• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Chapter 28 in a nutshell:

Jafar blocks the chests for the enemy thieves so I can't get the boots like I wanted

Nino had a slow death (turn 10 death)

Lowen dies trying to get the dephi shield cause he can't hit a mage twice in a row with a brave axe at turn 14 (First death for him.. looks like his use is dying out)

I'll try this again later, but I really hope Jafar doesn't screw me out of boots again -_-; I want my 10 move Fiora. Also need 10 move Fiora to quickly refill my weapon supply in chapter 29 ._. 100% skipping chapter 28x

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
so I'm playing FE12 at the moment, and damn my avatar is getting Str screwed

That's what, +1 or 2 Str in 11 levels? The same thing happened to Ike last time I played FE9 - Mist was actually equalling him in Str for most of the game.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My strongest units in my current draft run of HHM are Florina and Fiora (20+ str each) and Harken who came with 23 str base. My men are struggling, specifically Lowen is now that he misses 1/3 of his attacks. Though I expect Hector to bounce back to strongest once he promotes in 2 chapters.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I like the Dawn Brigade and multiple army get up. It actually makes me use more units than normal. Them dividing them in part 4 is ny favorite part!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Chapter 29 is utter BS omg

Florina keeps getting out to sleep
I HAVE NO WEAPONS!!
I HAVE NO HEALERS!!
Only Fiora can go out without getting instastatus'd by staves..
BUT I NEED TO GET WEAPONS FROM SHOP BUT... Florina can go to shop without being put to sleep. Fiora has to go north cause Kent/Lowen die trying to hold it with their low Res.

Fiora is my mvp pls carry me Fioraaaaa

Last edited:

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
I like the Dawn Brigade and multiple army get up. It actually makes me use more units than normal. Them dividing them in part 4 is ny favorite part!
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love this game, even the DB parts. But the writing in part 1 is not that good imo, and the same goes for the vast majority of characters that debuted in RD. Additionally, their chapters tend to be some of the hardest in the game. But after several hours of fighting with these low-leveled, mediocre characters in a boring storyline in mostly dreary looking maps, it always makes me happy to be back in Crimea with a fresh start and the old PoR characters again.

Maybe I'm just weird.

Oh, and yeah, the multiple armies thing is really freakin' cool.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well the Dawn Brigade felt like it was supposed to feel like. A weak rebellion force of an occupied nation against the powerhouse oppressors. A group who had to pick up arms to better their lives for their nation. They struggle but slowly win their independence. I thought it was nice...

Then part 3 happens :[

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
That's true. While I don't enjoy the writing as much as the other parts, it's interesting enough for me to not skip through it. I think Jarod is great as a villain. I'm not the biggest fan of Micaiah though. And the other characters, thanks to the lack of supports, are only seen in one or two info conversations throughout the entire game.

And.. you don't like part 3?

EDIT: Oh, right. The blood pact. :(

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Small FE7 update I'm at Ch.24 and have Eliwood at lvl 20 and the chapter before I grind off the area and got a few characters at level 20 cause of it and now I just need respective promotion items.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
OMG I KEEP LEARNING NEW THINGS ABOUT FE7

No idea i could toggle between staff range and attack range of enemies

Also Fiora got put to sleep by the OP Druids next to Linus. How the hell am I supposed to do this without staff users /salt

LUNA IS BROKEN OMG WHY DOES IT EXIST?!?

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Luna has a 50% hit rate on Fiora

It crits 10% of the time

24-27 damage which is more than 50% of my HP

I cri everytime

I slammed my ds when Fiora died to a luna shaman... I WAS FINE WITH THE 24-27 hit druids being Bs but dying to the wimpy 14 attack shaman (when I had exactly 14 HP) just was too much or me.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Some FE7 update for me. I'm at Ch.26x right now and stuff is gonna be crazy. I promoted Hector already and my Lyn has max speed and skill and 10 points away for being at lvl 20 so I can promote her with a heaven seal that Rath is carrying for her. Outside of that working of support converstations for Erk with Serra and Sain and Priscella.

Also speaking of Sain he is putting in work for me which is funny cause when I started FE7 he was garbage for me till I a couple of levels down the line and he maxed out his strength along the way. As for Kent he hasn't maxed anything but he was more reliable at hitting stuff for me at the first chapters of the game but couldn't get the kills till I got him promoted.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Some FE7 update for me. I'm at Ch.26x right now and stuff is gonna be crazy. I promoted Hector already and my Lyn has max speed and skill and 10 points away for being at lvl 20 so I can promote her with a heaven seal that Rath is carrying for her. Outside of that working of support converstations for Erk with Serra and Sain and Priscella.

