• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

TheMasonOrder

Banned via Warnings
Yup. Hector can be a true badass if he levels up properly. Plus he has Wolf Beil at the start which is a good custom axe and then Armads. And in Eliwood's route, you can promote him fairly early so he can be very high level by the end.

We were just talking about how @ Delta-cod Delta-cod 's Hector was becoming way OP in his recent most playthrough :)

By the way, which other FEs have you played?
Hector is just pure epic! He's one of my favorite lords too, Along with Eirika, Roy, Ike, and Lief.

Oh, and I've played all of the FEs. Beaten the all expect for FE1 because OHGODITSOUTDATEDANDOLDANDMARTH!

By the way, my favorite FE game is either Thracia 776 or The Sacred Stones.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hector is just pure epic! He's one of my favorite lords too, Along with Eirika, Roy, Ike, and Lief.

Oh, and I've played all of the FEs. Beaten the all expect for FE1 because OHGODITSOUTDATEDANDOLDANDMARTH!

By the way, my favorite FE game is either Thracia 776 or The Sacred Stones.
Well I could infer Eirika and Roy from your avatar :p

But you played Fire Emblem 11: Shadow Dragon right? Isn't that a remake of FE1. My favourite is Path of Radiance, then Radiant Dawn with Sacred Stones rounding off my top 3 Fire Emblem.

Ike is my favourite lord followed by the two siblings in Sacred Stone AND Lyndis. I haven't played 1,2,3,4,5 and 11, 12 so I still have a ways to go. But since 11 and 12 are remakes of 1 and 2, I still need to play 3,4,5, and 11, 12. Also Awakening....

Wow that's a lot.

TheMasonOrder

Banned via Warnings
Well I could infer Eirika and Roy from your avatar :p

But you played Fire Emblem 11: Shadow Dragon right? Isn't that a remake of FE1. My favourite is Path of Radiance, then Radiant Dawn with Sacred Stones rounding off my top 3 Fire Emblem.

Ike is my favourite lord followed by the two siblings in Sacred Stone AND Lyndis. I haven't played 1,2,3,4,5 and 11, 12 so I still have a ways to go. But since 11 and 12 are remakes of 1 and 2, I still need to play 3,4,5, and 11, 12. Also Awakening....

Wow that's a lot.
Yes I've played Shadow Dragon. I was talking about the very first Fire Emblem on Famicom.

Also 12 is a remake of 3, though personally I hate Marth's reamkes.

Yeah, FE5 (and FE4 too becuase I know people will shot me down if I don't recommend it, but whatever) is a much play.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yes I've played Shadow Dragon. I was talking about the very first Fire Emblem on Famicom.

Also 12 is a remake of 3, though personally I hate Marth's reamkes.

Yeah, FE5 (and FE4 too becuase I know people will shot me down if I don't recommend it, but whatever) is a much play.
I am still playing TWEWY again and Golden Sun 2 and don't have the time to start another game of Fire Emblem. Although the games are on my ever increasing backlog....

majora_787

Smash Hero
I barely even have a backlog of fire emblem to play at this point. Though I might play Sacred Stones and Awakening on second playthroughs sooner or later. I would play FE12 again too since they're all pretty high on my personal ranking, but I actually don't think I can. Ohhhhhwell.

Actually after watching FE2 I dunno how I could actually run it through my ranking guidelines. A lot of times it just feels like "if it were newer it would probably be more enjoyable" in just about every aspect. And shelfing it below Blazing Sword doesn't exactly articulate that... welp.

Last edited:
Lucius almost always maxes magic skill speed and I think Res.

His problem is his lack of Luck/def makes him much less reliable than Serra in HHM, especially in drafts.

He does, however, have some great utility, since he starts at C Staves on promotion, while Erk/Canas start at E, and Pent joins w/ B.
I still think Lucius >>>> Serra/Prissy/Erk/Canas even in a draft setting.

