• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I thought someone here said hector was op so i thought he was the best. But which 2 cavaliers do u guys suggest? Sain,kent, or green hair guy?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

:phone:

camerino1

Smash Lord
Well yeah, Hector is OP, but Dart comes along and is really good too. Hector is a lord though, not quite the same thing. Also, my best is usually Lowen. Sain and Kent is just dependant on your current playthrough and which is better right now. They're generally interchangable.

D

Deleted member

Mia is my favorite unit in FE.
same, by a lot.

i wanted to see how much fun i could get out of her from sheer boredom. i max all of her stats by 4-5, gave her a fire/fire support with boyd. the +str is obvious for her, but I needed the +hit as well because i gave her resolve and gamble. from there i intentionally put her into awful positions because it's funny. I also gave her a custom sword near endgame with 18 might, 115 hit, 20 crit, 5 weight (silver sword, max bonuses, ashera card) which took ****ing forever.

she's also the only character i could use to take down my 20/20/5 max stat nolan with adept and resolve active without insta-dying. apparently you can activate gamble and nihil can't stop it. this was in 3-F, right after I used nolan to take out maxed out A supported soren and ike. lol

<3 this character.

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k206/UmbreonMow/?action=view&current=Mia.jpg

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k206/UmbreonMow/?action=view&current=mia-1.jpg

lots of forged swords, but those aren't that good one i mentioned above, just other ones.

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k206/UmbreonMow/?action=view&current=mia_1.jpg

this took FOREVER

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k206/UmbreonMow/?action=view&current=Picture68.jpg

a professional commission i had done. i have 3 others but this is the only one i have readily online. the original artist uploaded it to her deviantart account as well, but I have the only actual drawing.

Umbreon for die-hard fan. I have not see anyone bust out pictures of a character for the whole 2 hours I have lurked this thread in the last week.

Anyway, on this page addressing...
-Haars lack of doubling without speedwing is bothersome. I want to use it on other characters, but he always gets screwed over in his speed stat.

-They are boring to train, but its usually satisfying to use staffs later in the game to do cool stuff. No idea why, but I always liked the troubadour/valkyrie class. I usually train one of them, good thing they are usually decent. Clarine, Priscilla, Nanna, Mist, etc.

-As for a team in Fire Emblem, you should probably settle around 11-12 units to consistently train. In Normal mode, I believe that's the regular deployment number. you can always swap out a unit here or there if you need it. Say you need a thief for a chapter or an extra healer. Stuff like that. I'd prefer Lyn promoted as an archer or Rebecca. Rath isn't too bad either due to reduced terrain cost on sand, forest, etc., but I like the others better.

-Back to Umbreon, I guess I sort of lack a favorite character. There is not really any character I like that performs badly. But, if I had to guess, it might probably be a pegasus knight, troubadour/valkyrie, or Ike.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Edward is my all-time favourite character. He's just good, and he's funny at times as a character. I've gotten him to max everything but magic, but that's okay because he really doesn't need magic :p

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ok so now i am trying to make a group with what i have atm (i am at the bonus mission chapter 16). So atm people on my team : eliwood, lowen, hector, oswin, matthew, priscilla.. maybe erk. Now i am thinking of going no archer and replacing guy with raven. This mission u can only use 9 but for a mission with 11/12 i plan on also using sain,florina.

How does this sound so far? Any suggestions?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ok so now i am trying to make a group with what i have atm (i am at the bonus mission chapter 16). So atm people on my team : eliwood, lowen, hector, oswin, matthew, priscilla.. maybe erk. Now i am thinking of going no archer and replacing guy with raven. This mission u can only use 9 but for a mission with 11/12 i plan on also using sain,florina.

How does this sound so far? Any suggestions?

All units are pretty good for now.

Archers shouldn't be used in fe7, just use mages as your range chars. Thry aren't useful like in fe10

Favorite fire emblem character for me... Farina.. I just love pegasus knights.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Really archers r not usefull, o well good to know i guess. I plan on only using erk and not the light mage atm. When do Pegasus knights get good? B/c atm she is kinda weak and fragile and i am finding her hard to use. And oswin is a pimp

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Florina is one of those units you shoulda leveled up in lyn's mode or she's gonna be harder to use. She's a flyer, so use her for objectives.

Archers are not that terrible. In normal modes, your not going to be penalized or anything for using them. Really the only arguments I have heard of against them are they cannot do much during over the course of the map as much as other units can. They get to attack once during your phase, then can only attack indirect enemies after that. Unless your going for some ranked or low-turn count, then they are fine to use.

I guess the other thing is that bows are the most expensive, but again, if you do not care about any of that stuff... Archers are fine to use. But, oswin is indeed as you say.

Pegasus Tier List
1. Marcia (Fe9)
2. Est (Fe1)
3. Thany (Fe6)
4. Fury (Fe4)
5. Karin (Fe5)
6. Farina (Fe7)
7. Elincia (Fe9)
8. Florina (Fe7)
9. Shiida (Fe1)
10. Catria (Fe1)
11. Fiora (Fe7)
12. Tate (Fe6)
13. Tana (Fe8)
14. Palla (Fe1)
15. Vanessa (Fe8)
16. Fee (Fe4)
17. Misha (Fe5)
18. Tanith (Fe9)
19. Syrene (Fe8)
20. Sigrun (Fe10)
21. Juno (Fe6)
22. Clea (Fe2)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ah, cause she's not useful in fe9 (besides like the final chapter if you need a healer) but fe10 she's the best fricken healer

D

Deleted member

yeah, elincia is pretty stacked lol.

i liked fiora much better than florina. you also get her right before the chapter with kishuna so she's so easy to level.

anyone who says archers are bad clearly has never used rebecca.

edit: lol imbue. imbue + ena = broken. 70 HP / 40 mag / 40 def / 40 res / earth affinity. only boss that can outright kill her doesn't attack her. seems fair.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Not that rebecca isn't a good unit (though in hard mode its really hard for me to use her) but archers themselves are bad. Fixed in FE10

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm not the biggest fan of archers, but I liked to have at least one when I played.

They tended to be very useful in knocking an enemy's health down in situations where I wanted to give someone else a kill iirc.

Or to kill flying units.

TL?

Smash Ace
Archers are terrible. Saying they're alright because they're usable when not trying to play the game well is a strange argument. It's almost kind of admitting they're so bad. Sure they're usable, it's just almost every other class is better in most of the games.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
^Sums up my experience with all my archers thus far.

Leo sucked until he hit about level 16, where he started doubling things for over 12 damage a pop. Rolf and Shinon came as Snipers, so I was most pleased when I received them.

I've finally hit Part 4 in FE10. The prologue was HELL. I was not expecting to need 5 walling characters to deal with an onslaught of Paladins when I was dividing up all the units. I really have no idea how I made it. I had Nolan with me and I gave him Paragon, and he ended up going from a Level 8 Warrior to a Level 1 Reaver by the time the Paladin rush was over. Everyone else I had brought with me gained a ton of levels as well.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Wow, that's some good playing you must have been pulling off. A level 8 Warrior Nolan at part 4 prologue should be almost unusable. What were some other units you had and their levels?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I had about a level 10 Edward, a level 10 Aran, a level 12 or 13 Meg, and a level 8 Sothe who ended up level 20 for the forced promotion. Micaiah stayed in the back and healed, adding some extra damage when it was safe, and I had Laura around as well (she was a level 3 Saint). I avoided using the Laguz, Sigrun (cuz I didn't want to use her anyways), Tanith(promoted to Seraph Knight), and Laura for battle because I didn't want them to leech Exp. Well, except for that one time they warped a sword master behind my walls. Then all bets were off and he needed to DIE DIE DIE.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I always wall with the laguz in that level, they're always my support on the eastern wall. I put Laura, Leo, Edward and Nolan at the north, and then I put evenyone else east. I'll switch up Sothe and Micaiah dependant on the situation I'm stuck in, but generally I do put them north as well.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
The only time I like using archer characters are two specific opportunities:

1: Rebecca/Nino A support (lol =D)
2: Turning Shinon into a tank in RD

Other than that, their inability to counterattack (except in RD) makes them support chars at best, since they're still very helpful in training other units. On ranked runs, you won't waste time training chars that are hard to train, but..........AHH the full stat bars call out to me!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
My God, so many posts, no time to respond to them all.

