• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination Epic Failure?

rayman1234

Smash Cadet
i definitely prefer the melee one... not by much though. i just think the corners on brawl's FD are stupid. It definitely screws up a bunch of characters. Melee didn't hav anywhere you could get stuck in so yah ^_^

SSD

Smash Journeyman
I liked the overall look of Melee's. The scale of the entire structure, not just the fighting area...it looked more 3d. The new one looks like the top was designed to be a stage where people fight in 2d. I know that that's how smash works, but the narrow rectangle and grating really make it look like they got lazy with the stage after spending s much time making the background.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Everyone here is going to say the same thing... THE LIP SCREWS YOU

but .. i prefer Brawls due to graphics and a bit smaller stage .. since i play with peach

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
I like the one in brawl better just because the background is cooler and the stage to me looks better than that purple/pinkish one in melee.

I play as Marth so the lip annoys me every now and then, just gotta learn to space the up B better lol >.<

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
As a Jiggz/Olimar user, I don't have much a problem with the lip. It's a complete ***** though. Sure it looks kinda nice, but it messes everything up. And the stage is so small. I can't even do teams there, ever.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I like the change of scenery in brawl. I didn't like the old weird purple color, plus the ledge actually helps Lucario while screwing over his enemies ^^
I also like the smaller space (if it was huge D3 would be even cheaper)

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Same here, Fox, wolf, and falco all get messed up.
Dude what are you talking about? Falco maybe cuz his up b sucks, and maybe wolf cuz his isn't to great either, but fox? Are you serious? To screw up on fd's lip as fox means you're either terrible at precision aiming (there is no situation under fd you can't get out of with a fire fox, I can go under whole stage and still fire fox back), tired and not caring, or are playing on a really laggy wifi match.

Honestly brawl fd ftw. You couldn't just grab melee edge like you can in brawl now. Also as a bonus, some noobs get screwd. Honestly, every character I can think of has a way out of it. Snake, mines. Fox, precision aiming and/or curving firefox. Lucario, curving up b. Zelda, precision aiming. CF Gannon and Marth, all timing and spacing.

If you fail at FD lip then you just don't know your character. Don't blame a barricade you can walk around for dieing. There are no real characters that have trouble with fd lip, if you know how to use the character.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I like Brawl FD look, but Melee FD stage structure. But in my opinion, Smashville is more balanced than FD

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I like the Brawl one more.

Lern 2 recover.

towelie892

Smash Cadet
I prefer Brawl's. The backgrounds are way cooler and the ledges very rarely mess me up. I hated how the Melee one had a black background most of the time; so boring.

M-mo3

Smash Cadet
i dont know about this one. at the same time brawl actually forces you to recover diferently from melee, other wise you might get stuck. example ness, wolf. Imagine how many snakes would have n easier time recovering on melees FD....

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, Brawl's Final Destination. The music is much better, the background is much better, the lip looks cool and aids in mindgames. The only thing that Melee's has over Brawl's is the spaciousness of the Melee Final Destination.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anything that is a remix of the Brawl's theme is crappy music. This is why I hate the Brawl theme so much(that, and it completely tore away from the epicness of the first two themes).

Anyway, Melee's Final Destination. Better overall music(being 4 different playable songs on the original game, two being remixes of the originals, but they're all godly songs).

I hate really small stages. Final Stage(SSB) was the perfect size, as Melee's FD was a bit too big. Brawl's version isn't fun to fight on at all. Battlefield(either game, really) is good enough for a better replacement.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I enjoy playing on Brawl's FD, the background is good fun to watch and the music is much better.
I also play as Pit so it's pretty hard to screw up on the lip.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
I remember when I first played Brawl FD, I was extremely impressed with the presentation, the galaxies and suns in the background, and how it all synced with the music. I loved just looking it at it. Now that I've seen FD at least 4 times a day, I think I prefer Melee FD.

WHYYYY did they not let you play FD in 64? The map is IN there, you just can't play multiplayer on it!

K 2

Smash Lord
I prefer brawl. The background is really impressive and the lips screw over the people who still haven't learned to not recover into it after...9 months.

guy_in_oakland

Smash Cadet
I prefer brawl's,but that's because I didn't play melee D:

not because I didn't like but because I owned ps2 last gen

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I like Brawl's a tad more, mainly because Ike doesn't get as screwed over by the lip as some people (thank goodness he can move a bit horizontally during Aether).

JakobFe

Smash Cadet
I was disappointed to say the least.

I was really expecting Final Destination to be flatter.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Regardless of whether it's Brawl or Melee, I kinda like both of them equally. I can't really choose which is cooler ^^;

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
Based purely on looks, I like the Brawl one better. The Melee one looks like it's some kind of debug room and not a real stage.

c-1

Smash Cadet
Brawl's Final destination has better music, background. Melee's ,although uglier in design, was more balanced

Top Bottom