• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

majora_787

Smash Hero
No using Nephenee? She could probably solo the game if she tried hard enough. :p

Also I'm just going to go with the axe wielder I dislike the least and say Boyd so I cans leep at night.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Watchu talkin' about FE9 Astrid is legit good
too much effort is needed, I'm all about EFFICIENCY, rather than babying her for a whole bunch of chapters for a slightly above average unit is not worth it for me.
No using Nephenee? She could probably solo the game if she tried hard enough. :p

Also I'm just going to go with the axe wielder I dislike the least and say Boyd so I cans leep at night.
Nephenee is in the same boat as Astrid. Too much work for not much payoff.

wheeeeeeeee chapter 18

Edit: Hello Ike's promotion.

Edit 2: That's a really late promotion actually. This unit sux.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
If Fire Emblem had its own subforum, I would make a poll, but I guess I will just need to ask here.

If a showdown ever occurred between Boyd, Hector, and the Vaike, who would come out alive my fellow FE fans?
I'd say Hector, of course.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Boyd just has to activate colossus and he wins. (OP mastery skills). Neither Hector nor Vaike have nihil to negate it.

Hector loses from having lowest stat caps (gg)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Mia is way too hard to use, i got sick of doing only like, 3 damage to enemies. I recruited Stefan and he had higher stats than Mia by a long shot. If I need a swordmaster then I'll consider using him.

Difficult mode is... weird. I beat FE 12 without losing a single unit, so FE 9 should be a piece of cake.

I hope.

Boyd, only because Vaike is gross.

Edit: Realistically Hector probably would.
Woah woah! You don't use units who require a little work but give a huge payoff! WHAT???

Heck that is my specialty, "babying" weak units who have epic stat growths (or maybe mediocre growths but that character is in my always use list) and then getting them to demolish entire armies! Plus maxing out stats and transferring them to over RD transforms them into MONSTERS! Well really powerful units. Heck +2 boost in their base stats really ups the game.

And Nephenee is a very very OP unit in RD. Especially when you give her the Wishblade later.

And FE9 is a piece of cake since technically the Hard difficulty on PoR is normal difficulty in Japan. We never got the insane difficulty level they got :(

Plus Boyd wins hands down. Highest stat caps plus Colossus. Instant win! And he has Urvan :D

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Woah woah! You don't use units who require a little work but give a huge payoff! WHAT???
It's too hard. Sure, characters like Meg are amazing late game in something like RD, but is it REALLLLLY worth it?

I still use Meg though most of the time, but she's just so overwhelmingly bad.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's too hard. Sure, characters like Meg are amazing late game in something like RD, but is it REALLLLLY worth it?

I still use Meg though most of the time, but she's just so overwhelmingly bad.

Well considering I never use the Dawn Brigade, I agree about Meg being horrible.Never leveled her enough to realize her growths though. Used her father though, pretty good if raised right. Maybe not as easy as using Gatrie though.

Why the hell is Meg the pegasus? I used Marcia in PoR but then realized that Nephenee and Oscar made her somewhat redundant. Plus Elincia outclasses her in the 2nd game.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I photoshopped Megs face onto that pegasus many years ago because her growth rates are basically a pegasus knights'.

Like, look at them

HP | STR | MAG | SKL | SPD | LUC | DEF | RES
60| 35| 15| 40| 65 |75| 35| 50

Those are are NOT Armor Knight growths. lmao

Not that they're bad. She feasibly will cap every stat except Mag by the end of her tier 3 promotion. She's easily the best Marshall late game, but getting her there requires a tonne of hand holding.

Try her out though if you're not looking for LTC. You'll have a tonne of fun if you can spare a few stat boosters.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I like Meg, personnally. She always turns out good for me. Fiona can be good too... with some stat boosts and BEXP abuse. But still good.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Of course both of them turn out good, that's the way they were both designed. Absolutely horrible base stats, amazing growths and low levels to make up for it (I recall Fiona also maxes out pretty much all her stats). But realistically they're bad because Dawn Brigade is already EXP starved and have easily the hardest chapters in the game.

