• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So, I decided I wanted to have a link arena bout with 4 teams from drafts. I am taking my current draft which is on chapter 28 on my phone and I am going to finish it at my leisure. I drafted 5 teams with Raz. I was teams 1, 3, and 5. He was teams 2 and 4. I will take an arena team from my current draft and one from each of them.

Raz has the teams. I'll bug him to post them. I want people to tell me what I should do for arena teams and if anyone else doesn't play on cartridge anymore, they can send me data whenever I get through and I can see how the arena treats them.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Everyone bear witness. Prior to meeting the knight in shining armor, my Lyn has acquired his chiseled body. Come! Break your weapons on my armor!

I am two points away from beating her 20/20 average. Raz has been sitting here the whole time. This is finally proof that my bull**** statistical anomalies are not born from cheating the system.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
After we finished, we named them roughly based on who the the teams look like they would be drafted by.

Team 1 Firefly (Ryker) (Fire)

Serra (Thunder)
Sain (Wind)
Kent (Anima)
Dorcas (Fire)
Dart (Fire)
Rebecca (Fire)
Jaffar (Ice)
Vaida (Fire)

Team 2 Ussi (Raz) (Fire)
Priscilla (Wind)
Lowen (Fire)
Florina (Light)
Farina (Anima)
Harken (Fire)
Isadora (Dark)
Athos (Anima)
Wallace (Thunder)

Team 3 Raziek (Ryker) (Thunder/Ice)
Legault (Ice)
Raven (Ice)
Lucius (Light)
Heath (Thunder)
Bartre (Thunder)
Karla (Dark)
Lyn (Wind)
Geitz (Thunder)
Renault (Anima)

Team 4 The Other Guy (Raz) (Anima)
Matthew (Wind)
Eliwood (Anima)
Guy (Fire)
Canas (Anima)
Ninian (Ice)
Karel (Light)
Nino (Fire)
Hawkeye (Wind)

Team 5 Bardull (Ryker)
Marcus (Ice)
Oswin (Anima)
Erk (Thunder)
Pent (Ice)
Fiora (Wind)
Louise (Light)
Rath (Dark)
Will (Wind)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So yeah... Lyn Mode.

Lyn Averages at 20:

29 HP
12 Str
18 Skl
20 Spd
15 Lck
6 Def
6 Res

Note that her 20/20 average defense is only 12 and her cap is 22. We're doing it boys. We're living the dream. Defense capped Lyn inbound.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Chapter 27 dskuahdsakuhdsalfdhaluwehfdsjcdsafkaeuhrkufdjskahfdasjklfads

The RNG has toyed with me so many times I can't deal. ;_;

Never ever want to draft Karel again.

Last edited:
Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

If you get lucky enough she can end up capping magic and resistance early. On average she will have capped magic/resistance by level 18. If you get even a bit lucky with her stats which does not seem hard she might cap by say level 16? Then, she has a speed of ~12 by level 16. BEXP her to level 20 and get +4 speed procurements to get 16 speed. With a bit of RNG luck 17 seems obtainable. Now, a full 20 speed is a lot of luck x.x

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

If you get lucky enough she can end up capping magic and resistance early. On average she will have capped magic/resistance by level 18. If you get even a bit lucky with her stats which does not seem hard she might cap by say level 16? Then, she has a speed of ~12 by level 16. BEXP her to level 20 and get +4 speed procurements to get 16 speed. With a bit of RNG luck 17 seems obtainable. Now, a full 20 speed is a lot of luck x.x
I only BEXPed the last level tho. Granted, that last level took me about 12 resets. Beyond that, no resets.

And she still has never doubled anything.

What mode are you playing on?

I could have sworn 17 speed was enough to double things in Part 1 stuff. At the very least she is not getting doubled.

Last edited:

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So I grabbed some ROM's for FE6 and FE7 and I'm gonna play FE7 first. Seeing how you guys got finished with a FE7 draft what units should I look out for in terms of potential and such and the differences between the different modes?

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
So I grabbed some ROM's for FE6 and FE7 and I'm gonna play FE7 first. Seeing how you guys got finished with a FE7 draft what units should I look out for in terms of potential and such and the differences between the different modes?
Though they were talking about multiple paths and such, all you're going to be able to choose from for your first file is the difficulty. If you're (relatively) new to the series, Normal is probably a good idea. Personally, I think the first playthrough is a better experience if you don't know which units are best and just work with what you have. Maybe someone else can weigh in more on the characters though.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 I usually try to use as many units as possible in my first playthrough of a game. I'll usually pick Normal Difficulty and then arena abuse, just to see how units turn out.

In general, though, old traditions stay constant. Armor Knights tend to suck, Cavaliers/Paladins are good, your fliers tend to be good if only for their utility. Magic is great in the GBA generation, beware of Jeigan, etc.

For FE6, you'll need a Myrmidon/Swordmaster early on as a boss slayer. Bosses in that game can be no joke, especially due to throne bonuses and hit rates in general. Also, you're going to need Recover staves. Lots of them. Trust me. Also, you might wanna look up the Gaiden chapter requirements. You need them all to get the real ending.

For FE7, keep in mind that you don't need Gaiden chapters to get the final chapter, like in FE6. Otherwise, it's pretty standard, just keep a balanced team and everything should be fine. Also, MAKE SURE YOU USE AND KEEP A THIEF. If you've played other FE games, you may be familiar with the fact that enemies tend to drop Door Keys/Chest Keys/Gems/Promo Items, even if you're not getting all the goodies, you'll be getting a lot. This may only apply to Hard Mode, but if you don't use a Thief, you'll be missing out on A LOT of value. It will make your life difficult. Use a Thief. For real.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Though they were talking about multiple paths and such, all you're going to be able to choose from for your first file is the difficulty. If you're (relatively) new to the series, Normal is probably a good idea. Personally, I think the first playthrough is a better experience if you don't know which units are best and just work with what you have. Maybe someone else can weigh in more on the characters though.
The game started at Normal actually. And this isn't my first FE, it's more like my 5th FE now lol. But standard advice got it.

