• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash 4, a Brawl/Melee tournament, June 28th, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Nako $5 is fine.

haha well you offered cake and santi so i felt left out. :(
i dislike it myself so i'll play a different character. :)
Haha cause you ***** me last time =/
Well if they're only a dollar we can do a few, so the ditto and whatever else you want.
That aside though I expect you to get top 5 at this.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Haha sounds good. I've learned a few different characters now.
And I hope so. I've improved sooo much since last time but I've been on cruise for the past week and I dont get home til monday, so I'll have to get the rust out.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Don't worry brawl rust is very weak. I only play the game maybe once a week since I started again and I'm just amazing =) I just won another SA tourney but I guess that doesn't mean much since no one plays in SA...

How was the cruise? Lots of pizza and ice cream?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Don't worry brawl rust is very weak. I only play the game maybe once a week since I started again and I'm just amazing =) I just won another SA tourney but I guess that doesn't mean much since no one plays in SA...

lolz i assume wootz right? what's the lowdown on that? players/winners/"payout"?

LeeHarris

Smash Lord

Haha, I wouldn't consider that a tournament :p No one even went cause it was such a joke

K1T3

Smash Lord
lolz i assume wootz right? what's the lowdown on that? players/winners/"payout"?
About 20 people, same as last time.
1st Kite
2nd Andy Christ
3rd Judge (JUJ)

The store was gay and took half the pot so 1st was only $80
But free money is free so I can't complain.

In response to no one going. True it was gay but if you know you'll win money I don't see why that would stop people from going. It was just SA people there for a local tourney so I guess it wasn't expected that anyone from OOT would show up.

Broly

Smash Lord
my crew is wanting to come, but is there any "reliable" housing available? cuz i wanna b in melee as well.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Honestly, I'm not sure who to ask atm, SOS ain't gonna do it cuz he doesn't like Brawl, and Smiles doesn't have an apartment to spare. I suppose you could try Kite.

EDIT: housing is a big pain. That's why I haven't gone back to a two day format.

Kal

Smash Champion
People expect you to house them like it's your responsibility. I think that's where the problem with housing lies.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I don't expect the housing Kal... I demand it!!!!!!..?...

But for real... it would be awesome if someone could house like 2 magnolia peoples and 1 houston if at all possible ^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

I won't be able to go to the whole 21st thing. I thought there was going to be street fighter or MvC2 at this one.. :/

... yep

Dojo

Smash Champion
Haha yeah loads of both. I ate so much I probably gained about 10 pounds in a week. It was all pretty fun. But I'm glad I'm back. Time to get to it.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I don't expect the housing Kal... I demand it!!!!!!..?...

But for real... it would be awesome if someone could house like 2 magnolia peoples and 1 houston if at all possible ^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

I won't be able to go to the whole 21st thing. I thought there was going to be street fighter or MvC2 at this one.. :/

... yep
I''ll bring my PS2 and we'll see if we can get in a few matches... didn't know you starting trying those fighters?:confused:

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
What are "those fighters"?

You mean theres other games than smash?

I'll play "those fighters" as well, if you guys don't mind. If anything, anyone up for money matches on the other fighting games? =)

K1T3

Smash Lord
hmm lets see
1) Walls for infinite gayness
2) Camping on that stage is way too easy and way to gay
3) It's near impossible to approach on that stage due to the setup of the stage
4) OMG I back throwed you and yous died at 10 % LOLZ
5) The stage is all glitched up and its very easy to do the ******** bomb block glith that makes the stage even more campy and even more impossible to approach on

Pay special attention to 1 and 5

Mr.C

Smash Master
No most characters vs the high tier (aka the only characters people pick because they are broken mk,snake,rob) on greengreens is a 100% loss. Characters that have any sort of lag will get punished due to how easy it is to camp on the stage, not to mention mk's upb/snakes uptilt and a couple other moves can kill you at like 70% lol.

Terrible level is terrible.

Lylat should definitely not be on random, it should be allowed for a counter pick. The stages platforms completely ****s some characters up and they can't do **** about it.

PS1, nothing really wrong with it. When the level transforms some of the diff parts give some characters advantages but thats how it was in Melee as well.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Also, I'll go ahead and reveal my terrible secret for green greens.

D3 chaingrab into the blocks until 200%. Fthrow into the blocks. They die :(

Lylat isn't a neutral because the stage tilts and ruins auto cancelling for Wolf, D3, Snake, Ganon, etc.

PS1's windmill is solid now. It is so douchey that I want to punch a baby. It was already iffy in Melee and now that there are so many **** wall infinites + a douchey windmill, it should be counter-pick.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Rules have been updated, since no one was trying to say that they SHOULDN'T be changed.

Greens Greens is banned outright, and Lylat Cruise and PS1 have both become counterpicks.

If anyone suggests a new neutral let me know.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Brinstar should be neutral.

The only reason it wasn't in Melee is because the acid ***** fast fallers, but now there are no fast fallers.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I really really like pokeballs. I won't be there, but if I can make even one tournament have pokeballs, I feel like I've made the world a better place.

Kal

Smash Champion
Well, it'll just up Brawl's depth from 0 to some small amount. =P

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
I can probably make it to this. I can bring a Wii with both games if it helps.

Oh and sorry LeeHarris but I don't think I'll make it to D-Pad, in case you didn't read the other thread.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
can you give an estimate of when you think melee will start??
Once I get a few rounds of the Brawl Brackets out of the way, I think we can start doing two TV's for Melee. Because so far I only can count on my cube and Kal's cube >.>

So I'm going to guess 4 or 5. I'll enter Melee, once again with almost no practice whatsoever. I'll likely just go straight Peach. It's not I need to L cancel or anything:laugh:

Kal suxx0rz at Brawl
Dude, he's won two tournaments. If anything, YOU suck at Brawl because you've been playing since the Japanese launch and haven't taken first at any tournament iirc.

The old "you don't like the game therefore it's because you suck at it" does not hold true.

Sarcasm or not just thought I'd point that out.

K1T3

Smash Lord
I want to enter Melee even though I think I'll just SD 5 times out of 4 stock...
Hmm I think everyone should go and enter melee it seems like it'd be fun.

Kal

Smash Champion
Skeet, I think Lee was kidding.

Also, is it really necessary to use my TV for Brawl? Can't we just have it set up for Melee the whole time? T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom