• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash 4, a Brawl/Melee tournament, June 28th, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Let's do Melee teams instead of brawl singles.

do you know how much time that will save?

K1T3

Smash Lord
I've always liked teams and melee teams would be great.
Though if it couldn't be added without removing a different event I'd rather have melee teams than melee singles.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Its for sure. Dallas best brawlers are coming to your tourney. Will there be crews since Dallas is coming?

1.Infinity
2.Melee1
3.Ice
4.Fogo
5.D4BA

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If there is somehow time for crews, it will either be exhibition or single elimination, and probably keep it cheap at $10 dollars a crew, money for 1st/2nd, 70/30 split.

We could take a vote on Melee teams or Melee singles. But TVs are super duper crucial in this either way.

I want to cram as much as possible into this day. We have until midnight (Gamelot stopped doing the 24 hour thing after Final Smash 2).

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Sacrificing melee singles for melee teams is ********.

Landon, will a TV fit in your car's trunk?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
yes.

**** brawl, it's too time consuming. if we do melee teams, melee singles, brawl teams, we'll still have enough time for a good crew battle.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
i own all of you
We will see. Infinitys pretty good and Im ranked number 1 on gamebattles for MLGpro and not to mention our 5th man could probably **** you. LoL. Hopefully I will get to play you. Not to mention I beat Mr.3000,T-Rex, sethalon at Dallas tourneys.

K1T3

Smash Lord
We will see. Infinitys pretty good and Im ranked number 1 on gamebattles for MLGpro and not to mention our 5th man could probably **** you. LoL. Hopefully I will get to play you. Not to mention I beat Mr.3000,T-Rex, sethalon at Dallas tourneys.
Lol pretty sure he was joking. I havn't seen MrC try at this game / take it seriously at all since the first week of brawl and even that only lasted for the first couple days.

Crew battles would be awesome =)

Robby want to team?

If he doesn't want to enter then do any good Metaknight or Snake players want to team (may even consider GWs and Marths)?
I would like to point out that I own in singles and am 5 million times better in doubles so provided my teammate is decent that means auto top 3 =)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Crews
Melee Singles

That should be it. If you're really interested in crews, let me know KM. I may be able to help out with equipment enough to get crews going quickly.
but brawl is bad and slow lol

that's the opposite of what you should do.

Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
Melee Crews
Brawl Singles

^that's what it should be. people won't fall asleep that way.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'll team with anyone who plays Game and Watch.

Mr. Bucket is such a broken team.

Landon, here's the plan. You bring your gamecube and my smash tapes. I bring my TV, gamecube, and VCR. Then we borrow a 2nd TV from my house. Then we play Melee the whole time and record matches.

We should leave Friday evening.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Hopefully Melee1 gets to Sethlon before Sethlon gets to meeeee :laugh:

Seriously, that guy eats MK alive.
Crazily enough, I wanna play him in tourney. :\

Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
Melee Crews
Brawl Singles

Half the ppl wouldn't even show :<
Melee's not happening like it used to.
Get over it...

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Kite: didn't you get 3 stocked by dojo at the NB tourney? Didn't Hylian 3 stock you too? And I think I beat you 2-0 in the last FS...

Don't mean to sound like an *******, but you can't say you're going to be auto top 3 if you haven't come close to beating many of us...

Also, Pozer, are we teaming? If not, I need to pick up one of these other fine ladies to play with. ;)

And dojo, I have a surprise for the next tourney ;)

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is Perfect

I vote:
Brawl singles
Brawl doubles
Brawl Crews
Melee singles/ If you can get atleast ten people.

Theres not many people who still play Melee.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Kite: didn't you get 3 stocked by dojo at the NB tourney? Didn't Hylian 3 stock you too? And I think I beat you 2-0 in the last FS...

Don't mean to sound like an *******, but you can't say you're going to be auto top 3 if you haven't come close to beating many of us...

Also, Pozer, are we teaming? If not, I need to pick up one of these other fine ladies to play with. ;)

Haha sweet.
We might have a chance at this one hopefully. We'll probably need housing or a decently priced motel though. Driving back last time sucked haha.

Santi

Smash Lord
I think my parents will let me bring San Angelo to Final Smash.

My mom has seen my intense training I've been doing with Charizard.
SO she will prolly let me drive the crew up there.

And we will just crash in the car in the Gamelot Parking lot or something.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think my parents will let me bring San Angelo to Final Smash.

My mom has seen my intense training I've been doing with Charizard.
SO she will prolly let me drive the crew up there.

And we will just crash in the car in the Gamelot Parking lot or something.
Awesome. You guys are a really fun group of smashers. Rock ****ing Smash.

Also, I live a little over an hour away in Austin. If you guys wanted you could follow me home and crash at my place if you can't find SA housing.

Santi

Smash Lord
Awesome. You guys are a really fun group of smashers. Rock ****ing Smash.

Also, I live a little over an hour away in Austin. If you guys wanted you could follow me home and crash at my place if you can't find SA housing.
Ha thanks. :)
Ive been working on my rock smashing. Still cant beat Dojo cause he will gimp my Ivysaur when I try to transition back to my epic man beef Charizard lvl over 9000.

I'll get back to you on that. Still have to talk to my parents and get everything Okayed.

But if we go and cant get SA housing, your offer would be mucho appreciated.

K1T3

Smash Lord

Really now Lee? I thought we were being civil.

I did lose to Dojo in tourney 2-1. I do not recall the first match and it may have been a 3 or 2 stock, second match I beat him and the last match was him 2 stocking me. Dojo is freaking amazing and one of the only 2 people I've ever lost a brawl mm to (I've mm at least 20 people in brawl some of them more than once) the other being Sethlon which I cannot say was a close match or not a close match as it was just kinda hmmm interesting, but I don't think it was **** at all.

As for Hylian I played him a decent number of friendlies this last tourney, mainly against his falco and once against his MK, and I did not lose a single match. I have never played him in tournament except in doubles and each of our teams won a set that time and the one MM we did was at FS3 and I won that.
Hylian don't take any of that the wrong way I fully believe you are an overall better singles player than myself and there's a good chance you'll win the MM we have for this FS though I do think it will be very close.

And yes Lee you did beat me 2-0 last FS with the first match me being in the lead then suiciding at 0% last stock showing my inexperience in the game at that time and the second match you out camping me on Corneria with Snake and you still being at last stock. And we havn't played since then so I can't say say for sure which of us is better. Though, I can point out that since the last final Smash out of the 3 tournaments I have entered I have won the two SA ones and am the best player in SA tourney wise and gotten 5th at the last tourney that you just hosted which was tied with you. That last tourney is also the only brawl tourney that I didn't win money at.

As far as my doubles skills I get quite a bit of doubles practice with the team that got 3rd at your tourney and my partner normally messes around and plays characterrs like jiggs and we still win a good amount of the time.
Aside from them I play the other SA people on 2 or 3 on ones fairly regularly, those go about even. The last time I entered teams was the last FS with Dojo and we took 2nd and Dojo was stealing stocks from me regularly, again Dojo is still just a freakin beast. Had I had a partner I would've gladly entered teams at your tourney and am confident that I would've gotten top 3 if my partner was decent.

In conclusion I don't know where you're getting I havn't come close to beating many of you as I havn't seen anyone good enough that I feel I cannot beat them or havn't beaten them before. And again I am confident in my singles skills but I also know that I am even better in doubles as I was in melee a game you never really played.
So yes I do believe that if I have a pretty good teammate we will definately place high.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'm up for Brawl crews.

I will not be playing in Brawl teams; I'm some kind of bad at them. I'm also bad at Melee so count me out of that too :p Well, unless Melee starts super late and I win money from Brawl, then I'll play.

It looks like a lot of the Texas talent is going to be at this tournament. Good luck to everyone who goes :D

Kal

Smash Champion

Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
Melee Crews
Brawl Singles

Good players know it should be:

Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
Melee Crews
Melee Low-Tier

Low-Tier, because it's slower than Melee singles but still more exciting and deep than Brawl singles.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If I am going to be in a crew, I want Sethlon lol.

My prefered crew would be:

Hylian
Sethlon
Roy_R(If he goes)
Dojo

Maybe one other person.

I like to form crews on the spot though.

And Kite: no offense, but I don't think I have ever played a match seriously against you. Including the MM. Also, Lee has somewhat of a point. I have played pretty much everyone in texas, and I can think of at least 10 people that I would put money on beating you. Also, Sethlon and I will MM you and any other person. We have gotten soooo much better since then. That was one of our first times teaming. We can beat 3000/T-rex consistantly now.

And if you want me to play seriously, then play me in tournament. I lose friendlies with the majority of people I play, because it's fun to just screw around and not worry about the results.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good players know it should be:

Beat up Kal
Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Crews
Beat up Kal again