• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

D

Deleted member

swords suck. you can have a high crit% makes up for the loss of 1-2 range in some ways but a unit thats functionally defensive more than mixed just leads to RNG screw and restarts more than anything else unless that unit is particularly tough on top of the usual evasion (looking at you, eirika). if anything, that's why alondite is so ridiculous in that it solves 2 problems for swordmasters, the range and the reliance on crits).

i'll stick to my javelines and throwing axes, thanks.

lyn's killing bow is acceptable too i guess.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
swords were beast when units used Con to determine weapon encumbrance. After that...their lack of range puts them at a disadvantage compared to the others, but i still feel prefer them because hit/crit rates are your true gods.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Erk can get RNG screwed easily?
Looks like my Erk was good back when I played FE7, well slightly above average, and I guess he was a main part of my team considering he is a lv.20 Sage.

Well I decided to start FE7 again instead, just so I can sort of ease myself back into FE before attempting FE6 hard mode, and this way I'll go through and unlock Hector Hard Mode. :/

So I guess this is good to know, though I'm not too concerned about this run so I'll probably just use whatever units that seem to work at the moment.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Being likely to be RNG screwed also means you can be RNG blessed since its not that you have a bad growth rate, its just average meaning it can tip to bad or good.

People are just unlucky and well thats how it usually is in fire emblem, bad luck rampate.

I liked the bonus experience system of FE9 and FE10 or the supposed dynamic growth in FE11. Anything to help regulate a unit closer to their average is nice. Randomness can still skew it one way or the other, but it is really nice to know you can get what you expect.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Doesn't matter, swordmaster has a crit bonus to get more crits to do tons of damage and assassins have a change to OHKO peeps.

Assassins have less caps but Joshua is a better swordmaster being male so it's better to make her an assassin

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
One of these I'll get around to beating RD.
Probably when I'm closer to finishing SoS HM.
Man, this game is so silly sometimes.
Dragons in the FoW desert... OH BOY!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If you use royals, yea the game basically gives you 4 units that pretty much face roll
I didn't even use them. The problem was that a lot of the units I brought with me just couldn't output enough damage to make up for the damage they would take.

Boyd became one of my MVPs though. That dude carried.

D

Deleted member

in sacred stones, should marisa be an assassin or sword master?
ASSASSIN. I've gone through SS HM 3 times and normal once, and i did SM for her twice and assassin for her twice. She feels substantially better as an assassin.

boyd is indeed stellar. i was somewhat shaky on him in 9 but in 10 both reavers are just excellent. even better, the only auto-include axe user (nolan) has his own weapon so urvan is fair game for any of the other axe units. personally i like the reavers over the mounted units because you can throw 2 of the 15 skills on them and it's SO GOOD but i understand why people like the flying units also.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Wat he's only level 18.

My Boyd never got close to capping everything. My 20/20 stats for him ended up as:

HP 68
Str 40
Mag 7
Skill 36
Sp 34
Lck 26
Def 26
Res 16+3

That seems pretty close. You were like 16 points behind. Out of 20 levels that's like one less point per level than what umbreon got.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
My Boyd grew so slowly. He didn't cap Str until really late, and never really hit any of his other caps to make using BExp worthwhile.

I still love how he turned out.

D

Deleted member

still came out fine on your file IMO. the only thing that really makes yours different is the 4 less defense, and he's not a frail unit to begin with.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
ASSASSIN. I've gone through SS HM 3 times and normal once, and i did SM for her twice and assassin for her twice. She feels substantially better as an assassin.
Just because your marisa ended up with like, capped defenses doesn't make her a better assassin lol. I made her one so I could one shot monsters with 70+ HP in the ruins.

D

Deleted member

i made her an assassin because i got tired of her getting hit on a 13% chance when she was a SM. i kept her an assassin because i like it when she autokills draco zombies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Doing a FE9 > FE10 run for fun, havent played it in a long time, time to have some fun with some characters i don't use much.

.. And ike grows +4 def in 5 levels, dude is tanking hits like a boss LOL

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Psh i use iron weapons all day, even valter just dies in 1 crit to an iron axe from dussel, no need to make the game easier.

So in PoR first 2/3 levels ups of Marcia and Mia got +def everytime. My Mia has 1 less def than Ike LOL

I know i'm abusing bexp too (for some level ups) but whatever i am capping stats for FE10 anyways.

Ok what, my Marcia is level 16 and has 16 def. 25% def growth rate?

Soren hides from the first encounter with the dragons.. I see what happened there now...

D

Deleted member

in por mia always seemed to have comparable defenses to ike in my file until her caps decide that she can't. even then, who decided that a vantage SM was fair? i'm pretty sure with resolve only ashnard can kill her.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When RD made vantage a 40% chance skill i cried cause vantage was sooooooo good i loved Mia cause of it. Vantage + wrath/resolve is amazing xD

Malvowhatever charged head first and attacked his sister and got instagibed and i facepalmed cause why would he attack his sister -_-;; whatever don't care about him, got his red gem sonce he drops it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't really like cavaliers... I use Marcia and Jill and call it a run.

Since i wanted to do some supports fun, i gave Gatrie boots and now those three just terroize the map. Mia, Neph, and Ike aren't doing much compartively.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I was pretty disappointed to learn that I don't keep that Knight Crest from Lyn's story into Eliwood's/Hector's story.

Oh well, on to Hector's story. Guess I should look into supports now, any good groups in general?
I'm not really sure on my team yet, it's not hard mode so I'll probably just wing it for the most part, but I do need to put a little bit of planing into future supports. :/

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I was pretty disappointed to learn that I don't keep that Knight Crest from Lyn's story into Eliwood's/Hector's story.

Oh well, on to Hector's story. Guess I should look into supports now, any good groups in general?
I'm not really sure on my team yet, it's not hard mode so I'll probably just wing it for the most part, but I do need to put a little bit of planing into future supports. :/
Just level up Kent/Sain to 20 on the chapter 10 boss. (Can't remember the name for the life of me.)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Too late, I didn't remember that I lose all items from Lyn's story, lost out on a stat up item or two as well.

I'm already at chapter 13, but it's no big loss really. Good to know for next time though. :/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Energy ring is such a loss, pump it into florina and she's a killing machine

Chapter 27 PoR

fight black knight, forgot to put an elixer on Ike, died. Put an elixer for the 2nd try, aether > black knight misses > get hit > aether again > dead black knight and Ike near full HP

What the hell

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh, there's only one of those if I go into Hector's story. Yeah, I guess that is a loss, but I'll live.

Lyn receives a gem in a later chapter depending upon your funds ranking. If you use the Angelic Robe and Energy Ring, but do not use the Knight's Crest, then you are almost guaranteed a blue gem.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Energy ring is such a loss, pump it into florina and she's a killing machine

Chapter 27 PoR

fight black knight, forgot to put an elixer on Ike, died. Put an elixer for the 2nd try, aether > black knight misses > get hit > aether again > dead black knight and Ike near full HP

What the hell
I raised Mist so I didn't die. Second hit of Aether missed after the first one connected.
So salty.

Top Bottom