Also speaking of Sain he is putting in work for me which is funny cause when I started FE7 he was garbage for me till I a couple of levels down the line and he maxed out his strength along the way. As for Kent he hasn't maxed anything but he was more reliable at hitting stuff for me at the first chapters of the game but couldn't get the kills till I got him promoted.
My Sain always seems to suck before promotion and then pull his pants up once he has the Crest.

Like.... this.

To THIS.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yep pretty much but my Sain got max strength before he got the crest but he couldn't hit worth a damn at times. Now he goes in.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So I'm finally beat FE7 last night and it was enjoyable. I see why people love it so much. The lords put in work like usual and Sain became lvl 20 and bodied people till the final boss part in which he became support along with Kent. Rath was also very useful for me as well and got some needed crits with a Longbow. And the end of it all very fun and now I'm off to do Hector mode for a bit before I go to FE6.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So I'm finally beat FE7 last night and it was enjoyable. I see why people love it so much. The lords put in work like usual and Sain became lvl 20 and bodied people till the final boss part in which he became support along with Kent. Rath was also very useful for me as well and got some needed crits with a Longbow. And the end of it all very fun and now I'm off to do Hector mode for a bit before I go to FE6.
In the end, I was never able to beat Hector mode. Either my save file got deleted or I just deleted it myself... I have done Lyndis and Eliwood's route 3-4 times but Hector's mode not even once.

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
I've recently gotten interested in the idea of making a perler. I'm planning to do Grima's map sprite from FE13 but I couldn't find any images of it, so I'll be using this as a reference. What do you guys think? Which frame would be best? Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No, in order to post stats, you need to first send it through the Back Room Council of Fire Emblem so that they can determine whether your run is worthy to post up.

Just kidding <3

Last edited:

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
If the Back Room Council determines that the stats posted are too far from the character's average stats, you get banned for cheating.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea I almost got banned for my +8 str Floinra, but because she was below average in every single other stat, they felt bad for me instead.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just started FE6. Excited to play the game Roy is from and once I beat it I can truly feel like a Roy player in smash lol.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Titania don't give a care about logic lol.

Also Small FE6 update I'm at Ch.8x and holy crap the hit percentages are wonky as balls in this game like holy crap.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No he's at lvl 14 though sadly.
You should really promote Rutger at least by 8x. Makes Henning a lot easier to deal with.

I my current run in FE6 HM, I promoted Rutger at level 12 IIRC. He had capped Speed and Skill already and I didn't feel like keeping him unpromoted would bring much benifit, at least not more than the promotion gains + that +30 crit bonus.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, I promoted Rutger early in my HM run too, largely because I really didn't want to screw up Chapter 7 again.

If you're having any trouble, it's wise to promote him early. You get a lot more out of him as a Swordmaster.
Though if you feel you're doing fine, then you can probably get away with leveling him more. Just know that promoting early isn't necessarily a bad thing in FE6.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah, I promoted Rutger early in my HM run too, largely because I really didn't want to screw up Chapter 7 again.

If you're having any trouble, it's wise to promote him early. You get a lot more out of him as a Swordmaster.
Though if you feel you're doing fine, then you can probably get away with leveling him more. Just know that promoting early isn't necessarily a bad thing in FE6.
Any particular reason why promoting early isnt a bad thing in FE6?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
While this isn't true in all cases, in Rutger's case the benefits of promoting him generally outweigh the benefits gained from keeping him unpromoted until level 20. As noted before, in Hard mode he's likely to cap speed and skill by level 14 (level 18 in normal Mode). After that he's likely to gain, what, a 5 points of HP, 2 points of Strength, Res, and Luck, and 1 point of defence. All of those are, btw, matched or eclipsed by his promotion gains. He also gains an extra point of movement, and a massive +30 Crit bonus. It makes Henning a hell of a lot easier to deal with(promoting him gives him just the right amount of speed to double Henning), and it's not like promoting him at that point makes him turn to **** later down the line or something. Oh, and it raises his caps so he can actually continue to take advantage of his speed and skill growths.

(I'm basing these stats on SF's averages for him, in case you were wondering)

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Pretty much what shinpichu said, Rutger's growth rates mean that you will not lose too much by promoting him early, that and the benefits of promoting from promoting to Swordmaster are very helpful even if you're not going for a low turn count run.

I also feel that FE6's growth rates in general mean that you probably will not miss much by promoting a level or two before 20, and if you feel you really need a boost for a chapter then there really wouldn't be much harm(of course, if you're doing fine then wait for level 20).

Also, you can buy stat boosters from a secret shop towards the end if you don't care about your rank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom