• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So I did Chapters 16-17x tonight, and I picked up three of my units. Which is good, because I was about to need people to start feeding XP to.

Here are the shenanigans:

Chapter 16:
Sain started off pretty clutch while defending Lyn and friends from doom.

And then immediately fell back into old habits.

Chapter 17 went well, almost without a hitch. I'm realizing that I'm probably missing tons of value from chests from not having a thief. Life is pretty bad.

Chapter 17x also went well, except for people's LEVEL UPS.

Sain plz.

All the while, Dorcas continued to give me reasons to hate him.

Those two are okay, I guesssssss, but...

I swear, he's just a ****ing meat head. All he does is HP.

But in the end, it's all worth it. Because of this guy:

ALL HAIL LORD HECTOR.

This guy is:
-1 HP
= Str
+7.4 Skill
+2.35 Spd
+3.3 Luck
+2.5 Def
+2.25 Res

Accounting for Promotion bonuses, he's at about 20/18 Skill. He never needs to get Skill again, and he doesn't need to wait to get it either. He's already at 20/10 Res with bonuses. 20/12 Luck.

This is the best unit I've ever seen.
Woah! That level 18 level up! That was amazing.

I can see why this is the best unit you have ever seen. But the most cap touching units I have seen are in Radiant Dawn. Nephenee maxed everything at level 20 whereas Sothe's caps were so LOW that he maxed every single stat at level 12.... I didn't even know that was possible till then.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It's easier to cap stuff in RD because of the way BExp works in that game, though. Unless you mean naturally at her first level 20, in which case that's super impressive.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's easier to cap stuff in RD because of the way BExp works in that game, though. Unless you mean naturally at her first level 20, in which case that's super impressive.
Yea Bexp really makes maxing easier. Well if I remember correctly, she didn't max everything at Halberdier 20 that would be impossible. I think it was at lvl 15 Sentinel not lvl 20. Sothe was without Bexp though so that was surprising.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sothe's is impressive, although he has pretty low caps IIRC, so it's not too unreasonable, although it does require some luck.

Maxing at third tier 15 is pretty solid, though. Definitely doable depending on some of the character's growths/levels. If they can hit a few caps early on then BExp will carry the rest to capping everything. I think I got Laura to cap everything one time at around the same level.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Sothe's is impressive, although he has pretty low caps IIRC, so it's not too unreasonable, although it does require some luck.

Maxing at third tier 15 is pretty solid, though. Definitely doable depending on some of the character's growths/levels. If they can hit a few caps early on then BExp will carry the rest to capping everything. I think I got Laura to cap everything one time at around the same level.
I never used any of the Dawn Brigade except Sothe and Micaiah so can't say too much on that. Sothe was a disappointment when you look at his caps as well as his class skill which pales in comparison to Volke's lethality.

The Bonus experience was one of the best things about Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. You could use characters you got from a very weak stage to become useful unlike the earlier GBA FE games where that was hard to do and had to make that character somehow get experience.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My Laura capped completely at 20/20/17

Sadly her caps suck. Doesn't matter though, Laura da bess.

Last edited:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hot damn that Hector o.0

Anyway, I finished Ch. 23 (desert chapter) in my OLD draft and got all the buried stuff this time. The only notable event I have to report is Dart double missing an Archer with 82%.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Double missing at 82% is still more likely than a 1% crit (its a 3.24% chance of happening)

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Progress!

Chapter 18 happened. I've always hated ship levels, and this one was no different! The constant influx of Pegs made my desire to send Lucius onto the Shaman boat nothing more than an unfulfilled dream, and it made getting everyone off the way top of our ship really difficult, because I had two squishies to shield. Luckily, nothing terrible happened, because Sain finally got his **** together.

And passed his terrible luck off to Knoll Canas.

Chapter 19 was Fog of War. Bleck. This one took a bunch of attempts because I wasn't really sure how many enemies were off the East/North East, and I kept getting caught in the middle by the bridges. So I tried a new strategy of bum rushing as far South as possible, leaving Hector, Lord and Savior, up North to deal with all the pirates and pegs Nomads. I was kinda worried about fighting a boss without Hector, but I figured Sain could handle it, he had a Horse Slayer.