But try using both, or even one on Hard Mode while trying to get lowest turn count, it just fails miserably. (I really like both units)

This makes me want to play RD again.

Maybe after I finish PoR.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Laura is my favorite dawn brigade unit. Just have my one glory chapter where she solos the dragons with a blessed nosferatu and dragonfoe.

(Except for the boss)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I photoshopped Megs face onto that pegasus many years ago because her growth rates are basically a pegasus knights'.

Like, look at them

HP | STR | MAG | SKL | SPD | LUC | DEF | RES
60| 35| 15| 40| 65 |75| 35| 50

Those are are NOT Armor Knight growths. lmao

Not that they're bad. She feasibly will cap every stat except Mag by the end of her tier 3 promotion. She's easily the best Marshall late game, but getting her there requires a tonne of hand holding.

Try her out though if you're not looking for LTC. You'll have a tonne of fun if you can spare a few stat boosters.
Ok this makes me want to use Meg now. In RD Hard mode. Let see how it goes.

What is LTC?

Spartiatis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yerakitis
too much effort is needed, I'm all about EFFICIENCY, rather than babying her for a whole bunch of chapters for a slightly above average unit is not worth it for me.
Nephenee is in the same boat as Astrid. Too much work for not much.

wheeeeeeeee chapter 18

Edit: Hello Ike's promotion.

Edit 2: That's a really late promotion actually. This unit sux.

His promotion occurs in a good time. It's not late at all. Ike is also the greatest characters in the game. As time flies, you'll soon realize that it happens at a right time.

Yusssss it's the weekend and now I can play FE 9 forever

(or until the weekend ends)

Up to chapter 17 and the characters I'm using are:

Ike
Ilyana
Rhys
Jill
Kieran
Marcia
Titania
Muarim
Volke
Boyd

I wanted to use Astrid but she sucks and this is difficult mode and lol bows.

I love Boyd
Your units are alright but not the best. As for Astrid, she turns out to be an awesome paladin. Boyd was the best character I had before he promoted. After his level up to warrior, man, I cannot even find the proper words to describe his disgrace. He was just always getting hit even after getting him to level 30. You all probably know that fighters, warriors and berserkers have low defences. So Boyd would be getting himself killed in a matter of 3 or 4 blows. Since he was this terrible, I added him to my 'bad characters' play through.

Well, the final chapter will give you a nice surprise, especially if you've ever beaten the game on an easier difficulty.

Mia starts out terrible, but she has (arguably) the best stat growth for a Swordmaster in the game. It's a toss-up between her and Zihark.

Like you said, arguably the best growths. I believe that Zihark and Stefan have the greater ones. All in all, Stefan is amazing because he come with high stats, growths, and thanks to this huge startup boost, you do not have to struggle praying to see wether he is going to get a stat increase every time he levels up. In my opinion, I find that in later chapters of every game in the series, swordmasters are always useless and outclassed by berserkers. Like Alone keeps mentioning, there is something extra in the last chapter when you play FE9 on the hardest difficulty.

Boyd just has to activate colossus and he wins. (OP mastery skills). Neither Hector nor Vaike have nihil to negate it.

Hector loses from having lowest stat caps (gg)
Your post is just a little weird. It's like saying Hector could get a critical hit. Colossus is based on Boyd's skill percentage and critical as well. For those of you whom have forgotten, Hector as a great lord is an armored unit, as in a general. Which means that his defense stat is usually maxed out. Additionally, if this this is stat wise, then Hector has 15 constitution and Boyd contains 14, this causes Colossus not being able to activate. Checkout the rule for this skill.

If Fire Emblem had its own subforum, I would make a poll, but I guess I will just need to ask here.

If a showdown ever occurred between Boyd, Hector, and the Vaike, who would come out alive my fellow FE fans?

