• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My Ilyana is kicking ***. The only reason not to use her is cause thunder magic got nerfed to be weakest. But its still a crit magic :0 i love me some crits. Going wrath Ilyana cause why not!

I also put resolve on Micaiah until the last chapter and it saved me more than once LOL (especially chapter 9)

I decided to use Laurel... What is wrong with me with all these units people call bad.

camerino1

Smash Lord
No unit in that game is really bad though, some are just easier to get there than others and others have slightly better end-game. As long as you put effort into the characters, no one should turn out bad.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I got really confused because you used it multiple times. @_@

I liked her much better than Rhys. Rhys had a habit of getting doubled. And then dying because of it.

He was pretty good for cleanup though. Taking a solid chunk out of an enemy's HP with 100 Hit is pretty decent. It's a shame he needed SO much protection though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Resolve Mia is broken. Nothing can hit her. I seriously sent her alone to the boss and his entourage at 9hp and she destroys them all without getting hit.

D

Deleted member

i like rhys because his fire affinity is so useful, but laura is stacked as ****. aran is damn good too.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have a heal team going on..

Using Soren, Ilyana, Mist, Laura, and Macaiah.. Oh guess i can count Elincia too.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I'm almost finished my most recent challenge run in Radiant Dawn (crappy unit run) and need to decide what I want to do next. In the past I've done Sword User only and Laguz only (that was easy once I got to endgame, Royals wrecking ftw) so what should I do next?

D

Deleted member

I'm almost finished my most recent challenge run in Radiant Dawn (crappy unit run) and need to decide what I want to do next. In the past I've done Sword User only and Laguz only (that was easy once I got to endgame, Royals wrecking ftw) so what should I do next?
Solo Ilyana.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
SS is easy, anybody who says otherwise doesn't know it.
6 is... stupid... if you don't want to use Marcus at the beginning... I know, because I don't.
How could anybody tell anybody to play Thracia? That's just mean.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hate how you are required to have nullify to use a pegasus knight in FE10

I want to use imbue on Marcia since she has 17 magic for me.. But crossbows one shot her and bows get close to it. Seriously crossbows are the dumbest thing ever in Fe

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Crossbows aren't that big of a problem. You just have to kill the crossbow user...with somebody that isn't your flier. And stay out of range of them. Honestly, if you're that dedicated to your flier and you train them a lot, they can beat crossbow users with something like a Brave Sword if they can fly over a cliff or something to exploit their move advantage, but it's still a bit risky.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I like to send my babied unit into a crowd of enemies and just demolish everyone. And come back barely hurt.

Crossbows bypass resolve ;-; and have supeeer high hit ratings that you can't dodge them like arrows.

But i dodged a crossbow with a 70% chance of hitting me twice.. A miracle i must say.. (should used thunderbolt instead)

That also said, in my serious runs, i usualy have units travel in packs, but no one can travel with Marcia besides jill, haar, and birds and don't get them together with Marcia for a while. I didn't use Haar this run so he's not considered.. And i never use laguz.. (besides Kurth, royals, and Vika)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I know that feel. That's why I baby Haar and Jill, they can clean up shop even vs. thunder mages because thunder magic is STILL crappy =D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea its so dumb, thunder magic doesn't even one shot haar or jill.

Nerf crossbows plox

The real problem is that they have super weapon might and thats what gets multiplied. Thunder magic has the lowest might in the game ._.

Thunder and light magic are tied for that. Only not sure whether that extra 5+ critical is worth it over losing like 15 accuracy.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Icing on the cake is that Ilyana's magic cap is 39 and Soren's is 40 :| and her speed is 30 while Soren's is 32.. Ilyana has higher str but lower HP -_- how does that make sense?

Speaking weak magic, Laura wrecks so hard despite being stuck with light magic. Its a pity saints have the worst mastery skill..

D

Deleted member

you forgot to mention how much thunder magic sucks compared to fire and wind.

i know, let's send tibarn and elincia together to a map flooded with crossbow units. that never happened, right? >_>

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hahahaha, that's the easiest FE game by far. If you really want a challenge, play 10, 6 or 4.
Don't you mean FE5 instead of 4? 4 wasn't too hard for the most part.

Also, seems like NoA registered fireemblemawakening.com. Now to just wait for an official announcement...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh thank God!

An official announcement would make my day. I'll be waiting for it.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Guys guys.

Volug with Beastfoe. Chapter 3-6.

He kicks the **** out of any Laguz that attack him. Seeing him kick tigers for OHK's is amazing.

Volug for Top Dog.

Top Bottom