• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Haar can't double end game cause his speed cap doesn't allow him too.

He can double early-mid onwards with just 1-2 speed level ups.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sadly my game stalls whenever the animation for wyvern riders shows up, so I can't promote those 2. Otherwise I would have used them, for sure.
Have you tried turning the attack animations off? I know you can adjust animations for each character, and I'm pretty sure there are 3 different settings for displaying battles in that game.

Now I feel like giving Hard mode a try. I really haven't gotten around to completely it on hard mode yet.
The Dawn Brigade chapters are really unforgiving in Hard Mode. You have been warned. :x

:005:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I'm not a big console FE guy, but Haar is awesome.

That is all.

Are the KO counts on Brigades chapters in part 3 increased at all from normal mode at all?
I can't seem to find information on that anywhere.

D

Deleted member

The Dawn Brigade chapters are really unforgiving in Hard Mode. You have been warned. :x
I'm a big fan of the swamp. Part 1 HM already says "memorize this chapter" but the swamp really conveys how much the game can hate you out really at any moment.

i do appreciate that they left the turn 3 autowin in 2-F untouched though.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Are the KO counts on Brigades chapters in part 3 increased at all from normal mode at all?
I can't seem to find information on that anywhere.
I can't remember; it's been too long since I've played. :x I feel like they probably have, but that's just a guess...

I'm a big fan of the swamp. Part 1 HM already says "memorize this chapter" but the swamp really conveys how much the game can hate you out really at any moment.

i do appreciate that they left the turn 3 autowin in 2-F untouched though.
The swamp chapter says "**** wyverns". :glare:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Kill count i think is the same... But i haven't played FE10 in a long time.. And never played normal mode besides the first time i played RD. this is just what i'm trying to remember

camerino1

Smash Lord
Yes, I have them off. It's just that when units promote, you see their animations, so those 2 are the only units that can't promote. Everyone else is fine, and those 2 can attack because I have battle animations off, but I can't promote them.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the kill-count is higher, yeah. I love those 2 chapters so much, the DB chapters in part 3 are amazing~

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yes, I have them off. It's just that when units promote, you see their animations, so those 2 are the only units that can't promote. Everyone else is fine, and those 2 can attack because I have battle animations off, but I can't promote them.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the kill-count is higher, yeah. I love those 2 chapters so much, the DB chapters in part 3 are amazing~
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh I forgot about that. DX That's really unfortunate.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Sp dping pretty well in my fe7 run, but is it normal for my team to pretty much boil down to 5 or 6 useful characters (healer not being counted here) then a bunch of filler?

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I think i got the other good units since i am at mission 26 i just didnt realize how good they r till recently.

My theif is at lvl 20 but i still dont have the item to promote him, any idea when and where i get his item?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
If you unlock the side quest on chapter 26 by saving both jaffar and nino (keeping jaffar and nino alive, and then having nino talk to jaffar before the end of the chapter after recruiting her), you'll unlock a side quest. the boss has a fell contract which can promote your thief to assassin. then again, you'll get jaffar too, who is actually pretty good. take your pick and see which of them you like more.

p.s. jaffar is pretty good. arguably one of the best pre-promoted units in the game.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Jaffer is the 2nd best prepromote in usefulness in normal mode..

In hard mode harken sees some use if Raven turned out bad. Gietz is usable.. (dem HHM bonuses)

Every pre-promoted unit is good in FE7. Maybe not Karla though, or wallace. Other than that, the rest are good bases and have moderate growths.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I played Harken my first time playing through the game, and he actually had good level ups for the most part. He turned out better than he should have, so I wasn't disappointed in him at all.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Wow, Erk is so bad.