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 I usually try to use as many units as possible in my first playthrough of a game. I'll usually pick Normal Difficulty and then arena abuse, just to see how units turn out.

In general, though, old traditions stay constant. Armor Knights tend to suck, Cavaliers/Paladins are good, your fliers tend to be good if only for their utility. Magic is great in the GBA generation, beware of Jeigan, etc.

For FE6, you'll need a Myrmidon/Swordmaster early on as a boss slayer. Bosses in that game can be no joke, especially due to throne bonuses and hit rates in general. Also, you're going to need Recover staves. Lots of them. Trust me. Also, you might wanna look up the Gaiden chapter requirements. You need them all to get the real ending.

For FE7, keep in mind that you don't need Gaiden chapters to get the final chapter, like in FE6. Otherwise, it's pretty standard, just keep a balanced team and everything should be fine. Also, MAKE SURE YOU USE AND KEEP A THIEF. If you've played other FE games, you may be familiar with the fact that enemies tend to drop Door Keys/Chest Keys/Gems/Promo Items, even if you're not getting all the goodies, you'll be getting a lot. This may only apply to Hard Mode, but if you don't use a Thief, you'll be missing out on A LOT of value. It will make your life difficult. Use a Thief. For real.
Like I thought lol. Thanks for the info and I will keep a thief hand in FE7 but otherwise standard stuff.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 Armor Knights tend to suck,
Yea usually but then there is General Amelia with boots....

This is my first run through on Hard Mode. That also explains why I couldn't give her enough BEXP to cap speed.
You only get half Bexp on hard right? So beating the Black Knight with the Greil Army in the 3rd chapter is pretty much impossible......

Still not too bad stats on Micaiah.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
When you get to FE6, you'll probably not want to rely on Axe only units too much aside from Gonzales.
You can make them work on normal, but axes are pretty bad in this game thanks to lower hit rates in general. Other units that gain axes on promotion tend to be better with them though.
This is also very good advice for FE6.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
armor knights aren't bad just low movement hinders their ability to be useless in clearing the map FAST. They are great for when you need someone to go in and get someone low for easy pickings for a weaker member who needs a little babying to get going. Basically, armor knights are great early game, and terrible mid-late game when your units are strong enough that a knight is just lagging behind everyone else and gets in no action. Oh and defend chapters they shine for just blocking off a point if need be.

Also shoutouts to Fiora for actually having defenses that I can send her on solo missions and she wipes out everyone without giving me a heart attack if she gets hit.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So I'm at Eliwood section of the game now and almost had a perfect run on Lyn mode but Florina got killed by a Cavalier who rushed her from coming off a fort :( . At least they retreat for later use but that still sucks.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also shoutouts to Fiora for actually having defenses that I can send her on solo missions and she wipes out everyone without giving me a heart attack if she gets hit.
?

She has a small lead on Florina in HP/Def/Res but gets trashed in luck. Farina destroys BOTH other pegs in the HP/Def categories, and wrecks Fiora in luck, too.

Basically Fiora's only purpose is for Res, and none of the pegs take damage worth mentioning from mages anyway! They all dodge Dark magic, get tinked by Light, and Anima's is meh.

In other news, @ ~Firefly~ ~Firefly~ , what is this unholy monstrosity?!

..... oh..... oh no.....

Lowen space-jam'd my Hector's speed. ****.

[collapse="Bonus Fly-fu included"]

[/collapse]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
pfft my Florina capped str at level 18 (and completely at level 20/2 ._.)

I just meant my Fiora can actually tank hits and not die in 3 hits unlike Florina ._.;

My Florina is -2 in HP, -2.5 in def, and -4 in res

I cri everytime cause I CAN'T USE MY +8 str Florina cause she dies just going in. She can tank only 2 hits, and then she's at sub 10 HP. I DON'T HAVE HEALERS SO THIS IS A PROBLEM (Except in chapter 26 where Pent was force deployed :>)

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wyverns

I ALSO HAD TO RESTART CAUSE JASMINE HIT MY FLORINA when he only had a 22% chance to hit UIEHFEIFHEUIFEHIFHEFE

I eventually killed both dem bosses by turn 2 thanks for Florina and Fiora though Florina's low res made her go sub10 from all the mages around ._.

Last edited:

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
Wyverns

I ALSO HAD TO RESTART CAUSE JASMINE HIT MY FLORINA when he only had a 22% chance to hit UIEHFEIFHEUIFEHIFHEFE

I eventually killed both dem bosses by turn 2 thanks for Florina and Fiora though Florina's low res made her go sub10 from all the mages around ._.
It makes me sad when I have to restart a chapter due to 1% and 2% crits. That's really unlucky though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I WISH MY LOWEN GOT SKILL THAT HIGH OMG (10 skill op)

I failed chapter 27 cause I failed to account for the door keys in the beginning. But I took heed and I had bought 5 door keys ahead of time so just brought them all with me the 2nd time round. While I lost out on some good level ups, I got even better ones (got an extra +2 def on Fiora :D that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise) My Fiora is +3 defense but to be fair she did get afa drops at level 20/2 so thats 18 level ups with dem drops to do me proud.

I also got a +2 str HM bonus Harken

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I have Raven, Lucius, and Lyn now, so all is well... ish. Lyn and Hector are both level 20 and that is very inconvenient.

Top Bottom