• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

It sounds like you can just go on without him. Erk is not really needed for the next couple of chapters (especially if your playing Eliwood or Hector Normal) until you get Lucius or Canas. He helps knock out a cavalier or knight, but other than that your units can deal with those chapters. The only permanent loss is the goddess icon he had. I say move on. I hate the feeling of having to restart a chapter when you feel everything went right until you forgot one thing like 2-3 chapters previous.

I typically end up rotating due to HHMs lousy deployment anyway. But, too often I get caught having to use my better units in order to get the chapter finished in a number of turns or to get a particular treasure and stuff.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
About marcus, atm i am just putting him near the item tent to protect it. I dont send him out to do stuff anymore. Also Matthew is pretty awesome he dodges everything while always attacking twice.

Anyway now i am not sure what to do restart or not?

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well restarting isn't important since this is Eliwood normal mode so you can pretty much use whoever besides prepromotes (minue Pent) and you'll be fine.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Mercenary/hero. Uses swords, promoted can use axes too. Very balanced class stat wise, very good unit, considered best unit in the game in hard mode. In normal, anyone can be good usually.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ok so after thinking about it and feeling kinda ocd about missing people, i have decided to deal with it. I am playing this without a walk through so i am going to make mistakes but thats fine. When/if i play hard mode i will make sure to get all the units i will miss this time around

camerino1

Smash Lord
Lucius and Raven are 2 of the best units in the game, and they are worth going back for if you ask me... I know though that I like light magic more than most people do. But yeah, Raven kinda breaks the game a bit.

Edit: I didn't use Raven on my first playthrough, I used Harken for some reason. Harken isn't bad, his bases make up for the mediocre growths. I also didn't mind that his con was a little better than Raven, because Raven is small for a merc, he can't use the blades without losing speed.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Like i said i missed him and i am going to have to live with it. U guys r kinda making me 2nd guess myself now which is disheartening and is really taking the air out of my conviction. People have said it doesnt matter unless its hard mode, but i do kinda wish i had a mage b/c atm owsin (or whatever his name is) is the only think i have that can take down heavy armored people. (And marcus but i am trying not to use him that much)

Oh man, after reading the serene forest page, I am simply hyped up for FE 3DS. I usually am never hyped but man the My Unit and Dual system just sounds extremely awesome.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Light magic sucks, worst magic in the game. Too heavy (as is all magic), most light magic users have low con, lowest weapon damage..

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
You haven't seen a single actual tier list for any game, have you.

Just... just go to serenesforums.net, I can guarantee you they'll ream your supposed claims of any worth whatsoever. PEMN and whatnot.

EDIT: Ah, here is FE8's No Seth Tier List. Yes, they added a No Seth Tier List because he makes THAT much of a difference.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26257

And FE7's-

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15261

Now keep in mind this site is full of people who are mostly not lolicons and won't have their sexual tastes influence the perception of a unit's value. ;)

EDIT EDIT: Apologies, the FE7 one was apparently outdated or something. Ah well, here's an S Rank list to keep you occupied.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19563
Just wondering, how does a tier list for this game get outdated?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Just like brawl gets outdated, people discover new ways to use a character, or realize some are overrated.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
It just seems like since u can look at max stats and growth figuring out a tier list wouldnt be that hard. But what do i know i am new to this series.

So 2 questions

1: i got something that gives plus 2 to skill who uses the skill stat? Does the thief?

2: if i like fe7 (atm i am a little addicted but not sure if i like) what should be the next fe game i look into playing? I know 8 is a sequel but everyone seems to say its really easy so not sure on that. Also which one is roy in (i know which ones marth is in)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It just seems like since u can look at max stats and growth figuring out a tier list wouldnt be that hard. But what do i know i am new to this series.

So 2 questions

1: i got something that gives plus 2 to skill who uses the skill stat? Does the thief?