Predominately because Serra/Prissy will be unusable for such a long time. Your first guiding ring will not be until chapter 18 (if you manage to steal from zoldam) or chapter 20 otherwise. Lucius and Erk come earlier and get Lyn's mode to train up some. However, Lucius is pretty much guaranteed to get very high speed, magic, and resistance. Due to high growths and high base (10 spd at lv 3 !_!). Erk is iffy if he will ever get enough magic to be useful. He does get durability though.

Canas I still call 2nd best to Lucius since Luna bombing stuff in HHM is so good! Ursula is untouched by any magic user except Luna blasting :D Plus, Prissy/Serra take too long to level-up and I got tired of staff spamming them DX Which sucks because I like the valkyrie class. Magic Horsea.
Europe normally gets things last, its nice to see a bone thrown to them first.
Odd... I would tend to think the past is mostly been JPN, NA, Europe/Aussie.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I still think Lucius >>>> Serra/Prissy/Erk/Canas even in a draft setting.

Predominately because Serra/Prissy will be unusable for such a long time. Your first guiding ring will not be until chapter 18 (if you manage to steal from zoldam) or chapter 20 otherwise. Lucius and Erk come earlier and get Lyn's mode to train up some. However, Lucius is pretty much guaranteed to get very high speed, magic, and resistance. Due to high growths and high base (10 spd at lv 3 !_!). Erk is iffy if he will ever get enough magic to be useful. He does get durability though.

Canas I still call 2nd best to Lucius since Luna bombing stuff in HHM is so good! Ursula is untouched by any magic user except Luna blasting :D Plus, Prissy/Serra take too long to level-up and I got tired of staff spamming them DX Which sucks because I like the valkyrie class. Magic Horsea.
Yea Lucius tends to be the best mage in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword! Gotta love the way he annihilates armies by the end of the game. Too bad the only way to get staff users to level 20 is staff spamming which gets very annoying and takes a lot of turns and effort.

The way you are continuously talking about FE7 is making me want to abandon my TWEWY and GS:TLA playthroughs to finally finish Hector's mode.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Xeylode, you have a very strange definition of 'unusable'. I'll grant you that Pris spends a long time leveling due to her join time + low base level, but Serra can easily be ready by Ch.22, which is quite reasonable. Even earlier if you want to promote her at like level 15 or something.

I used to be in the Lucius camp as well, but you vastly underrate just how much Serra's durability trounces his.

Does this look like the face of Mercy to you?

That was my last draft's Serra. My S-rank run yielded this one:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
At the endgame at POR Hard Mode fixed growths. This is gonna be fun I think.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Right now I have a LVL 20 Ike with Max out strength, skill and speed and a max support with Elincia and B support with Reyson.

Nasir
Elincia
Reyson with max skill and 1 point away from max Res :(
Stefan with max skill and almost have speed and strength at max with a B support with Soren :(
Soren with max mag,skill and res
Jill with max support with Haar
Haar
Tanith with C levels with Marcia and Reyson :(
Marcia with a B support with Rolf
Boyd
Oscar
Volke
Rolf

TheMasonOrder

Banned via Warnings
Cool team. Props for using Elincia and Haar. I almost completed FE9 on hard, but I got lazy. Maybe I'll finish it but I need to find where the disc is at. Also I'm playing FE6 and I'm trying to save all of the villages in Chapter 11, but my team can't reach them in time.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Cool team. Props for using Elincia and Haar. I almost completed FE9 on hard, but I got lazy. Maybe I'll finish it but I need to find where the disc is at. Also I'm playing FE6 and I'm trying to save all of the villages in Chapter 11, but my team can't reach them in time.
I used Elincia but not Haar, personally I used Jill! And I never use Stefan, Mia all the way! And one playthrough I used Marcia and the other Tanith!

I have a bad habit of starting any new game on the hardest possible difficulty available so my first playthrough was on Hard itself. Same with my 2nd playthrough, although I still prefer the random mode over Fixed. There is just something awesome about getting RNG blessed units! Plus Bonus xp makes that a bit easier! Although I really wanted the Insane mode which Japan got!

Yea FE6 was tough and had tons of villages.

TheMasonOrder

Banned via Warnings
I used Elincia but not Haar, personally I used Jill! And I never use Stefan, Mia all the way! And one playthrough I used Marcia and the other Tanith!

