• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

zyth

Smash Lord
u can only put BEXP into Ike and a limit as to how many levels ur drafted chars can go up with BEXP i guess?

D

Deleted member

In draft you want to be the one who finishes in the least amount of turns.. to win the draft

Now that I think about it, Part 2 is going to be ********. We're gonna have to make some good rules for this draft.

Also we can probably do groups of 3 for the draft, i think 6 people want to do it? How does bexp work for this run too?
Part 2 will probably have to be excluded, they don't give you a huge selection to work with or anything.

After that let's just play the game. It's not like normal/hard mode give you enough bexp to break the game and there's no real boss/arena abuse.

When do we start? I know who I want first.

zyth

Smash Lord
l if we can break which groups will be goin against each other we can start today or tomorrow i bet. this almost seems like a tournament

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
For the record, we have an honor rule against arena abuse that would hold us even if two of us weren't streaming. The only arena any of us are doing is the one arena visit I'm making with Bartre for Karla.

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
this is a fun looking idea. anyone wanna do this with me in Radiant Dawn? :D
He's my favorite too, and I'd do this with you guys :p
I'll take part of this too, mainly cause RD is fresh in me so I think i can do a challenge run.
edit: I've wanted to do a RD run too. count me in.
hi

Sounds like fun, but it seems like there are a bunch of others who would be more into it than I would ATM. Could you imagine playing through the DB chapters with only 1/5th of the units? :awesome:

:005:
Laguz only run?

#morelikevolugsolo

K, so with 6 people wanting to do it (Firefly, Umbreon, Ussi, camerino, zyth, and myself), I'd say it wouldn't be a bad idea to split into two groups of 3.

There are 73 units in the game, 71 if you discount Lehran and Pelleas. If we did a 6 way draft, everyone would only have 11 or 12 units to use. While this isn't terrible considering the tower has a 17 unit cap, it would make the rest of Part 4 kinda stupid.

But first we really need to come up with a good way of getting everything ready beforehand. Rules, special situations, etc. need to be looked at first. A couple of concerns that I've come across are:

Part 2 - Not really a lot of unit flexibility here...
Part 3 - Certain chapters are actually impossible with too few units, specifically 3-1 and 3-3. I feel like this would be a non issue if people draft well.
The Tower - Mainly the Black Knight fight. You do need to beat him, which means everyone kinda needs to have an Ike.

Also, everyone should really get a Skype or something to make going through the draft easier. Suggestions on that would be great.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I have Skype. My suggestion might actually be to... play 6, 8 or 11 instead. I'd almost say 11 in the fewest turns possible on Hard1 mode. We have specific units, and we can reclass them to whatever we'd like. I think that that might not be a bad idea, because 10 will be BRUTAL at some points. I just think like that's the only FE that this can't be done properly with, as much as I love the game.

If we were to have a challange, I'd say Laguz only/fewest turns. It'd be fun, I think :p

Chapter 2 is still gonna be impossible then on the Geoffrey levels.

Edit: there's 59 in 11, so I think it's doable in that one. Just thinking out loud though :p

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't really want to play 11 again. I'd be down for 6 or 8 for sure though. I'm in the middle of a FE6 HM run right now, but I haven't been playing it much lately. A draft would be interesting...

:005:

camerino1

Smash Lord
I don't own 9 either. So... 6 it is, if 10 just isn't doable? I'd be okay with 6.

Roy, Marcus, Allen, Lance, Wolt, Bors, Ellen, Dieck, Wade, Lott, Thany, Chad, Lugh, Clarine, Rutger, Saul, Dorothy, Sue, Zealot, Treck, Noah, Astohl, Lilina, Wendy, Barth, Oujay, Fir, Shin, Gonzales, Geese, Klein, Tate, Lalum, Echidna, Elphin, Bartre, Ray, Cath, Miredy, Percival, Cecilia, Sofiya, Igrene, Garret, Fa, Hugh, Zeis, Douglas, Niime, Dayan, Juno, Karel.

That's 52. That should be a fair amount.

I wouldn't mind doing this with people who play 11 as well, because I really enjoy reclassing in that game, if anyone is up for it.

zyth

Smash Lord
its possible on normal...Ross is a beast

so is the census that it be best to do 10 due to the lack of availibility on 6, 8 being easy, and 7 being done?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Urrrrrg. I think the only one we all agree on is 10, and it's the hardest one to do...
Don't all agree, switch into more groups.

8 is easier on the whole, but certainly has parts that are challenging without access to all of the good units. The secret to running eight is spreading the draft thinner than usual.

Don't let the fact that seven is being done stop people. I would love to run it with a different team as it's probably the best choice out there. I would handle two runs if there is space for me in a group. I simply set X amount of work to get done each day on mine anyway.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i know what we can do..

we do 2 separate group picks for RD. Part 1 and 3-X with those characters and 1 for part 2 and 3 as most of part 2 characters join in part 3 except for Geoffrey. (This way no one can hog 1 specific part and screw the others)

Ilyana is the only obscure one who is in the dawn brigade both joins Ike's group. She'll just be part of the first draft pick we do.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
its possible on normal...Ross is a beast

so is the census that it be best to do 10 due to the lack of availibility on 6, 8 being easy, and 7 being done?
I'm willing to give it a shot. I've solo'd the game with Eirika and Gilliam on Normal, lol.
Normal and Hard are two entirely separate beasts lol. It's much more difficult to RNG abuse in normal mode since the best thing you can RNG for until the end of the game is a Runesword.

zyth

Smash Lord
well i'm still waitin on ppl that def wanna do 10....heres my suggested rules,

-ussi just posted one of them-
-everyone can put BEXP into Ike but are not allowed to fight with him. Ike is neccesary to kill the final boss and Black Knight, and is forced in over half the game, so everyone can use him.
-If you get a laguz royal(including griffca and kurth) you must wait 2 picks to get another.
-for part 2-1 brom and nephenee can both be used even if you only have one or none of them, heather will go only to whoever picked her. you can use chars to your discretion in part 2 since it would be near impossible to beat this part if you only get 1-2 chars from draft.
-For the parts where the army splits, it is on YOU that you split up your drafted chars to be able to pass these chapters with split parties.

if theres anything else ppl think i should add post it and i can update this.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh part 2 should not really be limited at all to our picks. Part 2 picks are just the characters you can use in part 3.

Also why must we not use Ike? Why can't he just be given to everyone like all other main character lords.

zyth

Smash Lord
I guess part 2 is pretty bad to try and draft in general....i only consider 3 chars out of that whole part to use anyway. and they are all in seperate chapters until endgame anyways lol.

I said that for ike since u really only need him for the last chap and black night, and hes forced in all his chaps.....wait...i guess he shouldnt be draft limited then....hes got a lot of stuff makin him necessary to lvl. at least u dont have to personally kill bosses with Miciah( i know i butchered her name)

camerino1

Smash Lord
So, who's up for which games? I'm up for any of them, since I have all but 9. I guess we should make groups of which ones we wanna play and see from there.

6: Firefly, Zyth
8: Firefly, Pink Reaper, Delta-cod
10: Zyth, Ussi, Delta-cod, Firefly
11: No one

D

Deleted member

I'd be down for any of them, but if there's a RD group I'm going to that one.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Quick Update on my progress:

Dorcas draft turning out to be an absolute lifesaver, as Hector simply would not be able to be everywhere at once. Erk would be dead otherwise, because Hector can't save both him AND Priscilla.

However, managed to bulldoze Chapter 14 by throwing Hector at the middle-lower half while Dorcas and Rebecca dealt with recruiting Erk then high-tailing it back to the forests by Merlinus.

Talons Alight is gonna be FUN.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I made it to Dread Island and it was looking pretty bad for me. But then I figured out a strategy. Marcus was near dead after clearing the north side of the map, and everything in the world was closing in on him!

So what ended up happening is Hector picks up a god damn horse, walks right through all the enemy nomads and cavaliers, and then misses the boss about 10 times before someone else died for some stupid reason. This is why these are called Hector Hard Modes. I'll finish it pretty easy just give me a bit for real.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Talons Alight not as bad as expected. Erk ended up tanking Mercs and Myrms like a beast thanks to having enough speed and some decent defense. Had to run Pris out of the throne on the last turn to avoid her dying, but I got it done.

Dorcas draft saving my ***.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And I just finished killing all the pirates in Chapter Seventeen X. Bartre is already promoted. Oswin thinks he's a swordmaster and is close to promotion. Will is level 19 and stalling for his promotion item in Chapter Nineteen. Matt is going to be 20 long before I get a Fell Contract.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm down to join a FE6 draft. I didn't play the game a lot yet but I'll consider it practice :bee:

Edit: But I'd actually prefer FE10 though. If there's a lot of demand we could easily have 2 different drafts with it? And there's like 60 units and the game is pretty easy so I think 4-5 people isn't too much ^^

:059:

Top Bottom