Hector for sure. I listed my reasons above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have any of you tried to challenge yourselves in a Fire Emblem walkthrough? I have done a 'worst characters' run on every game except for FE3, 8 and 11. It's basically having the worst people of both the game and their class as your mains. Additionally, I've recently started and finished an 'all girls challenge' on FE3, 6, 7, 8 and 9. It is really fun to do because I only train girls no matter what, and some male lords which are oftentimes needed to complete the game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Have any of you tried to challenge yourselves in a Fire Emblem walkthrough? I have done a 'worst characters' run on every game except for FE3, 8 and 11. It's basically having the worst people of both the game and their class as your mains. Additionally, I've recently started and finished an 'all girls challenge' on FE3, 6, 7, 8 and 9. It is really fun to do because I only train girls no matter what, and some male lords which are oftentimes needed to complete the game.
I think I started an Ike + Girls run of FE9. not really much of a challenge, though, since one of said girls happens to be a certain redhead paladin.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Constitution only matters in path of radiance. In radiant dawn, colossus is a skill/2% activation that justs triples strength.

So 40*3 str - 29 def of Hector = 91 damage, not including a weapon which can be a hammer too :p

Vaike with axebreaker can be a problem, but mastery skills aren't affected by hitrate in radiant dawn.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think I started an Ike + Girls run of FE9. not really much of a challenge, though, since one of said girls happens to be a certain redhead paladin.
And a pink haired paladin knight, a green haired lancer, a purple haired thunder mage and a purplish blue haired swordmaster. Also another red headed wyvern knight.

Heck my team already consists of most of these characters so can't say changing it a bit to only girls can be too hard.

Don't see how this team can go wrong.

Constitution only matters in path of radiance. In radiant dawn, colossus is a skill/2% activation that justs triples strength.

So 40*3 str - 29 def of Hector = 91 damage, not including a weapon which can be a hammer too :p

Vaike with axebreaker can be a problem, but mastery skills aren't affected by hitrate in radiant dawn.
Yea. The way that skills work have been changed so Boyd will probably still win.

Last edited:

Spartiatis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yerakitis
Everything is over done in FE10. I'm comparing Boyd's stats, growths, caps and skill from FE9 because it would obviously be easy to say that Boyd and many other comrades would win from the RD side. Say Hector had FE10 growths and caps, then that would change everything and would become a harder choice between both. I'm only evening the odds so there can be a good matchup. For the weapons situation, there are so many that can be better from one to another, like giving Hector the Regal Blade or Basilikos, Boyd could wield Urvan or a hammer, both could use brave and killer axes. Which is why it's simply better to use an iron axe.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Growth rates: HP/Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res
Boyd: 80/65/5/45/45/40/50/10
Hector: 90/60/--/45/35/30/50/25
Vaike (Warrior): 105/75/10/65/50/45/50/10

With similar defense growths, Hector's defense doesn't give him the greatest edge except in a stat cap.

I forgot Hector could use a sword, and bringing a sword to an axe fight pretty much wins the showdown. EXCEPT Vaike can switch class to hero/assassin and use a sword himself. TBH Hector just loses cause he doesn't have skills, and even if he had general's skills, he would just slowly die as he would always get doubled with that bad speed growth. If we want to optimize, then Boyd can get the skills resolve and wrath and instant win from having too much speed and dodge very easily. (Also increases his colossus activation rate)

The match comes down to whether or not Boyd can one shot Vaike or not cause Vaike will have counter + sol and pretty much heal back up. Course Boyd can then opt for nihil and negate sol and counter, but Vaike can use a sword and Boyd can't. Boyd needs resolve to beat Vaike so yea.

There is nihil + swordslayer though... if Boyd can survive 1 round from Vaike, then he can switch to that for the kill most likely. Too much conjecture, someone has to go mod this as a battle.

Last edited:

Spartiatis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yerakitis
At the end of the day, we are arguing on a theory that is probably never going to happen. Real smart.

