• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

§leepy God

Smash Master
I looked at FE Awakening's prologue and was happy to see the battles in the game... I have to stay away from the internet longer, or at least until the US release date. ):

zyth

Smash Lord
If a US release date happens
dont do that to us! you know everyone wants it!

so it looks like we still have 6 ppl for the FE10 draft so lets split it into two groups, because the dawn brigade chaps are gonna be a pain if the first 6 chaps are split between everyone having only 1-2 ppl, and everyone who doesnt get sothe or zihark will have a harder time

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Taking from Zkyr's post rules of FE10 draft and adding to it

-HARD MODE
-2 separate groups are to be drafted
-Everyone can use Ike and Micaiah
-Black Knight is allowed in chapter "One Survives" but not in endgame
-Part 2 and 3-9 is not restricted to draft only units
-Characters forced for the chapter are allowed to be used
-For the parts where the army splits, it is on YOU that you split up your drafted chars to be able to pass these chapters with split parties.
-Bexp is free to use
-Non-drafted units can be deployed and moved but cannot attack. (IE meatshields for Micaiah in part 1)
-non-drafted Laguz cannot transform when deployed (Volug is the exception when he is forced in part 1)
-Ilyana does not have to be drafted for you to transfer items between the dawn Brigade to the Greil Mercenaries, will also be part of draft for part 1
-You cannot draft more than 1 heron
-Draft Pelleas at your own risk as you must have a clear data to obtain him
-NO PoR transfer allowed unless everyone in the group agrees to it

[collapse=draft 1 group, 18 units]Edward
Leonardo
Nolan
Laura
Sothe
Ilyana
Aran
Meg
Volug
Tauroneo
Jill
Zihark
Fiona
Tormod
Muarim
Vika
Nailah
Rafiel[/collapse]

[collapse=draft 2 group, 52 units]Elincia
Marcia
Nealuchi
Leanne
Haar
Brom
Nephenee
Heather
Lucia
Lethe
Mordecai
Geoffrey
Kieran
Astrid
Makalov
Danved
Calill

Titania
Soren
Mist
Rolf
Boyd
Oscar
Shinon
Gatrie
Rhys
Mia
Ranulf
Kyza
Lyre
Reyson
Janaff
Ulki
Sigrun
Tanith

Sanaki
Skrimir
Tibarn
Naesala
Caineghis
Pelleas
Stefan
Oliver
Bastian
Volke
Kurthnaga
Ena
Giffca
Renning
Gareth
Nasir
Leharn
[/collapse]

let me know what you guys think

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Meh, it seems like I can't get the FE10 iso to work. Looks like I'll stick with the FE6 draft then.

*Maybe do 3 drafts, having a 3rd draft for Laguz as they are all overshadowed by beroc.
The herons, the hawks, Volug, Mordy, Ranulf and Skrimir are better than most beorc units fyi.

Also, since there are no ranks in FE10 what's the object?

:059:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lowest turn count since that is given at the end of the game.

Alright, just 2 drafts then, and its probably better that way since its even for groups of 3.

D

Deleted member

-you're going to have a hard time beating the game without micaiah lol
-i think black knight should also be a draft char. if you need him on the map for a certain something later in the game, just don't use him.
-totally allow royals and lehran, also to be drafted
-excluding part 2 is pretty much necessary

everything else seems ok.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Black Knight has only 2 chapters he's used in, 1 he is mandatory to pass it, the other is endgame of part 1. Every other appearance he is either the enemy or an other unit.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Black Knight has only 2 chapters he's used in, 1 he is mandatory to pass it, the other is endgame of part 1. Every other appearance he is either the enemy or an other unit.
He appears in chapter 3-6.

But I agree he shouldn't be part of the draft. Beating 3-6 on HM without him is close to impossible.

D

Deleted member

sure. just allow micaiah for everyone so i don't have to waste my first pick on her.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I am pretty sure he's an other unit in 3-6 because I was playing on normal and did not want him to kill anything but he moved up.

I'll allow royals then and make Macaiah free for everyone.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hmmm, you're probably right about that. Either way adding him to the draft makes little sense.

Imo Micaiah, Ike and somebody from part 2 should be free to everybody [Lucia, Geoffrey or both imo].