2: if i like fe7 (atm i am a little addicted but not sure if i like) what should be the next fe game i look into playing? I know 8 is a sequel but everyone seems to say its really easy so not sure on that. Also which one is roy in (i know which ones marth is in)

Fe7s tier list is almost entirely defined by how useful a unit is when you get them followed by how useful they will remain. There are some outliers, characters who arrive late but are still good but for the most part overall usefulness is what defines character tiering.

FE8 on the other hand is ********. Despite what people want to pretend growth rates define how useful any given character is in FE8 because its entirely possible to grind any character up on any difficulty. Made even more ******** if you RNG abuse. Units are no longer tiered as individuals at that point but by overall caps(aka specific class) since you can cap everything on everyone if you want.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Also which one is roy in
FE6 has Roy. Sword of Seals. http://serenesforest.net/fe6/

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of starting a FE6 hard mode run, any tips?

I will not be rushing through it, just playing every now and then. I'll probably try to relearn all the menus and stuff first because my Japanese is almost nonexistent right now, so I will not be starting right away either. :/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
FE6 has Roy. Sword of Seals. http://serenesforest.net/fe6/

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of starting a FE6 hard mode run, any tips?

I will not be rushing through it, just playing every now and then. I'll probably try to relearn all the menus and stuff first because my Japanese is almost nonexistent right now, so I will not be starting right away either. :/
Get a damn english patch.

So 2 questions

1. Everyone uses skill. Skill is you hit rate. I recommend giving it to a unit who misses a bit (usually axe users like Dart has such a bad skill growth) Hector wouldn't be a bad choice to give to either if you want to make him OP sooner, but he usually does fine without skill boosters. FE8 is not a sequel to FE7, the sequel is FE6. FE8 is in its own universe.

2. Roy is in FE6, as stated earlier.

Don't forget lowest mag cap lol. Also FE7 isn't too heavy in dark magic enemies so light isn't the strongest in the triangle. And Luna is just......yanno
Unless you include the all S rank magic user you get in the end of the final chapter in some games. There is only 1 use for light magic, and that's in FE8 and fast tower clearing with bishop.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Use your namesake. But I'm sure you already knew that.

I'm a few chapters into a FE6 Hard Mode run myself (my first run). So far, I'm using Alance (though Lance is already turning out WAY better than Alan for me), Rutger, Dieck, Lugh, and Clarine. Of the first 5 chapters, the hardest parts for me have been the beginning of chapter 4 (you get swarmed with mounted units that are all fairly difficult to kill) and the end of chapter 5 (forced deployment of all your weak units + a large number of enemies with ranged attack and/or very high attack coming at you from all sides + getting reamed by the RNG repeatedly is a really painful combination). I'm kind of lucky because my Lance got very solid Def gains and WTFBROKEN Spd gains (he has like, 15 Spd at lvl 10), so I have a fantastic defensive unit that also doubles fairly often, which was a huge help in Chapter 4 in particular. If you don't get so lucky, weakening stuff with Marcus will probably be a necessity if you don't want to get overwhelmed. (even with my godly Lance, Marcus' Silver Lance has been a godsend at times) In general, take your time and don't do anything risky, and pay close attention to attack speeds. There are some surprisingly speedy enemies; early chapter 4 has a few nomads that were capable of doubling units I was actually using, like Alan, Roy, and Lugh. Never underestimate the damage a single unit can do; their stats are frustratingly high at times. =/

I've also been taking time at the end of each chapter to build my supports (Alan/Lance/Roy triangle, Rutger/Dieck/Clarine triangle, and Lugh/Chad B), and I'd recommend doing the same because they can be very handy. I'm usually very OCD about not using good weapons, but I'm using things like Silver Lances and Killing Edges a lot more liberally than normal if the situation calls for it. For example, when I had 2 nomads on me in chapter 5, Rutger was the only one who could double attack them, but his Iron Sword wasn't enough to ORKO either one. Nomads are ****s, so I just took the Killing Edge to one of them just to get rid of it ASAP. IDK about you, but I'd normally just do without in normal runs to "save them for later", and I would not recommend that here. I'm treating this as much like FE7's HHM as I can.

