• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You know those magic cards that let non-magic users use magic? Found the ideal use for them. Have untransformed laguz land hits with it with paragon and they get like 30-50 exp just for doing 1 damage. Best way to baby Vika <3 (or other laguz) with Rafiel letting me doing twice a turn, level up each turn xD best part its 100% hit rate.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Whelp I'm at the final chapters.. Here are my units that I remember...

1. Marcia- Capped everything (even Luck)
2. Mia - Capped everything but Magic
3. Laura - Capped everything
4. Ilyana - Meh.. capped most stats, just sad at her caps + thunder magic sucking, least she got an A in staves now
5. Vika - capped everything but luck and HP
6. Mist - 1 point away from capped magic and res.. all other stats capped ;-;
7. Gatrie - capped important stats.. I dunno why I'm using him.. Think it was cause i got a bond with Marcia with him but.. they never met in RD..
8. Nephenee - I stopped caring about her half way through the run. She managed to cap the important stats though and magic as well so she gets Imbue. She hasn't really done much for me otherwise.
9. Soren - cause i wanted to do that Soren scene but apparently it didn't count is as a 2nd playthrough. Oh well, Soren is only level 20/12 so he hasn't capped anything yet.. just a filler
10. Nolan - need someone to get Urvan blessed for Ike

Special mention: I got Geoffery to 20/20 but I didn't want to take him to end game cause I didn't really get attached to him like I did with my other units.

I used Shinon but dropped him end game cause well i couldn't fit him.. and wanted to use other chars.

I don't have an axe user this run LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Nolan sucked for me so hard this run, he's sitting at 30 str at level 20/10 and well.. i only brought him to get Urvan blessed.. that's his only use to me. TOO MUCH MAGIC! TOO MUCH LANCE USERS!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
SS is hard if you play on difficult and don't use the tower.

Watching Ryker attempt the Phantom Ship, such a ridiculously hard chapter.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
In order to get the Soren scene, you have to have Ike fight the Black Knight in Chapter 3-7 or whatever it was, and then have Soren attack Pelleas in the final chapter of Part 3, I believe. It's important to either refrain from using Calill's Meteor tome, or have Heather steal the Bolting tome from the mage in Chapter 3-3 as a result, so that Soren has the best possible chance to attack Pelleas. I'm not sure if Soren has to DEFEAT Pelleas, or if he can just attack him; the last time I had them fight, Soren critical'd Pelleas and took him out, and I got the Ike/Soren convo just fine, but this playthrough I'm doing now he just attacked him, no kill. I can confirm if it's ok later.

Then again, if you already knew this, then ignore what I said :p

I'm currently at the tower, after getting as many units to 20/20 as I could. Considering taking some non-royal Laguz units like Volug and Skrimir since I got them to level 36 or so, lol. As for non-Laguz, Geoffrey and Elincia are going so that I can get their A-support ending, I'm definitely bringing Pelleas, Tauroneo is going because he's the last Marshall I have left to take to the tower in any of my playthroughs, Soren to confirm the requirements for the conversation, Leonardo, either Edward or Stefan, and probably Mist or Oliver as a second healer.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
SS is hard if you play on difficult and don't use the tower.

Watching Ryker attempt the Phantom Ship, such a ridiculously hard chapter.
I used the tower to get Amelia to level 1. That was pretty much all of my grinding iirc. Game is cake.

:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Phantom ship isn't cake, I don't even care who you are, Nick. That chapter is absolute ****s if you bring even a SINGLE remotely fragile unit.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I didn't say I didn't know how to get it. I believe I originally read that Soren and Pelleas just have to fight so I think it didn't matter if Pelleas was defeated by Soren. Either way, they still have to live to the end of the game. Not like characters die when you kill them.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I killed Micaiah in 3-7 :> I didn't get to kill Sothe though, i was sad but my wind edge was at 1 use left so I couldn't use it to finish off Micaiah and Sothe :< Killed her with Mia, had Haar kill Meg so Mia could get in. Black Knight was too far fighting Ike to go back and save Micaiah xD

I don't see how phantom ship can be hard.. when you got a decked Vanessa on your team :>

D

Deleted member

yeah SS is a joke on HM pretty much.

most fun ship chapter IMO- POR Trial Map: Trapped

yeah SS is a joke on HM pretty much.

most fun ship chapter IMO- POR Trial Map: Trapped
lol Bonus maps were fun. I got Ena to suck up all the bonus experience on easy mode and rigged it to get at least 4+ stats per level up. Resolve and Vantage on a dragon carrying Ike is pretty good.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Fire Emblem Awakening tops sales charts with 242,600, beating out the top 20 combined, and that doesn't even count the 3DS bundles that were sold.

http://andriasang.com/con0sy/media_create_sales/

Here's how it compares to the lifetime sales of other games, according to Serenesforest.
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/news_post.html
For reference, below are the other Fire Emblem titles' lifetime sales (in Japan).

