• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I almost got all 3 pegasus fliers :crying: so sad i didn't. Dammit Raziek picking Farina on the 3rd Rotation :mad:

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No, no you don't.

All side quests are just optional. You'll always fight a dragon at the end.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Thank god. Some gaiden requirements made me sad retroactively.

The RNG Goddess is toying with me already. In one enemy phase...

Was slow on the cap here, BUT HE GOT HIT AGAIN.

And at the end of that same enemy phase:

Sain plz.

Last edited:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
So like, n00b question, but I don't need to do anything special to get endgame, right? FE6 required the gaiden chapters, does this one?
You actually need to A support with Florina to get the true ending.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's false. The ending to the game is the same regardless, you just get some additional epilogue scenes if he marries Lyn or Florina.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The same is true if he marries Farina as well yes?

Is there any sort of 'canonical' Hector x Partner implied? I remember reading Eliwood x Ninian is somewhat implied but never found anything for Hector

I never got round to playing Hector Hard Mode in FE7, can someone describe to me what it's like in terms of difficulty? (for the record I've finished FE6 on normal, FE7 Eliwood normal and FE8 hard)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Eliwood Ninian is pretty strongly implied.

Well, Lyn x Rath is implied heavily by Sue, so that basically makes it a Pegasus by process of elimination. Which one it is really only has strong implications from Florina's I guess?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The same is true if he marries Farina as well yes?

Is there any sort of 'canonical' Hector x Partner implied? I remember reading Eliwood x Ninian is somewhat implied but never found anything for Hector

I never got round to playing Hector Hard Mode in FE7, can someone describe to me what it's like in terms of difficulty? (for the record I've finished FE6 on normal, FE7 Eliwood normal and FE8 hard)
Actually all of Hector's partnerships don't have unique ending text and none of his relationships are implied as heavily as Eliwood and Ninian. Whoever pairs up with Hector gets a similar ending that "________ helped Hector in his tough times" or something like that. Although the picture that you get varies by which female you picked as his A support.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I Kent believe that you made such a horrible pun.
To continue on with this travesty:

*Talking to Ryker, who is on Ch.11*

"Hey Raz, if I miss, I could die."

"So don't miss."

"So I guess you could say, this level came down to the Wire."

*groans*

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
LOL RYKER JUST GAME OVER'D PERMANENTLY.

His emulator isn't saving normally so he's only using states. He let Matthew die because Bartre got a perfect level right before, then advance to the next chapter, save-stating over it. He now can't recruit Guy, whom he drafted.

What a tragedy.

Edit: Now begins the adventures of "FUKMATT", as Ryker restarts Lyn mode.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ryker realized his run has theme music.

It plays when you recruit both Isadora and Wallace.

Last edited:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

His emulator isn't saving normally so he's only using states. He let Matthew die because Bartre got a perfect level right before, then advance to the next chapter, save-stating over it. He now can't recruit Guy, whom he drafted.

What a tragedy.

Worth.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

What a tragedy.

Ouch!

Well good luck to him on the new run!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Also for Harken right?

And I woulda opted to use an emulator for save states but I'mma be a man and use my GBA cart.. Mainly cause I have a Lyn mode saved up that has super blessed Florina and Kent on it.

I'mma still play through Lyn mode on te off chance I get better blessed Florina/Kent though.

I'm also considering promoting Kent in Lyn mode as my late game is securced as it is. Just want to make the mid game easier.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey sorry to be a bit lacking in technical terms but what do you mean by draft?
If you look at the teams posted on the previous page, you'll see that we each have about 8 units. There are 41 units total not including Hector.

Essentially, we take the entire cast of the game, randomize a pick order, and then take turns picking units to use until all of the units are picked.

So in order.....

Delta drafted Sain
Bardull drafted Matt
I drafted Serra
Ryker got Pris
Ussi got Florina and Kent
Ryker got Ninian
etc.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If you look at the teams posted on the previous page, you'll see that we each have about 8 units. There are 41 units total not including Hector.

Essentially, we take the entire cast of the game, randomize a pick order, and then take turns picking units to use until all of the units are picked.

So in order.....

Delta drafted Sain
Bardull drafted Matt
I drafted Serra
Ryker got Pris
Ussi got Florina and Kent
Ryker got Ninian
etc.
So you HAVE to use these drafted units?

Ok so that was why he had a game over? He couldn't get a unit that he had to use?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, you don't have to, but he'd have been putting himself at a severe disadvantage if he didn't re-start to make sure he could get Guy.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, you don't have to, but he'd have been putting himself at a severe disadvantage if he didn't re-start to make sure he could get Guy.
Well I guess I sort of understood what's going on. I thought that I had understood at the very start but then repeatedly seeing the word "drafted" I got confused.

Thanks for explaining it!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
That's an impressive statement from somebody who coined Garnado...
And Moulder the Boulder.

Last edited:

Vennobennu

Smash Rookie
Can't imagine what they were thinking giving Bartre 3 base speed. Even with a 100% speed growth I'd hesitate to use him.

Also hi everybody! Been around smashboards for a while but I only recently decided to register an account.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The only reason i ever use Bartre was to get karla's supports unlocked.

Also i realized I have two units that hace knight's oath recruit theme. (Harken and Vaida, who also support and have a paired ending!)

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, **** you and your 9th unit Karla, Deltacod. I'm stealing her. She's mine now. I am ****ing rewarding myself with a **** unit for using this **** unit.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I started watching an LP of it and I don't regret deciding not to play FE2 whatsoever. It appears to be way more dated than what I actually expected and I doubt I'd be able to get much out of it.

I guess my next game is just going to have to be 6. Though I'm still really iffy on that. :Y

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Deltacod doesn't get to use Karla. Karla is actually the last unit leftover ( deltacod has 9 chars while everyone else has 8)

Most if not all drafts I've seen made Bartre/Karla a combo recruit. As in a 2 for 1. I was confused why that rule wasn't there when we were drafting.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not even remotely hot on the Elibe saga as it is after 7, and I've heard a lot of mixed commentary on 6. Though I want to try it sooner or later, especially after I reached the decision to not play through Gaiden or Thracia.

Top Bottom