• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I still own a copy.
I don't need it on eShop so I don't care.

I actually really care and I hate you guys.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, as a result of Serra being my only Lyn mode draft, Lyn is kinda sorta level 17 going into Hector mode.

At least I don't have to worry about securing Geitz now.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

In spite of things like this happening more often than I'd like, everyone ended up pretty average by the end of Lyn's mode.

Except Lucius, who decided he was too good for speed and is still sitting at his base of 10. Four levels later. And he's behind on Res. What a jerk.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

In spite of things like this happening more often than I'd like, everyone ended up pretty average by the end of Lyn's mode.

Except Lucius, who decided he was too good for speed and is still sitting at his base of 10. Four levels later. And he's behind on Res. What a jerk.
My Lucius was way better than yours. :3

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Everyone's should be. I'm pretty sure mine is average at best in all his stats.
I remember when I played the game, my Lucius was almost maxing all the essential stats. Wait I think I still have that play through on my save file so might just continue the game again. I still have to beat Hector's mode on hard difficulty, it is just hard for me to go back to the GBA Fire Emblems after I loved the Tellius series!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Lucius almost always maxes magic skill speed and I think Res.

His problem is his lack of Luck/def makes him much less reliable than Serra in HHM, especially in drafts.

He does, however, have some great utility, since he starts at C Staves on promotion, while Erk/Canas start at E, and Pent joins w/ B.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Whelp, my GBA is broken and my sister lost her DS charger so I can't play off my cart for now -_-;;

11 str (+3) Florina and 11 str (+2) 11 speed (+1) Kent ;_;

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Found the charger after some searching (yay!) My only units in Lyn mode were Kent and Florina...

16/1 Kent, decided to promote him now just so Lowen can get the first knight crest in chapter 17.

he's -2 in str, i gave him the energy ring to compensate. I'm expecting Kent to carry my mid game till at least when I get Harken to carry the rest. One thing I'm happy about is Kent's blessed defense. Easily happy to trade that for lower str with my no healers.

Next though....

Hot damn that str.. that's +5 str, you are reading that right, +5 str from average. I'm -1.5 on defense LOOL (not a single defense level up). She got my robe because I want her to be able to fly in and take out at least 2 units. Sucks she's speed screwed (-2) Also low on HP.. (-2).. This Florina so frail and slow but hits like a bus full of fat people. Gonna have to ue slim lances on her for now though..

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
On 13x so far. My Eliwood is not off to the greatest start (still no Strength at level 6), but he's gotten a lot of Def/Luck.

Hector doing solid as well. Serra already near-invincible.

Once I finish 13x, it will be time for that scary stretch of chapters where I'll only have a very very small team.

Hector, Eliwood, Serra from 14-19.
Dart joins in 19.
Legault in 20.
Geitz in 24.
Farina in 25.
Pent/Louise in 26.

Most of my team joins mid-game, so at least my core should be pretty beefy by then. Chapter 21 & 22 are going to be hellish with only 5 units, though. At least I'll have Ninian for 21 since force-deployed, and Isadora/Rath/Lyn for 22.

Vennobennu

Smash Rookie
Actually - as long as her village doesn't get destroyed, Priscilla will join at the end of the chapter. You don't need to actively recruit her. If you can use Marcus or Oswin here, they make good distractions for the pirates too.

And just wait 'till the pegs start using Steel Lances, fighting 0 AS enemies is hilarious.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, for this chapter, I have Hector and Dorcas. Hah.

Edit: Also, according to Serenes, she'll only auto-join if Erk survives too. I don't think I can manage to protect them both. Erk just died on this attempt because he's suicidal.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Well, for this chapter, I have Hector and Dorcas. Hah.

Edit: Also, according to Serenes, she'll only auto-join if Erk survives too. I don't think I can manage to protect them both. Erk just died on this attempt because he's suicidal.
You only have axe users right now?
RIP Skill

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It doesn't help that even when I get a non axe user, I still won't have any Skill. Lol Sain. Lucius is okay.

In other news, I believe I've found a strategy that'll work next time. I think I'm just gonna abandon the top part of the map since I can't split my attention. Dorcas is a little frail (in that he can't eat entire 4 battles per enemy phase and stabilize with vulneraries), so he'll kinda have to hang back.

Hector, on the other hand, is the new Wallace. May based Hector lead me to victory.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It doesn't help that even when I get a non axe user, I still won't have any Skill. Lol Sain. Lucius is okay.

In other news, I believe I've found a strategy that'll work next time. I think I'm just gonna abandon the top part of the map since I can't split my attention. Dorcas is a little frail (in that he can't eat entire 4 battles per enemy phase and stabilize with vulneraries), so he'll kinda have to hang back.

Hector, on the other hand, is the new Wallace. May based Hector lead me to victory.

Yea the armour he gets his insane! Although in his own route, he falls a bit behind since we can't evolve him till we get Armads!

I am not a huge fan of axe users, but some of them are just legendary in their own right. Also Ike is the only hero after Hector that I have seen to be the no-damage person. Especially on Path of Radiance where is way OP!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941

Oh hey that seems familiar

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Kent is my Marcus once I reach chapter 16, gonna be doing chapter 14 later today when LCS playoffs starts xD

I dumped the skill book into hector the moment I got it cause I need him to hit them hand axes.

I'm wondering who to give my afa drops

Spartiatis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yerakitis
Kent is my Marcus once I reach chapter 16, gonna be doing chapter 14 later today when LCS playoffs starts xD

I dumped the skill book into hector the moment I got it cause I need him to hit them hand axes.

I'm wondering who to give my afa drops

I always give the drops to Nino. But since she is not on your list and most of your crew would probably be promoted when you get Afa's drops, my choice would be one of your pegs or Harken.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea I'm leaning towards Fiora or Harken cause Florina will promote first for me and the next promotion item for Fiora would chapter 24 (earth seal) or 25 if i use earth seal for someone... Actually if I get the Knight crest in 17 don't need anymore promotion items as only 3 units to promote on my list (Kent promoted in Lyn mode)

Last edited:
Why would you give afa drops to harken. Those hard mode bonuses already make him endgame material.

Plus, still salty about draft :D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Because Kent, Lowen, and Florina are gonna be 20/10 most likely. Fiora will be most likely level 20 ready to promote when I get them since I get her promo item the chapter after afa drops. So Fiora is most likely gonna get it, but Harken is a cool dude too.

update on my status:

skipped 17x cause 2 of the NPC soliders suicided themselves the turn before I seiged the throne :\

also Kent is just plowing through everyone as a paladin LOL, this is a bit broken.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
So I got back to business! I finally had success with Ch 13! Erk super died. Dorcas failed to defend Merlinus because too many enemies showed up. =(

Hector barely managed to make it to Priscilla's village. The bandits allllmost destroyed the village, but Hector was a bro and critted like, 4 enemies in a row during Enemy Phase to clear a path to lure them away.

Speaking of just how much of a bro Hector is, this is what almost all of his level ups in this run have looked like:

This is what he's currently at. No stat boosters. I'm sure he's stolen every growth from every other character.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think your Hector stole his powers from mine.

Mine is under on Strength, Speed, Skill, Defense by like 2 points each. ;_;

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I thought that Hector was just supposed to be really ****ing good. So after he reached like, level 8 I checked Serenes and he was already ahead of some average by a couple stats. Then he showed no signs of stopping and here we are.

Also **** this guy.

MY TURNSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had 3 pegasus knights wait on that fort. (in a line)

My hector is average.. my Florina though.. level 13 and has 16 str, like she's has the most str of all my other units of Lowen (10 and lowest) Kent at 14, and Hector at 15.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So I got back to business! I finally had success with Ch 13! Erk super died. Dorcas failed to defend Merlinus because too many enemies showed up. =(

Hector barely managed to make it to Priscilla's village. The bandits allllmost destroyed the village, but Hector was a bro and critted like, 4 enemies in a row during Enemy Phase to clear a path to lure them away.

Speaking of just how much of a bro Hector is, this is what almost all of his level ups in this run have looked like:

This is what he's currently at. No stat boosters. I'm sure he's stolen every growth from every other character.
Maybe he got pissed when many of us were saying that he would get his ass whupped by Boyd :p

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well um...
See that we're talking about FE7, I actually did beaten FE7 a couple of weeks ago. That first I tried to solo the game with Marcus just for laughs, but then it get tedious so I restarted and played normally. Ah I remember how Hector was so awesome. <3
Yup. Hector can be a true badass if he levels up properly. Plus he has Wolf Beil at the start which is a good custom axe and then Armads. And in Eliwood's route, you can promote him fairly early so he can be very high level by the end.

We were just talking about how @ Delta-cod Delta-cod 's Hector was becoming way OP in his recent most playthrough :)

By the way, which other FEs have you played?

Top Bottom