it to the top and win money. If you're the so called best in the state, you shoulkd be able to easily work from the bottom up, rather then kicking the people who try to climb up off your little hill. I can keep going on and on about it, but I definitely think i made my point.

I guess the question I should be asking is this: to those of you who KNOW for a fact you won't be able to beat bill, karn, and the others, why do you even bother showing up since you know they will always make it to the top based on where they are put? Why give them a reason to take your money? Cause you're just playing for the fun of it? For ****'s sake, if you want to play for the fun of it, go start a free to join tourney.

And on a final note, Bill, I said I would, and I'm keeping to this conviction. You didn't set the tree up so we would face in the first round, rather you set me up with omni. So I will keep to my word by saying you were simply too scared to go against me. You say you never have any fun when you face me, but the only time you never have fun is when you're losing. You won't have a money match with me "for 100 dollars" which I think is complete bs. you placed me as far away as possible when you set the tree up, and you were cheering fiz on like he was your brother, hoping that you won't face me. You could have easily put me against you and omni somehwere else in the first round, but it was obvious that was too risky for you. If you haven't noticed, you're by far the ONLY person I troll. I may have *****ed out fiz and omni, but that's during the match. You on the other hand jus ask for it 24/7 because you john about EVERYTHING, you throw sissy fits like a 7 year old when you lose, and personally, I think you're just a rich spoiled brat who eased his way through UNC. So in short, I will NOT be going to billfest, or any other tourney you are hosting, and i will not be going to any tourney that you are at in which you have influenced the brackets. You say you want me to come to you? How about you come to me and shut me down? You wouldn't even take my challenge when I said I wouldn't troll or trash talk ever again had you beat me. What does that say about you?

So to you all, except bill obviously, I hope to see you all on the 20th. Hopefully this will be a rocking tourney.

And when I say "best in state" you know who you are that I'm talking to. I used karn and maybe zero as an example, but i wasn't railing them. You know who you are though.

Peace

I've said my piece, I'm not arguing, going to point out anything, etc. etc. any further no matter what anyone says, unless its about random brackets. and "non-seeded brackets suck" isn't going to work. Say something half convincing first.

Jon?

Smash Champion
LOL Gauvn. Is this a Smashboards post or an English paper?

Regarding the bracket pairing issue, I have no opinion. I neither suggest random or seeded pairings. If I go against a good player, I'm fine with that. It'll just be a way for me to see if I can compete with the best in the state.

Regarding "feeding the pot," I as well do not care for that matter. The tournament is only 5 dollars. Not a big deal. If I place in the money good for me, but if I don't no big deal as long as I have fun.

I think the only reason I actually partake in these tournaments is to luckily make an appearance in Power Rankings or at least Honorable Mentions. I value the fame more than the money.

By the way Gauvn, please keep the drama between you and Bill to yourself. I respect Bill as a person and a player. I have no problems with anyone who I play with in tournaments. But if you have a problem with Bill or another player, please settle the dispute amongst yourselves by PM or e-mail. No need to start flame wars on SmashBoards or during tournaments.

On the lighter side, Gauvn good job. I always have a trouble with your Lucario and rolls. I may have to start using Snake to handle you playstyle. Now that I think about it, every single tournament you have knocked me out of, lol. I've even gone to ask Smashboards on how to deal with your playstyle.

For Omni: great tourny. Fun and friendlies were awesome. Nice hospitality and the room was not too stuffy and hot. Next time can I bring a fan and have it cover my singles entry fee? LOL.

See you guys at the next Billfest!

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
so for all of you guys who dont want to read that long *** post above(most of it was filled with bs anyway) then here is my summary of the tourney.

Brawl + Summary
-falcon is awesome because he can knee stuff
-bill has a good kirby
-foxy is smart but thinks he isnt
Brawl Doubles Summary
-Fiz and Rohan were seeded lowest because they had never placed before
-teams included the likes of Karn+Kieth, Bill+Omni, Seth+Rag, KSK+Shady, Uncle+Phoot, and Gauvin+unknown
-Fiz and Rohan won the tourney
-Rohan was Fox
-Fiz and Rohan are from sp
-Fiz and Rohan were unseeded
-Bill raged
Brawl Singles Summary
-Shady didnt lose on his way to first place
-Karn 3-0ed bill in losers final w/ meta
-Karn split with shady but conceded first because he was coming from losers
-Doubles was again the highlight of the tourney

Jon?

Smash Champion
Doubles looked like lots of fun! I didn't think I would make it in time for Brawl Doubles. I just sat there and watched MK+another character vs. MK + Snake matches all day long, lol.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
doubles grand finals was the closest set i have ever been a part of. rohan and i played bill and omni 13 times during the course of the tourney. to further show how close it was here is how each match went
1-bill
2-rohan
3-bill(ended the first meeting and sent rohan to losers)
4-rohan(first match of grand finals)
5-bill
6-rohan
7-bill
8-rohan(ended first set of grand finals)
9-bill
10-rohan
11-bill
12-rohan
13-rohan(ended grand finals)

ive never seen anything so close

Jon?

Smash Champion
Wow, grand finals was best 2 out of 3 sets and sets were best 3 out of 5 games? I did not know that. No wonder I took so long!

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
it was only that way because the team coming from losers won the first set meaning both teams had one loss. Alas(karn) another set had to be played.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
this tourney sounds like it went well

i support seeded brackets but in the interest of fairness i think that we should just place a skill level on everyone and let tio make the bracket for us next time. we'll get together a group of people who actually know their **** and let them decide the skill levels. which means bill won't be an automatic 10 and gauvn won't be a 2. but apparently gauvn isn't coming because he has a feud with bill over nothing and thinks that him not showing up will actually mean something so whatever

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
so for all of you guys who dont want to read that long *** post above(most of it was filled with bs anyway) then here is my summary of the tourney.

Brawl + Summary
-falcon is awesome because he can knee stuff
-bill has a good kirby
-foxy is smart but thinks he isnt
Brawl Doubles Summary
-Fiz and Rohan were seeded lowest because they had never placed before
-teams included the likes of Karn+Kieth, Bill+Omni, Seth+Rag, KSK+Shady, Uncle+Phoot, and Gauvin+unknown
-Fiz and Rohan won the tourney
-Rohan was Fox
-Fiz and Rohan are from sp
-Fiz and Rohan were unseeded
-Bill raged
Brawl Singles Summary
-Shady didnt lose on his way to first place
-Karn 3-0ed bill in losers final w/ meta
-Karn split with shady but conceded first because he was coming from losers
-Doubles was again the highlight of the tourney
rofl. best thing you've ever posted.

Top Bottom