Seriously. I wanted him to not suck so much, and then...he sucked chode. Must be because he's not an Etrurian noble, even Serra turned out better.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Seems that Famitsu gave the new FE 9/9/9/9 as its review scores. Sounds... promising.
Hopefully the game really is that good and it's not Famitsu being Famitsu.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I guess i need to check my erk's stats but he feels pretty good. When i play hector mode i think i am going to use the dark magic guy instead. Is he any good?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Canas is good =D

Unfortunately he doesn't get hard mode bonuses, but he's reasonably good no matter which mode you use him in.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This is true for me. I think I only had one playthrough when he didn't get screwed over so bad.

EDIT: Yay a classes video.
dark mage is a girl

instant like.

Krom uses lances on promotion..

VILLAGERS FIGHT NOW? LOL, they swing that log like its nothing! I hope they don't steal exp

Assassins use bows now

we now have Griffins in FE

I REALLY HOPE WE GET TO USE DARK PEGASUS

Dark knights (horseback).. LOTS OF physical + magic users in this game!

Grandmaster is the foot unit of magic + sword

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
3rd tiers are replaced with class changing. you basically want to level up multiple classes on a unit to learn class specific skills. Dunno if there will be other benefits from it, but there is the strategy now of using classes that are much better early game then switching them into late game classes.

Biggest question is how will stat caps work.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Currently very conflicted.

I'm in Chapter 4-4 in Radiant Dawn, have been for a while because of stupid things happening and causing me to not want to play (Crits, come onnnnnnnnnn).

Everything is going well this time. 15 turns in, and lots of enemies are getting warped in. Group of 4 mages spawn, but they're far away from being able to cause immediate harm. Tormod, Muarim, and Vika are all being sheltered by the good units.

WELL, THIS IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE ACCORDING TO THE FIRE EMBLEM GODS.

One of the mages has a meteor. It targets Tormod, hits for 18 damage.

Twice.

Tormod was SO SLOW he got hit by Meteor...TWICE...in one round...and died.

I am currently struggling with my desire to just finish this ****ing chapter (lots of my units have gotten good levels, too...) and my OCD of "NO UNIT MUST DIE, REGARDLESS OF THEIR WORTH!"

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Edit: **** 'em, if Tormod had grown big and strong like Ike and Sothe, he wouldn't have died. To hell with his wimpy Beorc-***.

D

Deleted member

I took some ****ing STACKED units into 4-4 HM (max ike/soren A, maxed titania/oscar A with with savior, nailah) and that chapter was still hard.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I honestly didn't have any problems in HM with the units I took in (after Part 1 that is, those chapters are just dumb). It was still a cakewalk through parts 2 and 3, Greil mercs took care of themselves, and dawn brigade kinda just sucked, but not badly enough for me to lose anybody. By the time part 4 came around, everybody I used was leveled enough to make clearing things fairly straightforward. Endgame was just taking it slow, etc.

edit: one of my favorite part 4 combinations (not admittedly a very good one, but one I like a lot anyway) is Shinon/Gatrie/Micaiah/Sanaki. micaiah and sanaki are actually kinda good together, especially with micaiah's staves and sanaki's full weapon triangle control. their gains are very imbalanced, so they'll cap mag/res/luck pretty easily and they can then be patched up with bexp a bit. They tactically don't work well as a pair, but they work great (and can be trained quite easily) with defensive pair like Shinon and Gatrie, who can both soak up hits and draw attacks from squishy magic users. obv the weapon triangle stuff doesn't matter in hard mode, but it's basically the same idea.

Which are you doing Normal or Hard? And Tormod has celerity, that's a skill you want to take off all the way back in part 1.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
The thing i hate most about FE10 is that laguz system is completely dumb.
It is dumb. Transform gauge fills up slowly and depletes quickly. I wish they kept the Demi Band. IIRC, its penalties weren't as bad as Wildheart's.

So I'm looking through the classes again and I notice something. Promoted flying units don;t use swords anymore. Falcon Knights use staves and lances now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

/wrist

but their usefulness skyrockets as Pegasus healers are the best kind of healers you can get.

But i love swords on them ;-;

Top Bottom