Dark Dragon and Sword of Light: 329,087
Gaiden: 324,699
Mystery of the Emblem: 776,338
Genealogy of the Holy War: 498,216
Thracia 776: 145,600 (as of 1999)
Sword of Seals: 345,574 (as of 2002)
Blazing Sword: 265,286 (as of 2003)
The Sacred Stones: 233,280 (as of 2004)
Path of Radiance: 156,413 (as of 2005)
Radiant Dawn: 171,924 (as of 2007)
Shadow Dragon: 274,786 (as of 2009)
New Mystery of the Emblem: 247,248 (as of 2010)
Looks like a great start. :3

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
oh...no one has said this yet? Nintendo of America bought the domain name for Fire Emblem :Awakening. Not a concrete announcement but it's looking good.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Matt07

Smash Master
I never played a Fire Emblem game but this one looks sick, and Roy as DLC? Awesome! I'm most likely going to be getting this game.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

lol Bonus maps were fun. I got Ena to suck up all the bonus experience on easy mode and rigged it to get at least 4+ stats per level up. Resolve and Vantage on a dragon carrying Ike is pretty good.
I got oscar to carry ike with earth/earth A support and savior and no weapons to see how much red i could put on the screen.

I got a "C" LOL

I'm sort of pissed off at the art for Micaiah and Roy being a Merc with just red hair.

It's moderate, but I was hoping Roy would get unique Battle animations and such in that he was being paid for. The art for Micaiah though, ugh, does not fit the character.

Edit: Also, friend showed me the soundtrack for the new 3DS game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdNYgHiNg7g
Looking to be godlike.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Whelp i finished my radiant dawn run, must say it was really fun especially the endgame chapters. With SO many healers (I had 4 people would could use fortify) that I didn't even need nihil to finish the game, as I could fortify every turn as it was. Dragon chapter was the hardest chapter for me, as King of dragons was one tough cookie, but with the help of Ena, Marcia (A support with Mia for +3 attack) and Ike (with Urvan) doubled him enough to the point Ilyana saved the day with her thunder magic! Lehran's chapter was too easy, most of my units had 35+ resistance so spirits did nothing, the ones that didn't , i just kept them on the +res squares. Final boss died too fast, Marcia + Mia then had to use Ike. When I saw that the clip didn't start, i knew Ike missed twice -_- Vika did really good work at endgame, I find her better than the hawks since she gets higher resistance and that matters much more end game. I also used Nasir and Gareth, I bexp them to 40 and Nasir capped HP, magic, speed, skill, and resistance. Gareth.. capped str and HP. Nasir should always be bexp'd to 40 imo he's SO useful +5 speed is amazing. Gareth + Ena make a +10 str which makes aura killing much easier. Oh and I brought Rafiel by mistake -_-; he ended up dying due to having dumb low speed but I didn't care, and didn't need him in the end anyways.

Top 10 killers:

Soren 70 kills
Geoffry 79 kills
Vika 86 kills
Laura 99 kills
Ike 107 kills
Gatrie 108 kills
Nephenee 129 kills
Marcia 183 kills
Mia 188 kills
Ilyana 205 kills

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL OMG I DIED WHEN I SAW ILYANA GOT THE MOST, i expected Marcia or Mia to take the cake, but damn, Ilyana too good. Marcia's kill count just shows how much i used her despite how little she's available for. I just love her, she's just so amazing, and lance is definably the best weapon in the game. 1-2 range wishbane and spears are just too good. Pop on nullify and she's good to go. Mia was used because I love Mia with a passion, she's my favorite RD unit to use. Vika and Laura pulling in those end game kills, Gatrie i have no idea got so many kills o_O, Nephenee i didn't even care about, i didn't even use bexp on her, i just tossed her around places and stuff. I probably shouldn't have used her this run..

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
that's hilarious, but ilyana is one of the characters with the best availability, so if you always trained her and used her that's likely to happen :)

unrelated, but i'd kill for a seisen no keifu sequel, even though that's basically impossible. :p

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I underestimated the power of most availability. Cause I used her every single chapter since I decided at the beginning of my run that i will use Ilyana as my main mage.. While she didn't demolish maps (well not as much as Marcia and Mia did) she did work in every single chapter. Just some math real quick...

Kills per chapter (number of kills divided by available chapters, end game final counts as 5 chapters)

Soren 70 kills 18 chapters = 3.8 kills a chapter
Geoffry 79 kills 9 chapters = 8.7 kills a chapter
Vika 86 kills 9 chapters = 9.5 kills a chapter
Laura 99 kills 18 chapters = 5.5 kills a chapter (for someone who can't kill for the first half lol)
Ike 107 kills 18 chapters = 5.94 kills a chapter
Gatrie 108 kills 18 chapters = 6 kills a chapter (that's probably what he did too LOL)
Nephenee 129 kills 19 chapters = 6.79 kills a chapter
Marcia 183 kills 13 chapters 14.07 kills a chapter
Mia 188 kills 18 chapters = 10.4 kills a chapter
Ilyana 205 kills 23 chapters 8.9 kills a chapter

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Damnnn, can't wait for Awakening.

Someone buy me a 3DS plz.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ROY VS IKE! THE DLC OF WHO WILL BE BACK IN SSB4!

Intelligent Systems REALLY making the DLC sound hype. I might have to buy a 3DS at this rate.

And my god that Elincia picture is hawt, when did Fire Emblem become an anime game?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Actually i'm wrong (dear god i need to look up these things before i start posting)

New 3DS: $170. Mixed up 2 and 7

When i see FE:3DS gets a NA release date, i'll probably buy a used 3ds (i stopped caring about new stuff when used stuff works just as well...)

Actually i'm wrong (dear god i need to look up these things before i start posting)

New 3DS: $170. Mixed up 2 and 7

When i see FE:3DS gets a NA release date, i'll probably buy a used 3ds (i stopped caring about new stuff when used stuff works just as well...)
I'm waiting for a possible FE special edition 3DS, never can be too sure.

Top Bottom