• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
According to Serenes Forest, the art is done by the same person who worked on Oreimo, so it gets a plus from me. That missing clothing though. *sigh*
Actually, the artist is the character designer for the Fate/Extra games. She did one of the guest illlustrations for the Oreimo anime though, but that's it.
I'm still not a fan of her style though, and I don't really like the redesign art either. :ohwell:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm not really a fan of the style of the Micaiah art, but it's not the game's main art style so meh.

That and we got an amazing Roy, so I'm pretty satisfied.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Actually, the artist is the character designer for the Fate/Extra games. She did one of the guest illlustrations for the Oreimo anime though, but that's it.
I'm still not a fan of her style though, and I don't really like the redesign art either. :ohwell:
Oh I see. I wonder what other artists are gonna be contributing to this game's DLC art.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I agree with whoever said it. I'd beat.

To change the subject to something more tangible. I want to bring up the results of last night's draft. Myself, Raziek, and Sold 2 are running FE7 Lynn Hard -> Hector Hard with drafted units. Here are the stipulations and results. I want opinions on who has the easier time with the game and bets on who will end up with the highest tactician rating.

Rules

-Each player may only use the units they have drafted.
**Players may use any unit required to recruit another unit, but may not initiate combat with them. This does not include leveling Lords to obtain Geitz or leveling Bartre to obtain Karla.
**Players may use any unit that is forced onto the map. Exceptions are Lords who are forced into battles after they have been obtained and Athos in the final battle.

-Every player is allowed the use of Hector, Merlinus, and Lyn (Only for the duration of Lynn's mode.)

-A player may choose to level Nils to level 7 in Lyn's mode in order to obtain access to Chapter 19xx.

-No Lundgren abuse because that ****'s stupid.

Draft

-The draft order was 1-2-33-2-11-2-33-2-11...

-Stew was RNGed and chose to pick second. Raz chose to pick first. Ryker picked third.

-Trades were allowed, but not discussed until after drafting was complete.

-The only trade that took place was Stew's Matthew for Ryker's Sain. The positions drafted for those two units reflect the position that their predecessor held.

[collapse=Raziek's Draft]

Prissy
Legault
Raven
Heath
Florina
Lucius
Dart
Rebecca
Harken
Erk
Dorcas
Farina
Isadora [/collapse]

[collapse=Stew's Team]

Sain
Lyn
Pent
Marcus
Kent
Guy
Fiora
Louise
Rath
Nino
Jaffar
Athos
Hawkeye
Geitz[/collapse]

[collapse=Ryker's Team]

Oswin
Serra
Eliwood
Canas
Matthew
Ninian
Bartre
Lowen
Wil
Wallace
Karel
Vaida
Karla
Rennault [/collapse]

Thoughts, questions, comments, critique.

What would be your draft strategy and what do you think our's were and how successful were they?

Ryker, I think you will have the hardest time getting the highest tactician rating. You have no fliers nor do you have any mounted units except Lowen for rescue and drop tactics. Stew probably has the middle ground for tactician rating while Raz has the best potential for getting it.

Until chapter 14, all characters are forced and free for use.

camerino1

Smash Lord
That's actually a really neat idea. I think I'll try something like that with my friends.

Raz, in my opinion, will have the best time of it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
There's still things to play with such as, after obtaining Merlinus, the only units Raz has are Hector, Rebecca, Dorcas, Erk, and Priscilla. He gets Erk and Priscilla only after obtaining them in the battle where you first have to stop using everyone else.

I'm going to be completely honest, it's not my objective to have the highest tactician rating, I just want to survive. We're all going to have a Tactics rating from hell.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
you guys are insane doing a HHM draft.. F tactics ratings, you all get a gold star if you complete this forsaken challenge.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Stew got to complain to me throughout the Hold the Throne level in Laus because he only had three eligible units.

I, however, got fed up with the RNG and restarted. My level 16 Matthew got 1 Strength over his base and my level 12 Serra STILL had her base magic. My Bartre was all around a squishy little girl and my Hector was slow as ****.

Lowen was the definition of average.

