• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Looooooooool i always laugh when aether misses. I'm like "man I got edgehogged" every time it misses.

Now just for fun, here is my team from PoR getting transfered into RD:

Ike- capped everything but magic and luck (yes even resistance, fricken invincible mode in RD coming), used a Hp robe on him.

Mia- capped str, skill, speed, and def. had to use 2 skill books on her, but i got seriously def blessed, did not bonus exp abuse except for the last two points since it was close might as well.

Nephenee- capped str, skill, speed, and def, used a dracoshield on her

Marcia- capped str, skill, speed, def. Marcia is my MVP of the run since she capped so early that i just rushed her into the heart of the enemy and she didn't die thanks to full guard. Used a robe on her as well but didnt cap hp

Gatrie- capped str, skill, speed, and def. used two speedwings, speed surprised honestly but when i saw he was 18 speed at level 18, bexp abused to 20. Effing 59 HP is a slap to the face i'm so dumb.

Jill- capped str, skill, speed, and def, used dracoshield to cap def

Soren- capped magic, skill, speed, resistance. Had to use spirit dust to max magic otherwise i just heal slaved soren to 16 then bexp abuse to cap skill, speed, and magic since it was close.

I did use Boyd as an archer (got A in bow) but he didn't reach 20/20 sadly, but i use Nolan anyways. Made me realize how sad i was when crossbows were introduced in RD. i liked using 30 str warriors + silver bow for tons of damage.

Special mentions to helpful units:

Volke and Sothe - chest openings

Mordecai and Muarim- shove and smite is too good. I seriously used 2 units just for shoving in every chapter (did drop to using only 1 shover in last chapters, but 15-25 i was using 2 shovers)

Reyson-cause lets me heal slave on soren more.. And some cool plays as well

Mist-being a better healer than Rhys till Soren got staffs, then you died and i didn't care enough to restart since Mia got a perfect level up that same chapter.

Oscar-cause i'd rather use you over titania in the beginning just cause i want to be efficient with exp, dropped you at 10/0 lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I didn't know stats transferred into RD, because I'm a scrub.
Going to LP the game on HM.
Only Ike had good stats.
What do?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, stats don't transfer exactly to RD, just capped stats give the character +2 (+5HP) to their base stats in RD. weapon experience also gets transfered.

Ike can solo PoR. Bring some heal slaves And meat shields like Muarim and Gartre and let Ike do all the work. Or bexp abuse some units to be able to fight. I find bexp Jill works wonders to get her started. Same with Marcia and Nephenee.. And Mia. Just bexp str/def stats for 2 levels and your golden.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Too lazy to bexp people in PoR.
I just wanna play the game.

Also, am I the only one who dislikes Ike's part in RD? I really liked Dawn Brigade chapters though...
I'm weird.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The one thing i like about the dawn brigade is that i don't care about what happens so i'm using bad units to help finish things faster and don't even care if i get a crappie level up.

Bexp was just to make some units usable, if you gonna be hardcore, then you gonna have to try to kill units with characters you wanna level up.

Either way its slow trying to get someone up to be able to help, bexp is much easier and less time consuming imo.

D

Deleted member

I usually bexp mia to 10, she carries hard in the greil fight chapter with the fort.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That chapter (if its the chapter
Greil dies
) is so hard without bexp usage or lucky level ups. By hard, i mean i have to use Titania >.>

I might consider a no bexp run just for the challenge, but they give you lots of strong units anyways.

I tried vantage > guard combo on Marcia.. Didn't really work as well as i hoped..

I found the early-mid chapters with path of radiance difficult because you got so many endgame good units around that time. However, they were all a bit under leveled and trying to bring in all of them up to par slowed the chapters down.

D

Deleted member

I tried vantage > guard combo on Marcia.. Didn't really work as well as i hoped..
IMO just stick to simple stuff, basically vantage/cancel or I like vantage/resolve but it's best on high skill/speed units for obvious reasons lol

when i play through FE9 I pretty much only use greil mercs, but i also use most of them. ike soren titania oscar boyd mia rhys shinon gatrie volke, skipping mist and rolf. then i add nolan and micaiah in FE10 because they're both horribly stacked and that's pretty much my 12.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
guard is cancel in FE9, but I never got the guard/cancel proc of. I had most success with vantage/wrath since resolve is gotten on the 2nd last chapter >_>

Edit: so i had 1800 bexp.. I used it in geoffery cause paragon meant it was enoug to get him to 20.. And loooool i capped his str, speed, and def (used 1 energy drops since had 2 LOL)

Top 5 for my PoR run:

Marcia 129 kills
Mia 122 kills
Ike 103 kills
Gatrie 99 kills
Boyd 93 kills

What made me laugh is Boyd is level 20/12...