Archers suck, though I do love Rebeccas, Florina > Farina > Fiora, Sain > Kent > Lowen, Edward's a boner, more people should use Jill, Nolan's a monster with a free amazing Axe (Bless Tarvos, give Urvan to Haar/Jill).

Among other things.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Edward rocks, I prefer Wil, Farina is my favourite Peg in the series next to Tana, my Lowen was an amazing tank, Nolan works with any good axe, but Tarvos is end-game viable with its defence uping.

D

Deleted member

**** that, i gave urvan to ike. aether looks awesome forever.

actually i gave it to boyd. you get the idea though.

mia/boyd = fun forever.

More people should use Jill, Raziek?

She's okay. Her low strength is such annoying barrier to overcome early in the game. Level 14, only ELEVEN strength. I always have to give her a forged axe in order to do anything. Too little strength with the weaker axes to kill units in one round when doubling. The heavier axes prevent her from doubling anything to one round KO it.

Only once she finally gets closer to 3rd tier promotion time she starts to wreck everything for me. But, flying gets over any ill will towards her :3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Jill and Haar were both really frustrating for me early on because of their respective weaknesses (Haar couldn't double, Jill was too weak). Haar eventually made up for it with a couple bonus levels, putting his speed back up to par, but Jill never really made the cut for me.

@camerino: I had Edward in the thicket, Meg, and Aran on the eastern wall, with Sothe and Nolan holding the northern wall. Sothe pretty much just stalled the Warriors while using a Bronze Dagger because he couldn't handle a paladin rush, while Nolan cleared the Paladins away with Tarvos (god bless that +4 defense).

D

Deleted member

you guys are nuts, when i saw haar's base stats i **** myself.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I love everything about Haar except his speed growth. The same way I love everything about Rhys except his speed growth. And I can almost even extend this feeling towards Micaiah.

They'd be SO good if they had more speed. ;_;

I also think it's kind of an issue when your Generals/Marshals are hitting twice per round, and your other units are getting hit twice per round. >_>

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I wish I knew...

Gatrie is a MONSTER though. He's so ridiculously powerful that when I set him up as part of a wall with Provoke, he simply tears through enemy after enemy on the other phase because he hits twice for over 20 damage, all while dodge tanking (lol) or taking no damage hits.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
you guys are nuts, when i saw haar's base stats i **** myself.
this

he has literally everything he needs, and bexp patches up his slightly lower speed and res

I haven't had a Haar not cap Str/Skl/Spd/Def ever at full 3rd tier. Same for Jill...she needs an axe with lower weight to take advantage of her speed in 1st tier and get the first few levels, but after she promotes to wyvern lord she can handle everything that comes her way. They are arguably two of the best units in the game, good coverage with weapons, axes are dirt cheap, hell they even support together and boost each other's Avoid/Def/Accuracy, which is a good defensive mix.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Sadly my game stalls whenever the animation for wyvern riders shows up, so I can't promote those 2. Otherwise I would have used them, for sure.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I did patch Haar up with Bexp, and he is currently one of my best units. He even takes Elthunders like a champ.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but my Jill problem never really ended up getting fixed. I had her leveled to 20/8, and she was still very lacking in Strength, and hitting twice for around 8 damage isn't terribly good, especially since she couldn't make a very sturdy wall, either.

Now I feel like giving Hard mode a try. I really haven't gotten around to completely it on hard mode yet.

No idea about Cord in Fe11. There are far too many combinations of characters to use in that game.

D

Deleted member

this

he has literally everything he needs, and bexp patches up his slightly lower speed and res

I haven't had a Haar not cap Str/Skl/Spd/Def ever at full 3rd tier. Same for Jill...she needs an axe with lower weight to take advantage of her speed in 1st tier and get the first few levels, but after she promotes to wyvern lord she can handle everything that comes her way. They are arguably two of the best units in the game, good coverage with weapons, axes are dirt cheap, hell they even support together and boost each other's Avoid/Def/Accuracy, which is a good defensive mix.
I haven't used jill or haar in FE10, mostly because i just prefer foot units. But I understand why they're bonkers. my axe users always end up @ nolan, boyd, and ike if you even want to count him. i'm just a big fan of the reavers in general.

Top Bottom