BUT WAIT I FORGOT THAT SAIN NEVER GAINED SKILL ON LEVEL UPS.

pls kill me. I was too lazy to wait for Hector so Sain danced the dance of death with Killing Edge Uhai. And won!

Chapter 19x. Well, it was going really well. I was confused with the whole seal thing, but worked around it. Lucius/Canas were doing super well and basically doing magic duels so they could catch up in levels. They couldn't possibly hit the boss, so I went and brought Sain/Dorcas/Hector over. Try to hit him with Sain/Hector, misses for days. Meanwhile, I left Canas/Lucius down by the forts in the Silence range to sort of slow down the trail of mage reinforcements coming from the start.

Enemy Phase begins.

Wait where did he go? **** I didn't account for him LEAVING. At least Sain/Dorcas/Hector are basically at full health, they'll be-

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Today Delta got destroyed by Match Up Inexperience.

The team thus far

Dorcas's last level up. Pretty mediocre. He never really got any amazing level ups to make up for his constant bad ones.

I don't really know what's happened to Sain, but I'm so glad he can use the Weapon Triangle to actually hit things. Dat Spd.

Robed and otherwise pretty average.

And average.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dude I know right I downloaded a emulator for it and bout to download the ROM until i get me a physical copy along with FE6.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So i decided to play FE:A again while out of town for Labor day and man the first 5 chapters are a massive pain and especially ch. 2 but I have that behind me now and at Ch.14 and married Chrom to Sully along with the way. Now i'm just finishing up pairings and gonna recruit children soon.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
So i decided to play FE:A again while out of town for Labor day and man the first 5 chapters are a massive pain and especially ch. 2 but I have that behind me now and at Ch.14 and married Chrom to Sully along with the way. Now i'm just finishing up pairings and gonna recruit children soon.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Ch2.

HHM draft is making me sad. I'll edit/post later with more progress, but for now, have some of my failures/sadness.

The nice things I can't have due to being thief-less.

Nobody will ever promote (seriously I don't think I've had a promotion item yet wtf this sux.

Fun fact, at this point I had...50G? Left in my funds. ;_;

But overall, the best thing to happen thus far.

Death by poison. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I was so far away from getting to Legault fast enough my first run of the map that I didn't bother trying to make that happen. Perhaps if I really really tried to I could have. Buuuuuuuuut I didn't really consider it because I saw the path he was running and I figured I'd only maybe make it if I basically Hector solo'd and prayed. =/

Also I can't go back now even if I wanted :awesome:

But actually it's okay because I was given an extra 5000G at the start of the next chapter, so I got stocked again. The only thing that really sucks is losing the ring.

Also, this forced deployment of Eliwood and Lyn is reaaaaaaaaaaaally annoying.

On the bright side!

Sain's about to move up in the world.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
**** me, @ Delta-cod Delta-cod @ Ussi Ussi @ Raziek Raziek @#HBC | BarDeeZy

First mistake. Underestimated the fact that I cannot get enough Guiding Rings/Hero's Crests to upgrade 3 units (Pris, Bartre, and Guy) without getting Legault who would be hell on Earth to recruit. As a result, my less than stellar wuss of a Guy is sitting the bench as a level 20 Myrmidon.

Second mistake. I did not know you could get stuck on Pale Flower of Darkness if you don't have either a Thief or a pair of Door Keys on Jerme's version. I could field Matt just for the doors, but he doesn't have a lockpick because I sold it. As a result, I am forced to turn 1 Vulneary into 1 Door Key with a cheating device or go back to my previous save on the desert level.

Further bad news, I think it was Ussi's, but it might have been Delta-cod's, but someone's Hector has Space Jammed mine. He's usable, but not reliable. Marcus is old and slow. Bartre is pulling through for me. Pris has no Magic so speak of, but stellar defensive stats. Guy's a permyridon. I haven't gotten Karla yet.

The good news. Isadora (after two Body Rings and 3 Goddess Icons and an Angelic Robe) is a good ****ing unit. The better news is that Wil and Wallace have decided to declare war on the system and are carrying me.

Ninian is still Ninian.