:005:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Omg I have that same OCD, must kill everything with iron and steel weapons!

I cringe using my free killing edge, even more because my iron/steel weapon broke and the edge was next in line.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
On my previous (and first) FE6 run, I wasn't aware that you didn't have access to the preparation screen between the last and second-last chapters. Because of this, the only legendary weapons I used at all were the Sword of Seals (because it seemed kinda necessary for Roy) and Apocalypse (because there are like, 4 Dark tomes in the game, so Ray had an empty slot for it). Every other weapon went completely untouched because I was "saving" everything for the very end. If the final was actually difficult, I would've been screwed. :x

And yeah, I die a little on the inside every time I waste a good weapon's uses like that. XD

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ok so now learning what skill is, and with my other mistakes i think i am going to start playing from my chap 7 save file. Its not that much to catch up to where i am

camerino1

Smash Lord
The only game I've played a HM runthrough on is Radiant Dawn. I still used all of the Dawn Brigade because I'm a glutton for punishment, but that was some intense stuff at times. I swear, I almost rage-quit that a few times. I'm just gonna stick to normal on that one from now on because that got so stupid...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Get a damn english patch.
I can't patch a GBA cartridge. :054:

I don't really feel like going out of my way to obtain the game with the patch. :/

Use your namesake. But I'm sure you already knew that.

I'm a few chapters into a FE6 Hard Mode run myself (my first run). So far, I'm using Alance (though Lance is already turning out WAY better than Alan for me), Rutger, Dieck, Lugh, and Clarine. Of the first 5 chapters, the hardest parts for me have been the beginning of chapter 4 (you get swarmed with mounted units that are all fairly difficult to kill) and the end of chapter 5 (forced deployment of all your weak units + a large number of enemies with ranged attack and/or very high attack coming at you from all sides + getting reamed by the RNG repeatedly is a really painful combination). I'm kind of lucky because my Lance got very solid Def gains and WTFBROKEN Spd gains (he has like, 15 Spd at lvl 10), so I have a fantastic defensive unit that also doubles fairly often, which was a huge help in Chapter 4 in particular. If you don't get so lucky, weakening stuff with Marcus will probably be a necessity if you don't want to get overwhelmed. (even with my godly Lance, Marcus' Silver Lance has been a godsend at times) In general, take your time and don't do anything risky, and pay close attention to attack speeds. There are some surprisingly speedy enemies; early chapter 4 has a few nomads that were capable of doubling units I was actually using, like Alan, Roy, and Lugh. Never underestimate the damage a single unit can do; their stats are frustratingly high at times. =/

I've also been taking time at the end of each chapter to build my supports (Alan/Lance/Roy triangle, Rutger/Dieck/Clarine triangle, and Lugh/Chad B), and I'd recommend doing the same because they can be very handy. I'm usually very OCD about not using good weapons, but I'm using things like Silver Lances and Killing Edges a lot more liberally than normal if the situation calls for it. For example, when I had 2 nomads on me in chapter 5, Rutger was the only one who could double attack them, but his Iron Sword wasn't enough to ORKO either one. Nomads are ****s, so I just took the Killing Edge to one of them just to get rid of it ASAP. IDK about you, but I'd normally just do without in normal runs to "save them for later", and I would not recommend that here. I'm treating this as much like FE7's HHM as I can.

Yeah that sounds good, nothing beyond what I normally do. I don't care about rank so I will level up my supports at the end of chapters and I'm not afraid to spend money on good items.