I have a bad habit of starting any new game on the hardest possible difficulty available so my first playthrough was on Hard itself. Same with my 2nd playthrough, although I still prefer the random mode over Fixed. There is just something awesome about getting RNG blessed units! Plus Bonus xp makes that a bit easier! Although I really wanted the Insane mode which Japan got!

Yea FE6 was tough and had tons of villages.
Yeah, Mia ftw! Zihark and Lucia are also cool. Why where at it, I don't like using Soren. Ilyana is best Tellius mage. :3

Personally when I play a new FE I start out on normal mode first. Unless hard mode give you a reward for completing it, like in FE12. That way I can get the experience of the story and find out which units I like and don't. In FE9, I also prefer random mode as well, because I have no clue what fixed mode dose.

I haven't played FE6 in forever. Last time I played it was 4 years ago. It's showing to be a real pain, but man... ROY'S MY BOY!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My last PoR had Illyana having an average of 12 kills a chapter (since her join chapter).. 206 kills i believe.. Lemmie dig up an old post of mine

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, Mia ftw! Zihark and Lucia are also cool. Why where at it, I don't like using Soren. Ilyana is best Tellius mage. :3

Personally when I play a new FE I start out on normal mode first. Unless hard mode give you a reward for completing it, like in FE12. That way I can get the experience of the story and find out which units I like and don't. In FE9, I also prefer random mode as well, because I have no clue what fixed mode dose.

I haven't played FE6 in forever. Last time I played it was 4 years ago. It's showing to be a real pain, but man... ROY'S MY BOY!
Well the thing is each mage specializes in a different magic so it gives you incentive to use 3 mages for anima. Soren for Wind, Illyana for thunder, and Calill for Fire (although I don't use her much!)! Illyana was so freaking epic in PoR although she is nerfed a bit in Radiant Dawn. Let me find my old save, it had Mia at the top, then Nephenee, Illyana, Ike and one ore in the top 5 kills. I am very biased towards my favourites, even if their growths are not that good but not in this case I guess.

Well I start on hard because although I love Fire Embem, I find it hard to play through the game tons of times. So I like to challenge myself on the 1st playthrough itself.

Last I played FE6 was helping my sis to boost Sophia's stats! Roy's pretty good actually and he is epic when he gets the Sword of Seals!

TheMasonOrder

Banned via Warnings
Well the thing is each mage specializes in a different magic so it gives you incentive to use 3 mages for anima. Soren for Wind, Illyana for thunder, and Calill for Fire (although I don't use her much!)! Illyana was so freaking epic in PoR although she is nerfed a bit in Radiant Dawn. Let me find my old save, it had Mia at the top, then Nephenee, Illyana, Ike and one ore in the top 5 kills. I am very biased towards my favourites, even if their growths are not that good but not in this case I guess.

Well I start on hard because although I love Fire Embem, I find it hard to play through the game tons of times. So I like to challenge myself on the 1st playthrough itself.

Last I played FE6 was helping my sis to boost Sophia's stats! Roy's pretty good actually and he is epic when he gets the Sword of Seals!
When I first played FE10, Ilyana top #1 in my top five units. Even if she isn't good in RD, I still like her as a unit. Though then again mages got nerfed hard in that game.

I've used Sophia once. She was pretty cool, but Lugh might be the only magic user I'll need. Roy isn't that bad, or at least the Roys I've had. My current Roy is a freaking monster!

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Small update so far I made a slight update to the team and replaced Volke, Rolf and Boyd with Kieran, Rhys and Mia and gave Elincia a physic staff and Ashera staff while Rhys a Fortify and Silence staff while Nasir I gave him a Laguz stone and a Demi Band and have Ike carry a Laguz stone in case the first one runs out. This map on hard is silly because of Ashnard trying to rush you down then after you beat him he revives but even stronger :( .

