• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash 4, a Brawl/Melee tournament, June 28th, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Dude, he's won two tournaments. If anything, YOU suck at Brawl because you've been playing since the Japanese launch and haven't taken first at any tournament iirc.

The old "you don't like the game therefore it's because you suck at it" does not hold true.

Sarcasm or not just thought I'd point that out.
Haha, you should feel embarrassed right about now. Your sarcasm detector is the worst I've ever seen. When do I post *person* suxx0rz ever and I'm serious?

And yes, I have taken first at several tournaments. Plus, I don't take any game that seriously. I own a business, I have a girlfriend/wife, and I play Brawl maybe once every 2 weeks, yet I still wreck plenty of ***. I like talking about it way more than I do playing it.

Plus, Kal is one of the few smashers I don't want to drop kick in the chest every time I go to a tournament.

And Kal still suxx0rz! We still down for our cigar MM? I'll try to remember to bring a nice one ;)

Kal

Smash Champion
Plus, Kal is one of the few smashers I don't want to drop kick in the chest every time I go to a tournament.
Drop kicking the communistic terrorist is a really bad idea.

And Kal still suxx0rz! We still down for our cigar MM? I'll try to remember to bring a nice one ;)
I do suxx0rz! Definitely up for the money match, though. I'll bring Garcia Vega. They even have holes in the end so you don't have to bite them off. Cigars for casuals; does Sakurai own Garcia Vega??

Actually, it might be cooler if we walk to gas station in a very un-gay way together after the money match and have the winner pick out the brand. But gas-stations don't always have great selections.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
This will be my first smash tournament, so I don't how things work around here. How long are the Brawl singles going to be? and do we bring our own controllers? Also, if anyone doesn't mind, I would like play someone who is attending the tournament over wifi just to get a taste of what I'm up against. I'm not even 100% sure I'll be attending this tournament.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
This will be my first smash tournament, so I don't how things work around here. How long are the Brawl singles going to be? and do we bring our own controllers? Also, if anyone doesn't mind, I would like play someone who is attending the tournament over wifi just to get a taste of what I'm up against. I'm not even 100% sure I'll be attending this tournament.
BYOC. Any control is allowed as long as it doesn't interfere with other signals. I *WILL NOT* have ANY loaners this time around.

I can't give a for sure time. But the singles will likely end around 8-9 ish if we stay on schedule.

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
Anyone wanna get some games in? My house is free today. I just don't have a Wii so someone would have to bring one over with Brawl. I do have a GC for Melee.

I'll make some margaritas if anyone wants to play here.

Let me know....boredom setting in...

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
Eh, change of plans, time for a little house party. Ultimate Fighter Finale is on tonight and it's got a decent card....and it's free!!! Show starts at 8:00. If you want to come...sure... Feel free to bring a Wii and Brawl or whatever. I have a PS2, GC and and decent selection of games.

We'll either BBQ or order Pizza. Who's down?

Kal

Smash Champion
Hylian, I'll Ganon ditto MM you in Melee, you giant scrub. ^_^

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Hey I was wondering if there's any way to register early, like online or somethin. I just feel that 11am is kinda early for registration time if the actual tournament doesn't start till 2pm.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey I was wondering if there's any way to register early, like online or somethin. I just feel that 11am is kinda early for registration time if the actual tournament doesn't start till 2pm.
You can register anytime between 11 and 2....

Dojo

Smash Champion
We got the ok to drive to New Braunfels last week. We got really lucky with that one actually. We're gonna see if we can convince them again. Long shot but its worth a try. We're really wanting to come.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
so who all from austin is going to this thing........and who would want to take me, or have room in their car for one more?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
i guess i'm coming?

with wobbles?

melee doubles?
I recommend bringing your cube and/or Melee then. So far the only confirmed ones I have are mine and Kal's. A TV would be even better since it would be Melee only. Melee, depending on the number of entrants may be round robin over double elim bracket. It would be up to a vote like the last time.

PS: WE ARE IN SERIOUS NEED OF TV'S! THE MORE THE BETTER! MORE TVS=MORE FRIENDLIES! IF YOU HAVE IT BRING IT!

and don't forget those RF connectors if you have them.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
so about when should melee start?? Its looking like i might not be able to come, but if i can get a few free hours in the day, I'd like to time them at the same time as the melee tournament.

So please can we get an expected time for melee, and try to start it exactly then?? And if i'm able to come i'll bring a cube and Carlie's tiny tv

Kal

Smash Champion
I'll enter Melee, but entry to Brawl is entirely dependent on how much pain I feel like inflicting upon myself that day.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
so about when should melee start?? Its looking like i might not be able to come, but if i can get a few free hours in the day, I'd like to time them at the same time as the melee tournament.

So please can we get an expected time for melee, and try to start it exactly then?? And if i'm able to come i'll bring a cube and Carlie's tiny tv
4 or 5 o ' clock.

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
I may not be entering Melee, but I'll bring my GC in case y'all need it. And yes, I do have an RF adapter....I have two actually.

Don't know if I can bring a TV though.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Anyone from the RGV willing to start a bandwagon to get there? I have alot of people trying to get there we just a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom