• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hey i have a great idea for a 'challenge' run

fe4 "good" crusader families only. i.e. can't use characters who share holy blood with enemies at any point in the story, and characters must have at least minor holy blood. No descendants of Sety (lords of Silesia), Ulir (Andrei and co.), Neir (Langobalt and co.), Tordo (all the damn Fregee people), Fala (Alvis and co.), and Lopt (duh). Enemies that you can recruit/persuade (Aless, Eltosian, Holyn) don't disqualify their families. pretty sure baldo/odo/noba/blaggi/narga are left, and hezul is on the fence since shagall doesn't actually have holy blood in-game but is described as the unified leader of augustria.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hey, I wanted in 10 for the draft as well.

I have Skype too though, so yeah

Edit: Why not make it so that part 2 units are drafted, but can all be used during part 2 only? I find that that would work, since there are a few decent units in there. It'll give us restricted use of them after.
You can have my spot if you want it. I was more hoping for a GBA FE draft personally; trying to do a FE10 run would honestly be a bit inconvenient for me. I was in mainly to even out the numbers in the first place. =P

:005:

zyth

Smash Lord
lol my laptop is down, so im hijacking random comps to come one the boards so my skype will be up next week....lol actually i might be able to hijack my bros comp early tomorrow(before 4 pm) and get skype on that to do this. if not we would have to find another way to draft all the chars. so I'm with camerino and gheb let me know guys

camerino1

Smash Lord
I'll add you guys then.

To be honest though, I'd rather do 6 over 8. So if we get 6 up, I'll play. For now though I'll stick with just 10.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Alright then. I'm sure we can start it tomorrow night, and work on it through the weekend.

Edit: I also added Delta-cod and Ussi to my Skype list.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
We're not part of of your draft cam o.O

Sure we can all compete for lowest turns but our picks don't affect each other

zyth

Smash Lord
my skype is Sean 'zyth' Carter.

I'd be down for 6 but want to at least beat it first...if anyone is doin 8 im open for that tho

camerino1

Smash Lord
I can't just add you incase we end up doing something like this in the future and end up in the same draft then? I was just thinking ahead :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We should do the draft in a quicktopic. It's almost impossible for me to get on Skype during your time and vice versa.

:059:

I almost think doing a draft in radiant dawn would be pretty redundant. The first two parts only have a few units to choose from and the same with the later ones. Attempting a draft would pretty much be trying to solo it with like one or two characters. Good luck trying to complete hard mode with so few characters. Also, you have to split into three armies. Your group of 10 for part 3 gets cut to 3 per army in part 4.

I guess if you did it on easy mode it would seem more reasaonble. But not hard.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tbh, HM is pretty damn easy to finish with just a handful of units.

For part 1, and the chapters 3-6, 3-11 and 3-12 you don't need more than Sothe, Volug, [Zihark], [Tauroneo] and the rest of part 3 can easily be speedrun with Haar, Titania, Reyson and Ike. Sometimes you wanna add in the Hawks or Ranulft to shave off a couple of turns.
Part 4 can be done with Ike + Nailah; Naesala / Skimir + Haar; Tibarn + whatever units + fillers you have left respectively. Endgame is a joke.

:059:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How are you guys hyped without a NA release date? Guys so optimistic

As much as i'd love to be hyped for this, i feel like i'll be utterly devasted if it didn't come in the end if i set myself up to be hyped for it..

Steelia

Smash Champion
If it doesn't get released, then I'd be disappointed... but I'm also a Pkmn fan, so Black2/White2 will also fill the void.

If it DOES... Nintendo's got my money. And I don't even have a 3DS yet.

If Nintendo doesn't realize we're hyped, even just a bit, then that'll likely discourage them from releasing it. So... here you go, Nintendo. You got my hype and my $. Make something happen.

Tbh, HM is pretty damn easy to finish with just a handful of units.

For part 1, and the chapters 3-6, 3-11 and 3-12 you don't need more than Sothe, Volug, [Zihark], [Tauroneo] and the rest of part 3 can easily be speedrun with Haar, Titania, Reyson and Ike. Sometimes you wanna add in the Hawks or Ranulft to shave off a couple of turns.
Part 4 can be done with Ike + Nailah; Naesala / Skimir + Haar; Tibarn + whatever units + fillers you have left respectively. Endgame is a joke.
Not really what I was getting at. Lunatic in FE 12 with Palla, Catria, etc. is doable, but with any other character that is not the best, its an annoying mode. Not every character in that game can get to the necessary speeds to avoid getting doubled and other stats too.

I was sort of thinking something similar for Radiant Dawn Hard mode.
Just bought xenoblade, might drop out of draft
This game is so long. I ended up finishing it in about 55-56 hours. I think most of the time was spent grinding enemies, but it never really felt like a chore to do so. Multiple characters with very different move-sets makes the fighting interesting.

D

Deleted member

FE9 + FE10 takes me about 25 + 40 hours, so 65 total. pretty close comparison i think.

Top Bottom