Rutger will probably be my star unit baring any RNG problems and I will use those units you mentioned, but I'd like to know about what other unit I should use, I'd like to avoid some of the bias I normally play with.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
In addition to what I already have, I'm planning on adding Ray (for additional magic + support with Lugh), Shin (bows are cool for Wyverns and he has great offensive stats + HM bonuses), Gonzales (axe user with HM bonusus), and Miredy (flyer, not all that difficult to train). I'm worried my team might wind up a little too big, and some of these units do have their own problems (like Gonzales' piss-poor Skl), but this will give me a fairly well-rounded team of units that are considered somewhere between OK and great for hard mode. I like using Zeiss as well, and he has solid HM bonuses, but I feel like the effort needed to train him in Hard Mode might not be worth it. I typically use Chad as well, but training earlygame thieves is a pain in Hard Mode, so I'm just having him do what he needs to do for now, and I'll pick up Astol when he comes along. I heard Percival is great in Hard Mode too (RNG-proof Paladin with HM bonuses), so he might be worth looking into. I don't use as many pre-promotes as a lot of the debater-types seem to, so I might be overlooking some units there.

Edit: Just looked up Percival's HM averages. Fairly certain I'll be using him now. o.0 His defences are better than that of both Lance and Alan, and though his Skl lags slightly, his Str and Spd are both great. He doesn't really have any major weaknesses, he caps HP, has great weapon levels, and requires no training. What more could you want...?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, I'm doing a Normal run since it's my first time actually playing through the game.

She started off extremely solid, with good Hit and avoid, and she's a Swordmaster. She leveled up a bit, and at the moment she's at level 10 with high Str, Skill, Speed, and Defense. She has 28 Attack with a Steel Sword, and 183 Hit, so she NEVER MISSES EVER. And she has 102 Avoid.

Skillwise, I gave her Adept and Cancel, so she pretty much murders anything that comes her way. Since she starts with Vantage, I've found that she's oftentimes had Adept/Cancel activate before the enemy can even attack, and she crits ALL the time. So she basically murders everything that crosses her path. It's so beautiful.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My Mia in RD defied Murphay's Law. She dodges attacks that woulda killed her multiple times in a row.. I'm like holding my finger on start button getting ready to just rage restart but NOPE *dodge dodge dodge dodge*

Favorite unit in RD.. Haar.. cause I like fliers... utter sadness that Vika has no availability cause she would be my number 1 unit to use otherwise.

Speaking of FE10, I really really really hope that they tone down mastery skills cause I hated nihil and its requirement to live basically.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Haar demolishes early-late mid game. But end game he falls off due to being unable to double. Still, just give him a brave weapon end game and its k.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I pretty much require a unit to be able to double for me to like it. I HATE it when a unit is too slow to attack twice.

Or in Rhys' case, so slow he GETS doubled by the enemy.

Rhys makes me so mad.

Edit: The exception to this rule would be my Armors/Generals, whom I only expect to make amazing walls.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I never use staff only classes. My main healer is a sage or druid. Weapon tomes made it even easier to do it. I do use them early on but once i get a a promoted magic user boom i drop them like hot pockets out of a mircowave.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So i caved, went back to the old save file and got the two i missed. Now i need to decided who not to use and atm i picked marcus and the guy from lyns story who uses an axe. (I mean 3 axe users is a bit to much).

Also i always was under the impression that all fe games took place in the same world just at vastly different time periods so they didnt connect

camerino1

Smash Lord
Marcus and Dorcas might be the best choice, yeah. I've never used Bartre though, only ever used Dorcas, and his speed never turned out hooooooorrible. His 20% growth rate though isn't a good thing :p

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Besides people giving u money and selling things like the red orb, how do u get money in this game?

Also why would they give u 3 axe users at once. I mean u get 3 (whatever kent is) but they use 2 types of weapons and r much faster and overall seem more useful/diverse

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Man now i am having trouble deciding on a team. I am thinking about dropping the other axe guy and only keeping hector. I want to use at least two cavaliers. And i want to have a pegsus knight as well, but i cant fit everyone, not sure what to do, how useful is a archor?

camerino1

Smash Lord
I like archers, most people don't though and would say to just wait for Rath. Rath is really good though, so it might be worth the wait, but I like Wil more than Rebecca. Neither of them are bad though if you decide you want to use them.

Hector is better than Bartre, and Dart is the best axe user in this game, so it isn't a bad idea to just switch out Bartre for good and wait for Dart, considering it's your first playthrough.

Top Bottom