So what are your visions regarding to the crossover with Shin Megami Tensei?

.Alone

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRawkHawk
At the end of the day, we are arguing on a theory that is probably never going to happen. Real smart.

But isn't that the point of an argument? No reason in debating a commonly known fact. We argue over the abstract, not the concrete.

As for the crossover title, I wish I could have a justified vision of what the game will be, but I've never touched a SMT game. That being said, I have no idea what concepts or characters they could pull from that franchise and fuse into the FE franchise.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Hmm. I have a real good idea of what might be how SMT * FE might work. SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked is one of my favourite 3DS games and operates how I would consider a crossover game would work. The battle map functions similarly to Fire Emblem (more like Final Fantasy Tactics) but still turn based movement with the battles following something similar to the Press Turn system that SMT games are known for.

For the characters, I think it will be that the major FE characters got hands on some device (like most SMT protagonists do) that help them summon demons and take their battles to the next level. I would want all SMT demons though and a lot of FE characters! Just wonder what the storyline would be though.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
There is nothing I have ever seen in Shin Megami Tensei or any of the related games that ever appealed to me. The story, art direction, and premise of the games are uninteresting at best or offensive at worst.

I'd rather the crossover never happens, honestly. I think there could be a better franchise to buddy up to. Being the Fire Emblem fan that I am, this is almost like a Legend of Zelda x Devil May Cry game. I would rather barf. If it comes out I won't be buying it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
There is nothing I have ever seen in Shin Megami Tensei or any of the related games that ever appealed to me. The story, art direction, and premise of the games are uninteresting at best or offensive at worst.

I'd rather the crossover never happens, honestly. I think there could be a better franchise to buddy up to. Being the Fire Emblem fan that I am, this is almost like a Legend of Zelda x Devil May Cry game. I would rather barf. If it comes out I won't be buying it.
Well you have a point there with that Fire Emblem realm and the SMT realm does not match. Not that the games are uninteresting but SMT works on a different premise. FE and SMT are the last games I expected to have a crossover. Although that doesn't mean the game would be bad. Nintendo and Atlus must know what they are doing or atleast thinking of doing. The art style and direction could be altered to a middle ground so the series is appropriate for a Nintendo console.

Try Devil Survivor Overclocked on 3DS. I like it a lot more than the main SMT series which I still like. This game has better art style as well awesome gameplay. That is the game that I took for reference of how the crossover could turn out. Not referring to the main SMT 1, 2, 3 or 4 for my comments.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well you have a point there with that Fire Emblem realm and the SMT realm does not match. Not that the games are uninteresting but SMT works on a different premise. FE and SMT are the last games I expected to have a crossover. Although that doesn't mean the game would be bad. Nintendo and Atlus must know what they are doing or atleast thinking of doing. The art style and direction could be altered to a middle ground so the series is appropriate for a Nintendo console.

Try Devil Survivor Overclocked on 3DS. I like it a lot more than the main SMT series which I still like. This game has better art style as well awesome gameplay. That is the game that I took for reference of how the crossover could turn out. Not referring to the main SMT 1, 2, 3 or 4 for my comments.
I'll look into it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Co-signing Overclocked.

I'm not a huge fan of the main series SMT games, but Devil Survivor is amazing.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Co-signing Overclocked.

I'm not a huge fan of the main series SMT games, but Devil Survivor is amazing.
Exactly! It is awesome :D

I played the original Devil Survivor on DS for 100 hours and then played Overclocked for another 100. Loved it!
Didn't get into DS 2 as much as DS 1. Waiting for DS 2: Break Record to see if that changes with the upgraded version.

King of Bel for Smash :p

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm a huge fan of both SMT and FE, the announcement of the crossover was one of the greatest days in gaming for me.

I'm sad we haven't heard much about it since. I'm confident that whatever it ends up being will be good, Atlus is at the top when it comes to JRPGs and I trust Intelligent Systems with SRPGs, I just want to know more about it.

Top Bottom