Oswin and Wil, to be fair, were ballers.

But yeah, I got fed up with it and restarted. Remembered to use my energy ring with in Lyn's mode. RNG has been much nicer to me. Matthew is a God with 10 strength at level 12.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I haven't played through all of FE7 yet, but my strategy would be to pick a solid block of units first that have really good accessibility (get them early on), and then a couple more power houses that could be recruited later on throughout the game. The idea being to make early game manageable and then having well leveled units for when the difficulty gets bumped up.

I'm actually really interested in doing this as well.

There should not be too much of a great issue with chapters 14+

For Raz, he simply has to overpower Erk and Dorcas in lyn mode and focus on getting Hector and Rebecca kills throughout the chapters leading up to 14. I think you can get adequate levels by then to make chapter 14 and 15 passable.

I do not see why Stew should be complaining too much. He has Marcus! He can easily grant you low turn counts throughout the entire game by himself pretty much. All he has to do in Lyn mode is train up Kent, Sain and Lyn. Then, focus on getting Guy and Hector all the kills between levels 11-15. Use the forced characters to weaken kills for Guy and Hector, then have Marcus solo the rest of the chapters.

For chapter 15, reinforcements on the throne level stop once you KO the boss. Send Marcus south and one square at max long bow range and KO the boss the following turn with a critical javelin. Get Guy and Hector to take on the northeast baddies with the key. After that he gets Lyn, Kent, and Sain on the following chapter. He can even promote Sain if he wants to make the game a little easier in Lyn Hard.

It think Ryker's difficulty will be in the later chapters when he has hardly any units with decent resistance to go against staffs. Stock up on your pure waters.

Oh, and not having a thief is not a huge deal. Buying door keys and letting the other thieves on the map do the looting for you and kill them. There are thieves on every map with chests that you can get to do the work for you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
My entire plan was tactics rating be damned. Wallace is going to receive my Drop and with a front three of two Generals and Hector, I doubt I'll have too much of an issue with late game. I have Serra and Cannas who can both carry Restore. I've run teams with much less ability to deal with sleep and berserk.

Thieves are actually a pretty big deal because chests aren't their main use. The big thing they get you is access to promotion items.

D

Deleted member

I like your list by far the best. oswin with serra is stacked, the A support on eliwood/hector will carry pretty hard, AND you got matthew who is self-explanatory. just don't get RNG screwed on serra and eliwood and you should be the best off IMO.

edit: I've wanted to do a RD run too. count me in.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I like your list by far the best. oswin with serra is stacked, the A support on eliwood/hector will carry pretty hard, AND you got matthew who is self-explanatory. just don't get RNG screwed on serra and eliwood and you should be the best off IMO.
I don't even have Eliwood Hector because Lowen and Ninian only have Eliwood.

I have a wonderful little Matthew, Serra, Oswin, Hector square.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah the Hold the Throne level took me a lot more tries than I'm proud of. The problem I was having is that I wanted to bring Guy in to get him some experience but he kept dying on me. In then end I beat it by just sitting Hector's fat *** on the throne and then having Guy and Marcus run to the top right corner of the map after the enemy opens the door for you. I put Guy in a pillar and had Marcus stab things for a fairly easy win. I even killed the boss of that level on the last turn.

Been having little trouble after getting Sain and Kent back other than the generic bull**** that makes you restart levels. My Lyn is really underperforming, but the Best Pony Friends are really making up for it. But now I'm on the Pirate Ship and honestly I don't know if I can do it lmao. It's going to take a ton of luck, Guy is going to have to critical his pants off.

zyth

Smash Lord
lol i think it would be worse when u try to get through part 2 with only one or two units....well its possible for whoever gets Haar and/or nephenee

just a question for the FE7 drafters, are any of you doing arena abuse?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
In draft you want to be the one who finishes in the least amount of turns.. to win the draft

Now that I think about it, Part 2 is going to be ********. We're gonna have to make some good rules for this draft.

Also we can probably do groups of 3 for the draft, i think 6 people want to do it? How does bexp work for this run too?

Top Bottom