Now, if you will excuse me. I am taking my cheating device and going back to Pale Flower of Darkness.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Second mistake. I did not know you could get stuck on Pale Flower of Darkness if you don't have either a Thief or a pair of Door Keys on Jerme's version. I could field Matt just for the doors, but he doesn't have a lockpick because I sold it. As a result, I am forced to turn 1 Vulneary into 1 Door Key with a cheating device or go back to my previous save on the desert level.
Eh, I don't think anyone will care if you cheat in a Door Key. This is good info for me though. I guess I'll save one!

Further bad news, I think it was Ussi's, but it might have been Delta-cod's, but someone's Hector has Space Jammed mine. He's usable, but not reliable. Marcus is old and slow. Bartre is pulling through for me. Pris has no Magic so speak of, but stellar defensive stats. Guy's a permyridon. I haven't gotten Karla yet.
You mean this Hector?

#selfie #noboosters #allnatural

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That Hector.

Also, don't save one Door Key. Save two. I had two and then I used one on Genesis.

Who are you using your earth seal from chapter 24 on?
Pris. I've got no guiding rings because I missed Legault. I can upgrade Guy with the final Earth Seal though.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Will do. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it'll let me avoid stuff like this.

But apparently this game is long
[2:17:29 AM] Deltacod: So hopefully I'll get some promo items
[2:17:35 AM] Deltacod: Like a guiding ring
[2:17:36 AM] Deltacod: Soon
[2:17:37 AM] Deltacod: plz
[2:17:37 AM] Deltacod: game
[2:17:48 AM] ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Jake Turner ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ: um
[2:17:52 AM] ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Jake Turner ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ: I hate to break it to you
[2:17:55 AM] ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Jake Turner ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ: But
[2:18:08 AM] Deltacod: plz
[2:18:09 AM] ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Jake Turner ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ: You kinda needed that one on Legault's chapter >______>
[2:18:12 AM] Deltacod: ......................
[2:18:16 AM] Deltacod: .....................................................

This game needs more bosses that drop promotions items **** this stealing nonsense.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm Earth Sealing Lucius. Currently, the only promotions I need to account for are Canas and Rath. Dorcas got a Hero Seal from the desert and Sain got a Knight's Crest already. Hector will get his Lord thing eventually. Heath gets the Whip I nabbed from Ch21.

I just really want a healer already. I don't want to buy more vulneraries. >_>

Also, Chapter 24 is ****ing hard. AND IT'S ALMOST THE THIRD FOG OF WAR MAP IN A ROW WTF.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hey guys, Delta can't promote Rath because he sold his only Orion's Bolt. Let's all point and laugh.
Woah... That sucks.

Well I am not really the point and laugh guy (I know it's a joke) but his run just became tons harder...

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Not really. Rather isn't a carry unit and you get him late enough that he shouldn't make that much of an impact. Post promotion he still isn't doing much, so benching him isn't a major issue.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
My draft finished yesterday. I'll post photos of my units next chance I get to connect my iPhone, and when I'm not playing my JP copy of Smash 4. :3c

Farina and Dart carried me super hard.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
My draft finished yesterday. I'll post photos of my units next chance I get to connect my iPhone, and when I'm not playing my JP copy of Smash 4. :3c

Farina and Dart carried me super hard.
Dude you got a JPN copy of smash 4 you have inform me of some Robin and Lucina dirt if you find any?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I will have a thread for it in the Robin boards and Lucina boards. I'll post links when relevant.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
What can I say? I guess I really needed that 5000G at the time. @_@

I blame not having Rath yet, plus thinking he was a horsie and not an archer. Whoops.

He's still not useless. Ch 27 and he's still got solid chip damage and the ability to double things. I just won't be able to have him do stuff on his own, and I might just leave him alone later.

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
I think a good thing about fire emblem is its unpredictability. In some cases though, it does not go quite as well as one would expect.
<--- This Hector for example

It adds to its replay ability, so it's a double edged sword. My other Hectors turn out MUCH better, but even a mediocre Hector is ok I suppose.

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
I thought me accidentally wasting an hour of progress by throwing Miccy against a boss that could 1 shot her would be a good icebreaker.

Top Bottom