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I made a slight update to the team and replaced Volke, Rolf and Boyd with Kieran, Rhys and Mia and gave Elincia a physic staff and Ashera staff while Rhys a Fortify and Silence staff while Nasir I gave him a Laguz stone and a Demi Band and have Ike carry a Laguz stone in case the first one runs out. This map on hard is silly because of Ashnard trying to rush you down then after you beat him he revives but even stronger :( .
Yea that was insane! And awesome! I had pride issues on that map and refused to call a Laguz King to help out. Oh the attempts to kill Ashnard a 2nd time with only Ike. Good call on Mia and Rhys! I usually support them to give Mia an attack boost. Although protecting Rhys has to be done but he becomes capable of that at higher levels! Although I usually take Boyd as well.

The last level for me is the xp grinding map. I take tons of Physic staffs and use Hammerne on Fortify thrice (to get around 2400 xp!). Easy way to get Mist, Elincia, Soren and Illyana to level 20. Ashnard hits Ike, Ike hits back. Physic or Fortify. Rinse, repeat! Take tons of turns but I got em all prepped for stat boosts in RD!

My main team is mainly the Greil mercenaries + other favourites:

Ike
Boyd
Mist
Rhys
Oscar
Rolf
Soren
Mia
Illyana
Brom
Nephenee
Elincia
Nasir (compulsory)

I usually manage to take Ike, Mist, Mia, Nephenee, Soren, Illyana, Boyd and Oscar to level 20. And Sothe just for the boosts not in the team.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So i finally beat POR on hard mode and revived mad king Ashnard scared the crap outta me but I had him when I trapped him by the upper part of the fountain and Giffcia saving my butt. This only happened cause I had 4 Holy Knights that Tanith summoned earlier and used them to lure Ashnard away from the Bishop on the castle balcony so he would be outta range from the Physic staff.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So i finally beat POR on hard mode and revived mad king Ashnard scared the crap outta me but I had him when I trapped him by the upper part of the fountain and Giffcia saving my butt. This only happened cause I had 4 Holy Knights that Tanith summoned earlier and used them to lure Ashnard away from the Bishop on the castle balcony so he would be outta range from the Physic staff.
Yea that part was a bit unexpected. For me I never had this trouble because my characters were all out his range when he came charging. Except Nasir and Ike. And those 2 were my staff experience mines!

And this time round he has 80 hp and buffed stats! Thank goodness he does not upgrade his speed though, so Ike can still double!

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dude I never got a double against Ashnard regular or revived form and I had max speed.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Dude I never got a double against Ashnard regular or revived form and I had max speed.
Oh was I wrong? Oops sorry! Maybe I got confused. Ike can double the final boss of RD though so maybe that weirded me out. Well still!

Well he didn't double Nasir atleast, that guy was just a punching bag for me to keep healing.

Still congratulations on beating Path of Radiance on hard! How many people reached 20 with maxed stats?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Oh was I wrong? Oops sorry! Maybe I got confused. Ike can double the final boss of RD though so maybe that weirded me out. Well still!

Well he didn't double Nasir atleast, that guy was just a punching bag for me to keep healing.

Still congratulations on beating Path of Radiance on hard! How many people reached 20 with maxed stats?
Only Ike at lvl 20 with max strength, skill and speed with Soren at lvl 17-18 coming close but max out in magic, Skill and Res and after that Rhys with max magic and resistance.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Only Ike at lvl 20 with max strength, skill and speed with Soren at lvl 17-18 coming close but max out in magic, Skill and Res and after that Rhys with max magic and resistance.
Soren and Rhys were lvl 20? You planning to continue Radiant Dawn with this save file as an import?

Because only Ike's boosts will carry over (+2 to Str, Skl and Spd) if Soren and Rhys are not at level 20.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Soren and Rhys were lvl 20? You planning to continue Radiant Dawn with this save file as an import?