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Part 2 also would require Brom/Nepheenee and Elincia so no draft forced onto it as its too much -_-

1 unit will go undrafted in group 2

and the groups now.. From an earlier post we have Zyth, Ussi, Delta-cod, Firefly.. Umbreon and Gheb want in so thats 6 for 2 groups of 3. how shall we split that up now?

D

Deleted member

the only other units that are forced to fight every battle are sanaki and sothe. you can largely ignore them though. i think only ike and micaiah is fine.

zyth

Smash Lord
alright so now that we have the rules, GJ by the way, lets split into 2 groups. how about we have someone who isnt doing this draft to just spit the groups randomly? or we can do it by alphabetically every other name.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
When do you guys plan to start? I still need to get my iso file to work before I can confirm that I'm in.

And what are we doing about part 2 now? I think the best idea would be to draft the units from part 2 regularly but people are allowed to use all of them in their respective chapters in P2 [plus 3-9]. The draft decides which one's you may you use for the rest of the game though. Example: Everybody can use Elincia in her respective part 2 chapters but only the player who chose her during the draft can use her outside of that. I think that'd make the whole part 2 situation better to deal with for everybody.

D

Deleted member

tbh I thought that was self-evident. part 2 is just kinda jank lol

zyth

Smash Lord
thats already in the rules posted isnt it? everyone can use anyone in part 2 but after part two you have to stick with your drafted chars.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Haha, I wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean XD
But yeah, it all makes sense now ^^

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I have a couple questions.

1. Are we doing Hard Mode or Normal Mode? I didn't see that in the rules. :x

2. The FE7 draft has this rule:
**Players may use any unit that is forced onto the map. Exceptions are Lords who are forced into battles after they have been obtained and Athos in the final battle.
To my understanding, a consequence of this is that players are not restricted to their draft picks for the first few chapters of the game (before the preparations screen comes into play), and instead just try to feed their draft characters as much EXP as possible. Should we do this for the FE 10 draft as well? Because honestly, with a 3-way draft, there's going to be a player who has to play 1-1 without Edward or Nolan without this addendum, and they're pretty much SOL. =P Also, 1-3 is so condensed that it's next to impossible to keep the majority of your units from the enemies. With this rule, you'd start being restricted to your draft picks starting at 1-4, which sounds good to me. I don't think this is necessary to do for part 3 though, since you start with 11 Mercenaries from 3-P anyway. (though 3-1 could be problematic since you have reinforcements from behind, enemies coming from multiple directions, frail Other units to protect, and a turn count limit)

P.S. - The Black Knight has forced deployment for chapter 3-6. All information about character availability can be found here.

:005:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

To my understanding, a consequence of this is that players are not restricted to their draft picks for the first few chapters of the game (before the preparations screen comes into play), and instead just try to feed their draft characters as much EXP as possible. Should we do this for the FE 10 draft as well? Because honestly, with a 3-way draft, there's going to be a player who has to play 1-1 without Edward or Nolan without this addendum, and they're pretty much SOL. =P Also, 1-3 is so condensed that it's next to impossible to keep the majority of your units from the enemies. With this rule, you'd start being restricted to your draft picks starting at 1-4, which sounds good to me. I don't think this is necessary to do for part 3 though, since you start with 11 Mercenaries from 3-P anyway. (though 3-1 could be problematic since you have reinforcements from behind, enemies coming from multiple directions, frail Other units to protect, and a turn count limit)

P.S. - The Black Knight has forced deployment for chapter 3-6. All information about character availability can be found here.

I like this actually, forced units are allowed to be used which makes part 1 chapters 1-3 doable >_>

also hard mode

If black knight is controllable in 3-6 then i probably.. did use him lul

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
and the groups now.. From an earlier post we have Zyth, Ussi, Delta-cod, Firefly.. Umbreon and Gheb want in so thats 6 for 2 groups of 3. how shall we split that up now?
I thought camerino wanted in on FE10, although in the list he said he was good for anything.

As far as splitting up goes, I demand to be in Firefly's group so I may troll him. That is all.