I'm surprised Mia almost was number 1, i thought Marcia hard carried but then gatrie stole like 40 of her kills with provoke.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I've been meaning to bring this up, but does anyone else think its weird that ellwood grows a horse when he promotes lol

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I absolutely hated it so much that i stopped using Eliwood since i first saw him promote

Started RD, Edward gets 4 crits in the prologue.. Wat? edward stop stealing Micaiah's exp

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I kinda wish i used lyn, i am curious what her promote looks like now. Well i guess i will use her in hector mode

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
She looks like a swordmaster

Playing RD right after PoR made me realize how much of an improvement it is. Battle annimations are literally 5 times faster like its not even a problem for me to keep them on. And the battle annimations are really well done and stylish just like the GBA versions. They really did it right in RD. Music is so much better omg the innovation of having longer music and having battles carry off where the music left off makes me feel like the its one long round instead of seperate battles. The fact that battles transition so fast also helps that.

Geez i did not appreciate RD enough when i first played it. I just wish hard mode was more than just cut exp and bexp in half, remove battle save, remove weapon triangle, and remove seeing how far an enemy's range is.

I'll just play normal so i can use more units for fun.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
RD's biggest problem was that they made micaiah an annoyingly flat character who is almost perfect in every way. Maybe if they'd changed the story she could've been more interesting.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Worst part of RD for me was all my units lacking the speed to double.

But maaaaaaybe I'm just spoiled by all the other FE's I've played where doubling is pretty standard for most units.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I love the support system in RD, i just hate how bland the supports are. Being able to support anyone with anyone is so nice, you can make any combination of support circles you want now. Not being able to double happens usually in hard mode, expect RD'd normal mode is hard mode with just more exp and a weapon triangle :|

If i had to choose, i'd rather character development supports thought, i love those more than the gameplay mechanic RD brought.

Also, why does Oliver get his own battle theme? -_-;; i even like it

Because Boss themes are not beautiful enough for Olimar. Holy dang is it awesome though. Supports in FE 3DS to be voiced, even more reason to get the game, even though it was way past that stage the minute it was being developed.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'd use Oliver this run, but i'm already using Marcia and Vika and i can't have only units whO show up at the end

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Cause Lyn is weak and you get a game over if something goes wrong... and you know how fire emblem loves to focus the lords to get that game over

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I play hector mode so that means more lance units which means sword units cry.. since i'm bias towards Guy (in hard mode at least), I tend to ignore Lyn for him.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I play hector mode so that means more lance units which means sword units cry.. since i'm bias towards Guy (in hard mode at least), I tend to ignore Lyn for him.
HNM is so easy though...
HHM... Lyn is still good... even if that mode is stupid.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think its just me wanting to fed the other units kills that i forget about lords since they can't promote.. I even forget that i can use them after they promote..

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I love the support system in RD, i just hate how bland the supports are. Being able to support anyone with anyone is so nice, you can make any combination of support circles you want now. Not being able to double happens usually in hard mode, expect RD'd normal mode is hard mode with just more exp and a weapon triangle :|

If i had to choose, i'd rather character development supports thought, i love those more than the gameplay mechanic RD brought.

Also, why does Oliver get his own battle theme? -_-;; i even like it
I didn't even like the gameplay aspect all that much TBH. Sure, being able to do stuff like match Earth affinities together to make units unhittable was cool, but part of what defined characters in previous games was the set of support options they had. Having it so you can support anybody with anybody removed part of what makes each character unique; having good supports no longer meant anything because everybody had every support. :x

:005:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Roy looks cool.

If we do get this game in NA then I wonder if we would get all the DLC, since some characters obviously have not had their game released here.

Damn it NOA. :mad088:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Roy is always cool.

Tactical genius andwhythehelldon'tyoupromoteuntilchapter22.

Sword of Seals is awesome.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i'm using Ilyana in RD to be a rebel cause i love thunder magic and wanted to use more than just Nolan, Micaiah and Jill.

Top Bottom