Because only Ike's boosts will carry over (+2 to Str, Skl and Spd) if Soren and Rhys are not at level 20.
No they weren't at LVL 20 Soren was like around LVL 18-19 and Rhys was around LVL 10-11 by the end of the chapter. About Radiant Dawn yes I am once I get a copy of the game but this is the second time I beat POR though so when I do get RD my normal save file that I completed will be imported for my first time playing and same will happen when I do the hard mode on RD but using my completed hard save file.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
No they weren't at LVL 20 Soren was like around LVL 18-19 and Rhys was around LVL 10-11 by the end of the chapter. About Radiant Dawn yes I am once I get a copy of the game but this is the second time I beat POR though so when I do get RD my normal save file that I completed will be imported for my first time playing and same will happen when I do the hard mode on RD but using my completed hard save file.
I still have to beat RD on hard though. Hard is locked on the first playthrough so I didn't do it the first time >.< I have a hard time replaying games just for the hard difficulty and prefer it to be unlocked from the beginning. Although I do want to replay RD again! It is just that the beginning is boring + difficult, a lethal combination to make players disinterested quickly.

Just hang on to RD when you start. The first few chapters might be a bore but the game improves much more as you go on!

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I wonder what's going on in the FE thread today...

Roy's pretty good actually and he is epic when he gets the Sword of Seals!
What, no.
Roy isn't that bad, or at least the Roys I've had. My current Roy is a freaking monster!
Again!?

What bizarre world did I stumble into, I never thought I'd see the day where FE6 Roy is called a monster. :054:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I wonder what's going on in the FE thread today...

What, no.

Again!?

What bizarre world did I stumble into, I never thought I'd see the day where FE6 Roy is called a monster. :054:
Hahaha! Well I felt he was when I last played it, 4 years ago, according to the game he was in....Plus I didn't call him a monster...

The true monsters were Mia and Nephenee during Radiant Dawn. Alondite and Wishblade were never better used.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
He decided not to record the actual run because the sound quality was really bad.

Idk if he actually saved the draft process audio.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
You can make Roy work on Normal, he's still far from the best you have but at least he isn't Wolt.

He's certainly not a character one would willingly bring along for his usefulness though. That late promotion hurts a ton on top of his below average stats. He's kind of an extra obstacle in hard mode.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
You can make Roy work on Normal, he's still far from the best you have but at least he isn't Wolt.

He's certainly not a character one would willingly bring along for his usefulness though. That late promotion hurts a ton on top of his below average stats. He's kind of an extra obstacle in hard mode.
Yea when you put it that way, Roy ain't that strong and that late promotion is definitely annoying. But he still becomes strong post promotion if you train him just not as strong as other people. But you need him to be competent to get the best ending.

It usually does not matter to me as the rest of my team is able to take on the load as all of them are one man armies. I just send in Rutger and Fir at one end to demolish the foes and the rest of the army backs up!

TheMasonOrder

Banned via Warnings
This thread seems quite...

I've been playing FE6 lately and right now I'm on chapter 18 in Sacae. Nothing special really happen that I know of but I might like to share this:

My Shin beat Sue in almost every stat, except for speed and strength. Which I find surprising, because many people say that Sue is weaker than Shin. I will still be using both, but I may bring Sue to endgame . Just wanted to share this.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
So I did Chapters 16-17x tonight, and I picked up three of my units. Which is good, because I was about to need people to start feeding XP to.

Here are the shenanigans:

Chapter 16:
Sain started off pretty clutch while defending Lyn and friends from doom.

And then immediately fell back into old habits.

Chapter 17 went well, almost without a hitch. I'm realizing that I'm probably missing tons of value from chests from not having a thief. Life is pretty bad.

Chapter 17x also went well, except for people's LEVEL UPS.

Sain plz.

All the while, Dorcas continued to give me reasons to hate him.

Those two are okay, I guesssssss, but...

I swear, he's just a ****ing meat head. All he does is HP.

But in the end, it's all worth it. Because of this guy:

ALL HAIL LORD HECTOR.

This guy is:
-1 HP
= Str
+7.4 Skill
+2.35 Spd
+3.3 Luck
+2.5 Def
+2.25 Res

Accounting for Promotion bonuses, he's at about 20/18 Skill. He never needs to get Skill again, and he doesn't need to wait to get it either. He's already at 20/10 Res with bonuses. 20/12 Luck.

This is the best unit I've ever seen.

Top Bottom