We could also do a RNG to split up the groups.

zyth

Smash Lord

yea that does seem like a good point to bring up. for part 1 the forced chars can be usable, and i just remembered but i think its part 1-9 or so when you have to save ppl in the swamp. i think ppl should be allowed to use the forced ppl there so the poor prisoners dont get massacred lol.

also the herons. is everyone allowed one if we dont have groups of 3?

and i like the RNG idea to split groups. lets go highest to lowest in the order they were listed in ussis earlier post.

zyth

Smash Lord
and let me not forget, that because of all the forced chars, you might not be able to have many draft chars, if a lot of ur draft is from part 1

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
yea that does seem like a good point to bring up. for part 1 the forced chars can be usable, and i just remembered but i think its part 1-9 or so when you have to save ppl in the swamp. i think ppl should be allowed to use the forced ppl there so the poor prisoners dont get massacred lol.

also the herons. is everyone allowed one if we dont have groups of 3?

and i like the RNG idea to split groups. lets go highest to lowest in the order they were listed in ussis earlier post.
If you plan to do a draft more than 3 people, then if you don't get a heron you're out of luck imo. Otherwise with a 3 person draft, everyone gets a heron under the rule: "Only 1 heron may be drafted per team"

(The reason this rule exists is because the game forces you to only have 1 heron end game so you won't be taking all your draft units into end game with that if you drafted 2 herons)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wait, what's the rule with forced deployments now? Are you allowed to use any character who's forced on the map regardless of the draft?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hmm, the swamp chapter could be a special case. The forced units are spread out around the map anyway. Perhaps we can have a rule that requires all forced units in that chapter to stay on the landmass they start on, while your regular picks are dictated by your draft?

Wait, what's the rule with forced deployments now? Are you allowed to use any character who's forced on the map regardless of the draft?

Keep in mind, FE7 did also state an exception in cases where lords have forced deployment in later chapters. The thing is, FE10 has a LOT more forced deployment than FE7 does. The spirit of the rule to me is to simply prevent the early chapters from becoming practically impossible, so I would say that after 1-3, all non-Micaiah/Ike/BK forced deployment should be treated as though those units don't exist. (ex. Sothe and Volug are forced for all of Part 1, but we'd only allow the player who drafted them to use them after 1-3 and just have them take up a slot instead)

Sorry if this has holes in it, I have to leave right away so I kinda rushed this post. :x

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Alright, so, going by a random number generator and this list:

1: Zyth
2: Ussi
3: Delta
4: Firefly
5: Umbreon
6: Gheb

I will be rolling numbers until a group of 3 is created. The remaining 3 will then be put into the second group.

The numbers I rolled were:

4. 1. 6.

So, Firefly, Zyth, and Gheb are in a group.

This leaves me, Ussi, and Umbreon for the second group.

Is that okay with everyone?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ehhhh, I'd still like to have everything cleared up regarding forced deployment since it seems there are disagreement. I think it'd be easier / more consistent to just allow all forced units to be used.

Are we doing the drafting thing via Skype or quicktopic?

camerino1

Smash Lord
Hey, I wanted in 10 for the draft as well.

I have Skype too though, so yeah

Edit: Why not make it so that part 2 units are drafted, but can all be used during part 2 only? I find that that would work, since there are a few decent units in there. It'll give us restricted use of them after.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Ehhhh, I'd still like to have everything cleared up regarding forced deployment since it seems there are disagreement. I think it'd be easier / more consistent to just allow all forced units to be used.
This.

Also, since Sothe is always a forced unit, it brings the draft total from 70 to 69, which is nicely divisible by 3.

Hey, I wanted in 10 for the draft as well.

I have Skype too though, so yeah

Edit: Why not make it so that part 2 units are drafted, but can all be used during part 2 only? I find that that would work, since there are a few decent units in there. It'll give us restricted use of them after.
I thought so. We can always have a group of 4 and a group of 3 also...

The idea is that the draft rules don't really apply to part 2. However, those units must be drafted if you want to use them outside of part 2.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Alright, I wasn't sure if the units in 2 weren't allowed to be drafted at all or not, just the way things were worded before.

And sorry for messing it up, but this is my favorite in the series by far and... I'd like to play it with some goal in mind like this.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'd be willing to do the group of 4... The only problems I foresee with a group of 4 are:

People will either have 17 or 18 units as opposed to 23.

Part 4 becomes more difficult because the reduced unit count must then be divided by 3. Optimally, there would be three groups of 5 or 6 units as opposed to three groups of 7 or 8.

Annnnnnnnd the Heron issue, which is pretty minor to me.

Top Bottom